Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New ride for 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on September 2nd, 2015, 5:32 pm
I personally think that JL:BFM will be a great fit for SFGAm! Now I wonder where the second one will go then...
jmanporty7

Postby gottastrata33 on September 2nd, 2015, 6:13 pm
Our park & SFOG were the rumored parks to get the JL dark ride. I know we one don't care that SWAT is gone but if they get rid of Monster Mansion/Plantation at Over Georgia for JL, people are gonna freak the hell out in the worst way possible.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterCale on September 2nd, 2015, 6:17 pm
That's true. I can tell just from facebook banter that Monster Mansion is loved. As to goliathaddict, that's one less person in line.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 2nd, 2015, 6:37 pm
I'm confused on why they'd make such obvious teasers. If they really were aiming it at us(or anyone for that matter), why blurt out the Superhero theme from the start? Practically everyone knows about the Justice League, so a teaser themed to them doesn't make sense, being so obvious.

Glad to see this though. Another(and actually good) ride to access when it's raining.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 2nd, 2015, 6:41 pm
Maybe they wanted people to think it was too obvious to be true or something.
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on September 2nd, 2015, 7:33 pm
Maybe it's not the dark ride we think it's going to be... Maybe it will be tracked and have a coaster section!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby xcheetaht on September 2nd, 2015, 7:49 pm
If it's a dark ride, then it's a waste of money and space!
xcheetaht

Postby gottastrata33 on September 2nd, 2015, 8:01 pm
Ooh takin the dark ride concept to the next level like CF did with Wonder Mountain's Guardian at Wonderland!!

I've been on Th13teen at Alton Towers & those drop sections on coasters like 13, Guardian, Polar Express, or Verbolten may be small (15-30ft) but it's thrilling & even borderline scary! ;) ok this is what I want us to get now even if it is called Battle For Metropolis.

As for you above me, if you think it's a waste - don't go on it. Cause dark ride or coaster, both are great investments for different crowds. No one really cares what you want. You prob have a season pass & go often without paying for much of anything at all & then still complain you have to wait in a 30min line because the park is crowded. But it's not you paying Great Americas bills is it? No it's the families that spend the entire day there, buying souvenirs & meals who will return because they have more to do next year as a FAMILY. Roller coasters are great, obviously I'd even say DUH buttttt it's our collection of water park attractions, flat rides, shows & kids areas/attractions that pull more people in than some enthusiast like you who's gonna complain on a forum that a dark ride is a waste of space & money.
gottastrata33

Postby JaminOut on September 2nd, 2015, 8:17 pm
Does Great America need building permits for buildings?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Jodon on September 2nd, 2015, 8:19 pm
I'm fairly indifferent about getting a JLBFM...I would imagine that I will like the ride, but significantly worried about the potential for awful operations and bloated wait times. I'm also skeptical that Great America will take good enough care of the ride for it to be a quality ride for more than a couple years.

Regardless, I'm becoming more and more concerned for the SF chain as a whole. If all the other SF properties are getting what they are rumored to, I'm a bit concerned that there is little innovation across the SF corporation. A SF park will get a RMC, a couple parks will get a Larson Loop, a couple parks will get a JLBFM, and a park or two will get a S&S free spin...It's like last year's announcement all over again. It's disappointing to me. It seems to me that SF tends to cheap out on their capitol improvement projects. When was the last time SF built a full size world class coaster compared to what CF has been doing the past few year. Luckily SF has a positive relationship with RMC...otherwise the last few years would have been particularly lacking for SF. When was the last time SF built a non clone coaster over 4000 ft from the ground up?
Jodon

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 2nd, 2015, 8:31 pm
It's not that they're cheaping out, it's just that they're trying to avoid a repeat of what happened under premiers "leadership" aka, borrowing so much money for new attractions, that eventually, the chain can't carry the amount of debt it has and goes bankrupt.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby anewman35 on September 2nd, 2015, 8:43 pm
From business standpoint, its all about how much return they get from a ride. If a giant custom world class coaster costs an extra $10 million, but they do the math and don't project that it will make them more than $10 million in extra revenue it doesn't make business sense to do it. (And the reverse is true, too - if they thought they'd make more money overall with better rides, they'd do it)
Last edited by anewman35 on September 2nd, 2015, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anewman35

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 2nd, 2015, 9:03 pm
anewman35 wrote:From business standpoint, its all about how much return they get from a ride. If a giant custom world class coaster costs an extra $10 million, but they do the math and don't project that it will make them more than $10 extra revenue it doesn't make business sense to do it. (And the reverse is true, too - if they thought they'd make more money overall with better rides, they'd do it)

Exactly! When premier was in the Drivers seat, it was more about Burke's ego than smart business decisions. Don't get me wrong, I loved the era of Kingda Ka, Tatsu, and all the awesome rides that came along with it. But it was all funded by running up a credit card and obliterating Six Flags financially. I really like the way things are being run now!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby JaminOut on September 2nd, 2015, 10:01 pm
So I am going to make my final prediction. The banners says "New thrills" much like Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and rumor has it they are slated for a flat ride package. I'm thinking we may see a new small area called DC Universe pop up in the park where the SWAmp used to be. As for rides, I'm guessing a Larson Looper, an Air Race, and one other (unique) flat ride.

What's your final prediction?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby anewman35 on September 2nd, 2015, 10:20 pm
JaminOut wrote:So I am going to make my final prediction. The banners says "New thrills" much like Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and rumor has it they are slated for a flat ride package. I'm thinking we may see a new small area called DC Universe pop up in the park where the SWAmp used to be. As for rides, I'm guessing a Larson Looper, an Air Race, and one other (unique) flat ride.

What's your final prediction?

Justice League. While I thought they might put up a fake webpage briefly, I really can't imagine they'd make a fake URL redirect, so that clinches it for me.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on September 2nd, 2015, 11:59 pm
Apparently SFOG's addition was leaked - 12 new rides, a DC themed family/kids area! Is this what we could actually be seeing?!

& here is Total Mayhem from SFGAdv....

http://youtu.be/irLQnpS0VFc
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on September 3rd, 2015, 1:03 am
What time is the annoucment

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby coasterfanatic on September 3rd, 2015, 1:27 am
At 7am this morning, Six Flags Great America will introduce Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. As has been rumored since Screamscape first reported it back in June, and was leaked last week on the company website, everyone can now rest easy.

Keep in mind that the parks marketing manager Brandon left a few years ago or whatnot, so the marketing department wasn't the same, plus let's just face it. This was NOT a well kept secret. Why try to steer us too much in the wrong direction when it's basically been a lock for months.

If its done right and not just another Dark Knight, it should be a great addition to the park and much better than an empty SWAT.

I am excited.
coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterDave316 on September 3rd, 2015, 4:12 am
Post all reaction to Justice League: Battle for Metropolis in this topic here.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15049
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum