Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Train Advertising

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby steve0145 on July 11th, 2015, 10:17 am
There was this black boxes on each train car. Looked like for a TV, and later in the day I found out they are putting TVs in them

The Front
The Back
Take a look at my YouTube channel all about Six flags Shows and actors https://www.youtube.com/steve0145
steve0145

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 11th, 2015, 12:39 pm
This is either an extremely last-resort type way of advertising, or it might finally be the train timeline we've all been waiting for. Hopefully the latter, most likely the former.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Foltzy on July 11th, 2015, 3:41 pm
I'd imagine its advertising.
Perhaps needed advertisements to fund for train maintenance. (Which from what you guys are saying, is a lot)
Foltzy

Postby cliffhanger on July 11th, 2015, 6:00 pm
Im still not convinced these are TV's. They look like backlit billboards. If they are TV's, how can the park afford brand new TV's for eack car as well as playbck systems and they cant afford basic upkeep and paint?
I hope that if they are TV's, they offer some kind of tour or history. Ads and "Six Flags TV" videos would TOTALY ruin the ride.
cliffhanger

Postby FParker185 on July 11th, 2015, 6:29 pm
The park can easily afford paint and basic upkeep, they are just unwilling to spend it for that stuff. Looks like the train cars got new roofs
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby anewman35 on July 11th, 2015, 10:55 pm
cliffhanger wrote:Im still not convinced these are TV's. They look like backlit billboards. If they are TV's, how can the park afford brand new TV's for eack car as well as playbck systems and they cant afford basic upkeep and paint?

How much do you think TVs cost? Besides, they could probably get them for free (or even make money on them) if they had ads or a sponser on them...
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 12th, 2015, 12:11 am
A typical 32" TV Costs around $250, so times 6 cars, that's $1,250 for TVs. That's nothing compared to other things. Besides, it's probably covered by the sponsors.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Goku1910 on July 12th, 2015, 5:33 pm
I'm going with these not being TV's, they don't even look like the conventional static displays you see at McDonald's.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterCale on July 13th, 2015, 12:15 am
I do admit I should have posted this before. there's been at least one of these monitors on the train for about a month. I agree it looks less like a TV and more of a Mickey-D's ad. So I'm perfectly aware that it says not to talk about the surveys, but this one is old. The park asked about adding screens to the train and having a shoot em up type ride. I think this may be what is slowly happening.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 13th, 2015, 12:31 am
Perhaps they can tie in the park's history with it?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby cliffhanger on July 13th, 2015, 1:35 am
CoasterCale wrote: The park asked about adding screens to the train and having a shoot em up type ride. I think this may be what is slowly happening.

I remember that survey. It sounded like a cool idea. But I think if they are going that route, they would have waited till the off season to install everything at once. This is very mysterious... I hope someone keeps updates going if anything else appears.
cliffhanger

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 13th, 2015, 2:09 am
The park DID add that Soccer Challenge mid-season, so who knows?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on July 13th, 2015, 9:12 am
cliffhanger wrote:
CoasterCale wrote: The park asked about adding screens to the train and having a shoot em up type ride. I think this may be what is slowly happening.

I remember that survey. It sounded like a cool idea. But I think if they are going that route, they would have waited till the off season to install everything at once. This is very mysterious... I hope someone keeps updates going if anything else appears.

I really hate ripping on the park, but many of their projects fall behind. I wouldn't be surprised. The only thing the ops on the train knew were that each car would have one, (I think that's happened already.) and their job is going to be much more difficult. It's obviously obscuring their view, unless the operations will be changed.

CoasterCale

Postby great america fan on July 17th, 2015, 11:30 am
I remember during fright fest maybe 7-10 years back they had the bandits that would jump on the train in the grass field next to the home town fun machine and "rob" the train
great america fan

Postby Viper 88 on July 19th, 2015, 9:12 am
That looks terrible, unsure of what to make of it. A timeline video would be cool but at that esthetic cost I don't know. Where are the scalloped canopies? Are they putting in a better sound system? I remember back 10 years ago for Fright Fest they had a huge squirting spider in the tunnel and the tunnel had fog and I think A couple actors in it (and if not in it at the exit of the tunnel) I remember they had actors in the grass along side the train. It was really an awesome thing to do at night, as was the deadline. Then the next year they did the Scooby show and that was mediocre at best. I really wish they would theme it better for FF. I also think rethemeing STT to something like Igor's Tower would be pretty cool and have a whole new recording for it. And if we are looking for places for Larry There is DDD, A bridge, Firehouse Pizza, Grand Music Hall, unless he needs something to hold onto
Viper 88

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 19th, 2015, 12:53 pm
Didn't Larry pop a few times? Or am I just falling for false 7th grade Info.?

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on July 19th, 2015, 4:42 pm
I'm certainly no moderator and I can get off track myself, by feeding off of others. But could we keep this a little bit more on topic? :roll: :oops:

CoasterCale

Postby cliffhanger on May 31st, 2017, 10:54 am
Yeah, I'm digging up a 2 year old thread. But does anyone (employees) have any idea what happened to these TVs or what they were going to be used for?
cliffhanger

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 31st, 2017, 5:23 pm
I believe the park said that they were going to be used for a history of the park type thing that was cut for budget and never got made.
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum