Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New ride for 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on November 7th, 2014, 1:44 pm
Burboun Street Fireball in Cajuns old space, With Six Flags labeling them as coasters and the recent trend of coaster installations (2010, 2012, 2014) I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we got one in 2016 and they just called it a coaster like they have done at other parks. Also it's interesting to note that Necropolis and Moseleum of Terror are history, it makes me wonder if there are plans to further expand in the picnic grove or put some sort of permanant ride in the building in the County Fair Games gallery, and shift fright fest more into hurricane harbor.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby tp41190 on November 7th, 2014, 5:04 pm
They need to do a complete overhaul on Fright Fest. Each year becomes more and more shameful. The lack of actors, fog, free scare zones, and decorations is pretty pathetic. For a park that receives an extremely high profit, especially in comparison to the other Six Flags parks, there is no reason that they should just get by with what they have been doing.
[read]
tp41190

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on November 7th, 2014, 11:29 pm
tp41190 wrote:They need to do a complete overhaul on Fright Fest. Each year becomes more and more shameful. The lack of actors, fog, free scare zones, and decorations is pretty pathetic. For a park that receives an extremely high profit, especially in comparison to the other Six Flags parks, there is no reason that they should just get by with what they have been doing.

I completely agree! A Few years back Galvan had a Galvan investigates post where he pondered the idea of having a massive fright fest event using Hurricane Harbor that would rival Statesville, even having it open on nights when the main park was closed. I think this would be a great idea. Fright Fest has become dull and in need of a serious overhaul in my personal opinion. Retiring Necropolis and Moseleum of Terror really makes me wonder what they have up their sleeves for the future.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Jacklw6499 on November 8th, 2014, 10:57 am
Were probably going to get a Skyscreamer in 2016, and then maybe our next coaster will be around 2020, a Giga maybe?
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on November 9th, 2014, 8:37 pm
Since Moseleum of Terror is biting the dust, they could always axe that building behind the games gallery and put a Sky Screamer there. It would draw quite alot of traffic to the games! All fun and speculation for now, I'm still waiting to see some 2015 updates! All seems to be silent....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby CD5 on November 9th, 2014, 11:14 pm
Regarding the possibility of a SkyScreamer, I heard from the "Dippin Dots guy" that a SkyScreamer isn't in the cards for SFGAm due to its low capacity. I believe him -- wouldn't the park already have one by now?

I'd definitely be in favor of a Justice League-style dark ride, assuming the 2015 ones do well.
CD5

Postby DeathbyDinn on November 10th, 2014, 12:01 am
I'd kinda rather have something more original that sticks with the theme of the park, but I do really want a dark ride so as long as they don't do something stupid like build the Hall of Justice in SWT, I'd be happy with seeing a Justice League dark ride. I think it'd be cool to see a redo of the CF Games Gallery to fit a dark ride. Put the ride in the middle and then have the games and food stands re-themed to fit with it.
DeathbyDinn

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on November 10th, 2014, 7:48 am
DeathbyDinn wrote:I'd kinda rather have something more original that sticks with the theme of the park, but I do really want a dark ride so as long as they don't do something stupid like build the Hall of Justice in SWT, I'd be happy with seeing a Justice League dark ride. I think it'd be cool to see a redo of the CF Games Gallery to fit a dark ride. Put the ride in the middle and then have the games and food stands re-themed to fit with it.

So it would replace Massacre Medical Center?
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby anewman35 on November 10th, 2014, 11:14 am
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:
DeathbyDinn wrote:I'd kinda rather have something more original that sticks with the theme of the park, but I do really want a dark ride so as long as they don't do something stupid like build the Hall of Justice in SWT, I'd be happy with seeing a Justice League dark ride. I think it'd be cool to see a redo of the CF Games Gallery to fit a dark ride. Put the ride in the middle and then have the games and food stands re-themed to fit with it.

So it would replace Massacre Medical Center?

Maybe I'm an exception because I'm not a haunted house fan, but I really hope the park isn't OK with wasting a spot for 5 months because it'll be used for 6 weekends. Worry about the regular season first and work Fright Fest around that.
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 10th, 2014, 5:23 pm
I think I remember someone mentioning this a while back, but couldn't it be possible to make MMC the dark ride, or have the Justice League ride there, and retheme/repurpose it for fright fest? Like put different theming in, or just remodel the path to fit the path of the ride?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on November 11th, 2014, 10:46 am
CD5 wrote:Regarding the possibility of a SkyScreamer, I heard from the "Dippin Dots guy" that a SkyScreamer isn't in the cards for SFGAm due to its low capacity. I believe him -- wouldn't the park already have one by now?

I'd definitely be in favor of a Justice League-style dark ride, assuming the 2015 ones do well.

I'm sorry but if "DippinDots guy is just a normal employee, I wouldn't take it too seriously. I don;t think it's capacity. If you notice, Sky Screamers are becoming taller than STT. If we did get one, it wouldn't compare to TSS or NESS.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby jmanporty7 on November 16th, 2014, 4:58 pm
In 2016 I predict that Great America will get one of three things. A Justice League dark ride in the Pictorium's building (with expansion on the building itself), a Bourbon Street Fireball in RC's spot, or the Great American SkyScreamer in Buccaneer's spot.
jmanporty7

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on November 23rd, 2014, 11:35 am
Here are my thoughts. SFGAm has opened a roller coaster every other year since 2008. Considering that's a lot, let alone the last two being top coasters in the park, we shouldn't really expect a coaster in 2016. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if we received a coaster. Call it far fetched, but remember the markers seen around American Eagle in 2013? Roller coasters usually take two years of planning before the coaster is announced and built the fallowing year. So that being said could we see a RMC Iron Horse for American Eagle at the park in 2016? I think it's a long shot, a really long shot, but people say instead of a RMC American Eagle we got Goliath. That can't be true, Goliath already was planned at time. So what could the markers signify? That's my thought.

As for a more realistic approach, I'd like to see a thrill ride come to SFGAm in 2016. I don't expect a tall swing ride, we would have received that already if we were to get one
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 23rd, 2014, 5:36 pm
^ But they were next to the Southwest Amphitheatre right? Maybe it's something THERE instead.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on November 23rd, 2014, 7:26 pm
^^ Being honest, I didn't hear the markers associated with the SW ampatheater at all. Not that you're wrong though. If that's true, maybe a dark ride perhaps? In the Fallow The Journey series, it mentioned the ampatheater had some things booked for next year but it didn't mention 2016. And it's in extreamly poor condition, although I thought I did see some weeds cut inside near the end of the year
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Viper 88 on November 24th, 2014, 11:06 am
[quote="Guy_With_A_Stick"]^ But they were next to the Southwest Amphitheatre right? Maybe it's something THERE instead.

Are you aware how close SWTAT is to Eagle? If they were going to RMC or Iron Horse Eagle and if the rumors are true they can't build within 300 ft. then the only choice is in the park. But hey I could be wrong and most likely are.
Viper 88

Postby anewman35 on November 24th, 2014, 9:41 pm
It strikes me as rather unlikely that any markers in 2013 would indicate anything about a ride in 2016. If they were planning a ride, they'd do it on blueprints and computers, why would they need to put things in the ground early?

I don't know what's coming in 2015, but I suspect that it'll be in the Ragin' Cajun spot, just based on the idea that they won't want to leave that spot open for three (or more) seasons, and also the fact that it was the entrance to Necropolis this year, and we know that Necropolis is going way, could be due to 2016 construction plans?
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on November 25th, 2014, 4:37 am
These are just ideas, some insane & who cares, I'm gonna let the ideas fly. I'm not gonna get into space, cost or restrictions because as I've mentioned a park can do anything it wants if they really want it in time - but - things I'd love to see coming to our park in 2016 & beyond (prob most forever in my imagination) are:

An entrance/tool booth remodel. The last one wasn't/isn't very attractive. It is awful, we all know it.

Following that, a Hurricane Harbor entrance relocation. I love the gates/fountain so keep that though.

Another but, tiny family/junior coaster for the little ones. SFMM got this down with Speedy Gonzales. This would have been perfect for 2015 with the kiddie rides comin back.

A 330-400+ft SkyScreamer, "the Great American SkyScreamer".

A B&M hyper-dive coaster, 10 across.

A B&M giga coaster.

An S&S 4D, yes an Eejankaika/X2.

We need a nice frickin Ferris Wheel!

More sit down indoor restaurant dining/experiences.

An intamin water coaster that connects both Hurricane Harbor & SFGAm (something like Divertical)

A proslide hydro-magnetic water coaster to Hurricane Harbor & a proslide TornadoWave wall (HH at SFOG)

An infinity coaster like the Smiler. Maybe not as insane as Smiler, 14 is a bit much ;)

A 100+mph S&S/Intamin launch coaster. A strata is too expensive, focus on speed, not height.

An interactive fountain. No, I'm not counting that nasty whatever it is now in Kidzopolis.

A gyro drop tower, basically a Giant Drop upgrade for capacity.

A Gerstlauer 100+ degree large model euro-fighter (see Takabisha).

An RMC hybrid coaster - from scratch. I'm still iffy about them EVER touching AE to do that.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby X-Flight2012 on November 25th, 2014, 8:21 am
If we got a family coaster, I would prefer if we got something more than a Zamperla model. It is a small, and low capacity ride. Lines can get horrendous on these at other parks (Hersheypark). They need a family coaster that is different than Spacleys like a B&M Family Suspended Coaster or a Vekoma (like it will happen).
X-Flight2012

Postby Brewersdawg828 on November 25th, 2014, 9:49 am
A few ideas

200+ ft skyscreamer

Water coaster in hurricane harbor (think black anaconda at Noah's ark) as well as a new water park entrance

Topper track on eagle or at least a re-furb (PLEASE)

Interactive dark ride in SWA

Super looper or Ferris wheel in RC's spot
Brewersdawg828

Postby gottastrata33 on November 26th, 2014, 7:26 pm
X-Flight2012 wrote:If we got a family coaster, I would prefer if we got something more than a Zamperla model. It is a small, and low capacity ride. Lines can get horrendous on these at other parks (Hersheypark). They need a family coaster that is different than Spacleys like a B&M Family Suspended Coaster or a Vekoma (like it will happen).

You're right. The ques for them can get bad cause there are more little children than one thinks at a park. It's just so damn cute & small, perfect for those wee little ones. I imagined one going in alongside Demon where Skytrail is/was. Just found it so fitting with the kiddie rides comin back to the park. Would have been a nice 14th to the lineup. A B&M family coaster would be fantastic but the track doesn't look much smaller, its so bulky for a tiny coaster haha! Though capacity & maintenance for it would be on point ;)
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 26th, 2014, 11:09 pm
I'm going to post a few of my ideas:

Launch coaster: I don't care if it's something like Cheetah Hunt or Rita, we need a full circuit launch.

An airtime machine. I'd assume something small like a Chance Hyper GT-X or a B&M Mega Coaster like Hollywood Dream at Universal Japan.

A coaster that has at least 7 inversions. Preferably a B&M sitdown/floorless.

A kiddie coaster: Spaceley's Sprocket Rockets is almost 20 years old, we need a new kiddie cred.

I'll think of more stuff later.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Foltzy on November 26th, 2014, 11:55 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I'm going to post a few of my ideas:

Launch coaster: I don't care if it's something like Cheetah Hunt or Rita, we need a full circuit launch.

An airtime machine. I'd assume something small like a Chance Hyper GT-X or a B&M Mega Coaster like Hollywood Dream at Universal Japan.

A coaster that has at least 7 inversions. Preferably a B&M sitdown/floorless.

A kiddie coaster: Spaceley's Sprocket Rockets is almost 20 years old, we need a new kiddie cred.

I'll think of more stuff later.

Big fan of those ideas but....
The only one I think we might get is full circuit launch.
We already have most of the rides
Airtime machine=bull, viper
Inversions=BTR. X-flight
Kiddie coaster=while you have a point, SFGAm has spent a lot of the past years adding kiddie rides (kidzopolis, this years refurb)
Foltzy

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 27th, 2014, 12:55 am
But on Bull and Viper, all you get is a bit of floater here and there. I'm talking constant hills with a mix of floater and ejector.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby DeathbyDinn on November 27th, 2014, 1:11 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:A kiddie coaster: Spaceley's Sprocket Rockets is almost 20 years old, we need a new kiddie cred.

This would be a much better argument if we didn't get a new kiddie coaster 4 years ago. :wink:
DeathbyDinn

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum