Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New ride for 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Foltzy on November 3rd, 2014, 10:12 pm
Hey guys. Now that it's the offseason and I really want to go to six flags, thinking about it will be a decent cure
With the 40th anniversary in 2015 and the events coming with it, what will happen the next year?
Think we will see a gigantic coaster that completes a three coaster in five year span again? Or maybe a groundbreaking flat?
Last edited by Foltzy on July 7th, 2015, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foltzy

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 3rd, 2014, 10:54 pm
This stuff usually gets locked. At least ones that pop up this early.

I honestly think it'll be either an airtime machine, an ultra inverter, or a dark ride.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Tardis1972 on November 3rd, 2014, 10:58 pm
Hoping for a six inversion coaster or a 100 mph coaster. Thrill rides- sky screamer or dark ride. If we don't see a coaster in 2016 then I expect were seen one in 2017.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterMike on November 3rd, 2014, 11:00 pm
It's way too early to tell.
CoasterMike

Postby Tardis1972 on November 3rd, 2014, 11:07 pm
^ I know that.
Tardis1972

Postby onyxhotel08 on November 4th, 2014, 8:10 pm
I could go for a new amazing flat to go in RC spot OR maybe the flumes are finally replaced with a killer new water ride? Something more modern?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Muck Finnesota on November 5th, 2014, 12:07 am
I wish somebody would take that HUSS Frisbee and replace it with a HUSS Giant Frisbee. Or the Mondial version.

Maybe they'll get a chance to build the second half of Goliath...

<ducks>

Joke.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby tp41190 on November 5th, 2014, 10:01 am
Muck Finnesota wrote:Maybe they'll get a chance to build the second half of Goliath...

Turn the brake run into a mid course and add an Iron Horse section.

Actually nah...RMC will probably start the coaster on fire (again) like they did to Colossus.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Tardis1972 on November 5th, 2014, 11:53 am
If a new ride is added in 2016 I hope it villain themed ride. Maybe a joker themed ride.
Tardis1972

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on November 5th, 2014, 12:43 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:If a new ride is added in 2016 I hope it villain themed ride. Maybe a joker themed ride.

Where would it fit in?

I think if not a New roller coaster, either some new flats or a dark ride in Southwest Amphitheatre.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Tardis1972 on November 5th, 2014, 4:02 pm
^ Maybe one of the current flat rides could be re-themed.
Tardis1972

Postby Chitown on November 5th, 2014, 6:31 pm
Normally I would lock this as it is way to soon but what the heck. Not much going on here lately.

Since Six Flags is installing 2 Justice League dark rides next year, we now know that management are interested in Sally dark rides again. So hopefully that is what SFGAm gets in 2016.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on November 5th, 2014, 6:55 pm
Chitown wrote:Normally I would lock this as it is way to soon but what the heck. Not much going on here lately.

Since Six Flags is installing 2 Justice League dark rides next year, we now know that management are interested in Sally dark rides again. So hopefully that is what SFGAm gets in 2016.

That's what I was thinking. It could possibly go in Southwest Amphitheatre but if it were to go in Orleans Place or Yankee Harbor, I'm not sure where there would be room for a dark ride.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Tardis1972 on November 5th, 2014, 7:16 pm
What kind of dark ride do you want to see. Interactive, non interactive or water dark ride?
Tardis1972

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 5th, 2014, 8:35 pm
INTERACTIVE!!!!!!!!

If it's not a Sally dark ride, it's probably going to be a Looping Dragon kind of ride.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on November 5th, 2014, 9:40 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:it's probably going to be a Looping Dragon kind of ride.

Please, no.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby MNSFGAmfan on November 5th, 2014, 10:15 pm
I could see SFGAm getting a SkyScreamer for 2016 because it would be a great fit for the park. Of course, it would have to be shorter than the other SkyScreamers because of Great America's height restrictions, but it is certainly a possibility. Also, I don't think this what fans would want, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get a Super Loop because they are starting to become a thing for Six Flags. I don't think SFGAm needs a new coaster in 2016 because they have received two coasters in the past three seasons, with one of them being one of the most amazing coasters I've ever ridden, but if and when they do get a new coaster, maybe it could be an S&S 4D Free-Spin like the new B:TR at Fiesta Texas, or maybe American Eagle could get RMC'd.
MNSFGAmfan

Postby Carlo on November 5th, 2014, 10:39 pm
I think a dark ride is most likely in 2016. I would not be surprised if one of those Justice League rides were for Great America in 2015, but with the late opening of Goliath I think plans changed and now we get the 40 Season Celebration because they are banking on Goliath to draw in the people.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 5th, 2014, 11:44 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:

Please, no.

They're ok rides themselves, but it's just so f***ing annoying that Six Flags is calling it a coaster.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's either a Justice League dark ride, a SkyScreamer, or a Super Loop.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Muck Finnesota on November 5th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:

Please, no.

That would be worse than nothing.

Looking at 2015 additions going in around the chain, how about the S&S ride Fiesta Texas is currently installing? It's probably wretched in terms of capacity, and experience-wise it looks like nothing more than a Mouse Coaster that got knocked on it's side in a stiff breeze (or a Zac-Spin), but it's not far-fetched to see one as a get-me-over addition until the next big project. It would be funny in a bad-joke kind of way if they planted one of those where Ragin' Cajun used to stand. Maybe they could call it Bizarro.
Muck Finnesota

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on November 5th, 2014, 11:52 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:

Please, no.

That would be worse than nothing.

Looking at 2015 additions going in around the chain, how about the S&S ride Fiesta Texas is currently installing? It's probably wretched in terms of capacity, and experience-wise it looks like nothing more than a Mouse Coaster that got knocked on it's side in a stiff breeze (or a Zac-Spin), but it's not far-fetched to see one as a get-me-over addition until the next big project. It would be funny in a bad-joke kind of way if they planted one of those where Ragin' Cajun used to stand. Maybe they could call it Bizarro.

Would the Batman The Ride going in at Fiesta Texas be too similar to X-Flight? I know that the S&S one spins/4-d while X-Flight obviously doesn't, but I just think they might be too similar.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Muck Finnesota on November 6th, 2014, 10:43 am
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:Would the Batman The Ride going in at Fiesta Texas be too similar to X-Flight? I know that the S&S one spins/4-d while X-Flight obviously doesn't, but I just think they might be too similar.

Maybe, but beyond the similar looking vehicles, the mouse coaster-esque layout will be enough for people to deduce that X-Flight and an S&S Free Spin are different rides.
If not, this is also the theme park chain that installed a GIB on top of a Boomerang in SFNE, a Zac-Spin at a park that already had the Arrow 4-D (X), an SLC in a park that already had a Batman The Ride, a Mouse in a Box next to a Spinning Mouse at SFGAm, and almost (allegedly) relocated a B&M Standup to the park that already had (at the time) the first B&M Standup.
Muck Finnesota

Postby Tardis1972 on November 6th, 2014, 9:19 pm
I say dark ride or SkyScreamer in 2016 and a coaster in 2017.
Tardis1972

Postby DeathbyDinn on November 6th, 2014, 10:40 pm
The S&S free flys look cool, but we're pretty much the last park in the chain that should get one. Especially with how busy the park felt this year, the last thing we need is a big thrill coaster with that low of capacity. I've had enough of waiting in 2+ hr long lines with Goliath myself. :lol:
DeathbyDinn

Postby onyxhotel08 on November 7th, 2014, 12:48 am
New flat...cough....
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum