Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

FLASH PASS

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby mroberge on June 23rd, 2015, 4:11 pm
Hey everyone! I used to go to SFGA all of the time as a kid, but since moving away have only gotten to go a handful of times. We are planning a trip on July 3 and bought the Platinum Flash Pass for two kidneys and a liver. Does anyone know how it actually works? The website is pretty terrible at explaining it. Is it unlimited rides?

Also, is the park likely to be packed?

Thanks!
mroberge

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 23rd, 2015, 6:28 pm
Well, with the Platinum Flash Pass, you shouldn't be worried about crowds all too much. But seeing that it's July 4th weekend, expect long food and non-Flash Pass Ride lines.

As for how they work, you go through the normal Flash Pass line, and you do the whole Q-Bot Scan thing, and you go to the station, and choose your row. With the Platinum Flash Pass, you get a green wristband(the paper ones), that allows you double rides on all rides. No, you don't get 3 rides on a coaster with the Double-Rides celebration.

Hope this helps!

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby mroberge on June 23rd, 2015, 6:56 pm
Thanks it does help! Now to plot the best way to attack the day!
mroberge

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 23rd, 2015, 8:04 pm
Try to find rides at the back of the park w/o the Flash Pass. Less crowds that way. And eat lunch(assuming you're having their food) and dinner at less busy hour. 2-3 for lunch and 5-6 for dinner. Try to ride the bigger rides at night. Mainly Goliath. RIDE GOLIATH AT NIGHT.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby mroberge on June 23rd, 2015, 8:55 pm
I think American Eagle is the only coaster not on the pass so we may go there first. Our goal/hope is that we can ride all the coasters twice!

Thanks for the tip on Goliath
mroberge

Postby UnclePennybags on June 23rd, 2015, 10:44 pm
For the Platinum pass, does anyone know if the first ride could be at the front of the train, and then the second ride at the back? I'd expect you'd get double rides only if you sat in the same seat both times.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterCale on June 23rd, 2015, 10:56 pm
Fair warning: American Eagle usually only operates one side until 12 or even 1. As for the reride policy, I've only seen people stay in the same row for their second time. But if you have Platnium it shouldn't be that long of waits, so take front row during one reservation and back row during another one.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby mroberge on June 24th, 2015, 8:26 am
One more question - any thoughts on how long it'll take to get from the exit off 94 actually into the parking lot? An hour?
mroberge

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 24th, 2015, 9:22 am
^Take the entrance under Eagle. Very short line. Exit 94 on to 120 West, turn right onto Hunt Club, turn right on Washington, and in about 1-2 minutes, turn left into the park.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby mroberge on June 24th, 2015, 12:58 pm
Thanks! Sorry y'all for all the questions. But does the Platinum Flash Pass only allow one ride on Goliath for the whole day or just that you don't get the ride twice option? I'm going to be upset if it only allows one ride for the whole day!
mroberge

Postby Jodon on June 24th, 2015, 1:12 pm
^ At the end of last year they added a second reservation for Goliath on Platinum. You do not get double rides and only 2 reservations.

If you are worried about getting as many rides on Goliath as possible, I would arrive to the park at 9:30 to park and line up for entrance. Once you are allowed to enter the park, I would run right to Goliath. I had good luck with that last year and would usually be on the first or second train of the day. After that I would head to American Eagle, ride that once or twice before the lines get bad. Once you're done with that, I would go pick up the Flash Pass and enjoy the rest of your day. That way you get at least 3 rides on Goliath with minimal waiting.
Jodon

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 22nd, 2015, 9:53 am
Can someone clear something up for me. Does the gold flash pass only allow 1 ride all day, and platinum as many rides as you want?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby UnclePennybags on July 22nd, 2015, 11:56 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Can someone clear something up for me. Does the gold flash pass only allow 1 ride all day, and platinum as many rides as you want?

When I was at the park on July 15, the Flash Pass worked as follows in the dry park:

1) The following rides were in the Flash Pass system: Batman; Demon; Giant Drop; Goliath; King Chaos; Logger's Run; Raging Bull; Revolution; Roaring Rapids; Rue Le Dodge; Superman; The Dark Knight; Vertical Velocity; Viper; Whizzer; X-Flight; Yankee Clipper.

2) You could only make one reservation at a time.

3) Aside from Goliath, with any of the Flash Passes, you could reserve any of the rides in the system as many times as you wanted in a day.

4) Only Platinum Flash Passes could reserve Goliath, and only twice per day.

5) Platinum allowed for double rides, except for Giant Drop, Goliath, and Vertical Velocity.

6) Platinum reservations were almost instantaneous. If I was sitting at the Watering Hole and made a reservation for Raging Bull, by the time I walked through the empty Flash Pass queue, I was immediately sent up to the station. They say Platinum wait times are reduced by 90%, Gold by 50%, and Regular by 0%, but I think they were underestimating the normal wait times because we were getting to the station faster than a 90% reduction.

7) Even after getting to the station, you still have to wait for a specific seat on the train. This is where we lost a lot of time. We wanted the first seat on each ride and had to wait an additional 15 to 30 minutes in these lines. Goliath and Raging Bull had the longest waits for the front seat. If I could do things over, I would have grabbed any seat that would've reduced our wait time.

8 ) Platinum cost $110 per person, Gold was $70 per person, and Regular was $45 per person.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on July 22nd, 2015, 6:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 22nd, 2015, 12:29 pm
uncle_pennybags wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:Can someone clear something up for me. Does the gold flash pass only allow 1 ride all day, and platinum as many rides as you want?

When I was at the park on July 15, the Flash Pass worked as follows in the dry park:

1) The following rides were in the Flash Pass system: Batman; Demon; Giant Drop; Goliath; King Chaos; Logger's Run; Raging Bull; Revolution; Roaring Rapids; Rue Le Dodge; Superman; The Dark Knight; Vertical Velocity; Viper; Whizzer; X-Flight; Yankee Clipper.

3) Aside from Goliath, with any of the Flash Passes, you could reserve any of the rides in the system as many times as you wanted in a day.

5) Platinum allowed for double rides, except for Giant Drop, Goliath, and Vertical Velocity.

6) Platinum reservations were almost instantaneous. If I was sitting at the Watering Hole and made a reservation for Raging Bull, by the time I walked through the empty Flash Pass queue, I was immediately sent up to the station. A gold pass would've taken longer. A Regular even longer than the Gold.

7) Platinum cost $110 per person, Gold was $70 per person, and Regular was $45 per person.

Thanks

Reason I ask is I was recently just at Fiesta Texas and the Gold level only allowed 1 ride a day. When I was at Over Texas I purchased the Platinum. So just curious if the gold worked the same way at all the parks allowing only 1 ride a day on each ride

B&MGuy35

Postby CoasterCale on July 23rd, 2015, 7:12 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:
uncle_pennybags wrote:

6) Platinum reservations were almost instantaneous. If I was sitting at the Watering Hole and made a reservation for Raging Bull, by the time I walked through the empty Flash Pass queue, I was immediately sent up to the station. A gold pass would've taken longer. A Regular even longer than the Gold.

7) Platinum cost $110 per person, Gold was $70 per person, and Regular was $45 per person.

Thanks

Reason I ask is I was recently just at Fiesta Texas and the Gold level only allowed 1 ride a day. When I was at Over Texas I purchased the Platinum. So just curious if the gold worked the same way at all the parks allowing only 1 ride a day on each ride

Yeah it goes by parks. From what I've personally looked into, SFMM has among the worst. There are Single Rides on TC, FT, and Superman. I'm not sure if that means one reservation per visit, per use, or only having one ride at a time. (similar to V2) Finally, X2 is an up-charge regardless, and can only be accessed with Gold or Platinum FPs. (obviously standby is always an option.)
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Viper 88 on July 24th, 2015, 8:00 pm
that's dumb and confusing it should be uniform through out the entire chain.
Viper 88

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum