Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Best Deals on Tickets and Hotels to Stay in

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby XFlight84 on August 29th, 2015, 12:00 pm
Hey everyone, I want to thank those who responded to my last topic on the Flash Pass it really helped me out a lot, I have been doing research because I want to go to Six Flags Great America someday and this Website has really helped and so has the Six Flags Great America Official Website, however I still have a few questions to ask, I will ask a couple of them in this topic.

1. Where can I find the best deals on Six Flags Great America Tickets I know that the park sells them for a discount however they like to charge a $8.99 processing fee and a $1.44 in tax I also know that the park's hotels sell them at a discounted rate however I was wondering what a better deal would be, through the park's Website or at one of the park's hotels?

2. The other question that I have that I want to ask today is which hotels near Great America are the best ones to stay at, I have read a lot about Keylime Cove indoor Water Park resort on the park's official Website however is it the best hotel to stay at near Six Flags Great America? Or are there others within walking distance that are better and have more to offer, if anyone knows the answer to these it would really help-Thanks.
XFlight84

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 29th, 2015, 2:09 pm
If you want a whole waterpark resort, go to Key Lime Cove. Otherwise, the Hampton Inn Gurnee is the best. Right across the street from Six Flags, and I'm sure it has discounted tickets. Have fun!

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Viper 88 on August 29th, 2015, 7:08 pm
I would say if you want to avoid the processing fee your next bet on tickets would most definitely be Jewel 1 because there is no processing fee and 2 you will not have to wait in those horrendous ticket lines at the park and waste time getting in.

For your second question I would most definitely recommend the Residence Inn Deerfield (23 miles away) (free breakfast everyday included in the price of the room) I would go for the studio room because it has a king or queen bed and the sofa pulls out and the sofa bed is actually pretty good not too lumpy like other sofa beds. The studio also has a full kitchen with everything you need to cook and have dinner waiting for you in the room when you get back and bonus dishwasher so you don't have to even bother cleaning dishes by hand set it and forget it. Deerfield also has a pool hot tub and as of 2006 a fountain for soft drinks 24/7. Waukegan (8 miles away) also has the same type of room with the same features however there is no fountain station but everything else is the same Waukegan also has grills that you can BBQ on. Again free breakfast, but neither of them do other meals so there is no room service or bars. Also the Deerfield location had red cedar mulch that absolutely STINKS when it gets wet take this into consideration if you are sensitive to certain smells. Try them you really won't be disappointed. Happy Traveling!!
Viper 88

Postby aaron60060 on August 31st, 2015, 12:49 pm
Stay at LaQuinta or one of the other hotels that are virtually right on top of the park. If you're going to go to fright fest, you should be able to use one of the blind booking sites like Priceline / Hotwire and just select a top tier gurnee hotel. You'll get one for dirt cheap.
aaron60060

Postby rb1 on August 31st, 2015, 3:15 pm
The grand hotel and suites at grand ave gurnee is not a bad option they got an indoor pool walking distance to the park. Close to fast food joints and restaurants too. Close to Busline too 565 if you want to go to the mall or take the Metra and take a tour of chicago. Less than 100 bucks a night check price it could be more. Its not 5 star but if you just need a place to sleep for the night its not to bad. Ticket wise any jewel osco is a good place to buy one if you dont want to wait in line at the ticket booth theres one close to gurnee mills or you can find one at any city in Il. Coke cans got coupons on them dunkin donuts got a $20 off ticket coupon too. Community trust bank in Gurnee got a deal on tickets too dont know how much.
rb1

Postby stockboy300 on September 5th, 2015, 1:58 pm
Labor day weekend 2016 season pass sale. Is this deal available at the gate?
stockboy300

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum