Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New ride for 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 27th, 2014, 12:25 pm
^ I consider Little Dipper a family coaster. I'm saying a Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers or a Mack Powered coaster.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 28th, 2014, 2:33 pm
Sorry for double post, but here are a few of my ideas for 2016:
(Also, Red X's/circles means rides that could be removed/relocated elsewhere in the park. Red lines are pointing to where relocatable rides could go. Blue circles indicate the space where new rides could go. Green means additional rides/attractions that could be added in open space) And I know that some of these ideas might be ridiculous/unpopular, but I'm just going by what I think is most likely/cheap. Enough of this chatter, let's get to it:
Idea 1:
Relocate Little Dipper to RC's spot, make a new Go-Kart place where SWAT is, and remove BB. Put a new coaster in the open space.

Idea 2:
Relocate Revolution to RC's spot(or remove Revolution and put in an upgraded version in RC's spot), move games to where the old Revolution spot was, and turn that entire building(plus space behind it) into a dark ride.

Idea 3:
Remove TDK and Superman, restore the Theater, and put in a coaster in the open space.

Idea 4:
Remove Pictorium, Demon, and SWAT, and put in a long coaster(maybe a B&M Giga/Mega coaster w/ airtime by the dozens) in the open space. Maybe put in a flat where the Demon Helix/corkscrews are.

Idea 5:
New flat/small coaster in RC's spot.

Idea 6:
Take out flumes, and put in a better water ride OR a coaster there. RC's spot could be used for station/queue/more elements.

Idea 7:
Remove BB and put anything Great America can that will actually make a profit(Deja Vu? :P ).

Idea 8:
Remove either TDK, Pictorium, or SWAT to make room for a dark ride(leave/add to current buildings and install dark ride inside).

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Ace on November 29th, 2014, 6:27 pm
No images.

3 seems really far fetched. Has the park seen a decrease in attendance since that theater was converted? If not they wont do anything about it.

6 will not happen any time soon. There are too many people high up in the organization who are willing to do anything to preserve the flumes for them to be removed at this time. I am sure somebody will call me out and ask for a quote but I dont have one you will just have to take my written word for it.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby KI2014 on November 30th, 2014, 11:26 am
So I haven't been on here in a while, but I have been watching speculations. Here are my top 4:

(1) Is there anything going into the Sky Trail's place this year? If not, I'm thinking they could use the space for Fright Fest as a haunt, or a new flat in 2016...
(2) Buccaneer Battle may be closed down and my become a new ride or coaster in 2017
(3) A Skyscreamer. There are many place where this could be possible. Ragin' Cajun's spot seems likely...
(4) A dark ride in... Pictorium, SWAT, or another vacant building

A question I have is are SWAT and SWAmp the same thing?
My blood, sweat, and tears:
https://besignsideas.weebly.com
KI2014

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 30th, 2014, 12:06 pm
Yes, SWAT means SouthWest AmphiTheatre, while SWAmp means SouthWest Amp(hitheatre)

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby jmanporty7 on December 4th, 2014, 10:44 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Here are my thoughts. SFGAm has opened a roller coaster every other year since 2008. Considering that's a lot, let alone the last two being top coasters in the park, we shouldn't really expect a coaster in 2016. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if we received a coaster. Call it far fetched, but remember the markers seen around American Eagle in 2013? Roller coasters usually take two years of planning before the coaster is announced and built the fallowing year. So that being said could we see a RMC Iron Horse for American Eagle at the park in 2016? I think it's a long shot, a really long shot, but people say instead of a RMC American Eagle we got Goliath. That can't be true, Goliath already was planned at time. So what could the markers signify? That's my thought.

As for a more realistic approach, I'd like to see a thrill ride come to SFGAm in 2016. I don't expect a tall swing ride, we would have received that already if we were to get one

I cannot see AE get the Iron Horse treatment. It just makes no sense to me. AE doesn't have the layout for a Iron Horse treatment. Either that coaster stays the way it is, or it is torn down and replaced by something else. It just wouldn't make sense for Six Flags to put two RMCs in one park. What's probably the best idea for AE's future is keep on fixing it up until it cant be fixed no more and then replace with a new coaster (maybe an Intamin Pre-Fab Woodie like El Toro at SFGAdv).
jmanporty7

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on December 5th, 2014, 12:41 am
jmanporty7 wrote: I cannot see AE get the Iron Horse treatment. It just makes no sense to me. AE doesn't have the layout for a Iron Horse treatment.

Yah I mean it isn't likely really. And it does seem most RMC's are clamped rides and not an out and back. I just made a inference and it's not a likely one so much, just something to mention I guess.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Muck Finnesota on December 5th, 2014, 10:11 am
jmanporty7 wrote:It just wouldn't make sense for Six Flags to put two RMCs in one park.

Not agreeing one way or the other re Eagle's future, just pointing out that La Ronde decided to add an SLC despite already having the B&M Batman (Namtab in this case), SFNE planted a Vekoma GIB right next to their Vekoma Boomerang, and GAm (supposedly) was nearly the home of 2 B&M Stand-Ups not too long ago, in addition to operating a pair of mouse coasters literally steps away from each other for 5 years.

If Eagle stays the way it is, I think the reason will simply be that they want to have a classic wooden coaster in the lineup, not because of Goliath is next door. Even if they did go the Iron Eagle route, I think keeping the 'out and back racing' aspect of the ride intact would be more than enough to separate the two rides for most people (hell, I think keeping the support structure painted white would be enough to differentiate it for most people even if they knocked it down and built a Goliath clone in it's place).
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby X-Flight2012 on December 6th, 2014, 1:28 pm
Just a far fetched suggestion:

Like a few others said

Maybe Intamin could retrack the eagle with it's pre-fabricated track and then add some dueling twists like El Toro and Rolling Thunder had after the helix.
X-Flight2012

Postby Necropolis on December 8th, 2014, 9:56 pm
Do you really think we will get a new coaster again in 2016? Is the park even making enough to do that?

Do they still use Southwest Amphitheater anymore? I remember they used it for FrightFest, that was it.

If we do get an interactive coaster, I feel like the excitement and hype will die down after the first year or two. I mean the Dark Knight was cool the first year, but I feel like it lost its glory pretty quickly, same with Buccanner Battle, which both I wouldn't mind seeing leave the park.

I've been wanting a Skyscreamer for a few years now, I've never been to a park that has one, but those things look immense. That and/or a new killer water themed ride, which I know it was mentioned that corporate is trying to preserve the flume rides. :roll:
Necropolis

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on December 8th, 2014, 11:22 pm
Necropolis wrote:Do you really think we will get a new coaster again in 2016? Is the park even making enough to do that?

Do they still use Southwest Amphitheater anymore? I remember they used it for FrightFest, that was it.

Yes the park is making enough to do that. Great America is one of the best and well rounded parks in the chain.

I am pretty sure they didn't use Southwest Amphitheatre this year for Fright Fest but they have in years past.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby gottastrata33 on December 12th, 2014, 3:19 am
Just because AE is an out & back layout does not mean RMC couldnt/wouldnt make it a hybrid. Are you not aware of the incredible looking & soon to be "Twisted Colossus"?! with that said, I'd really appreciate AE staying its classic self. A from the ground up steel hybrid RMC would be much more preferred buttttttt yeah...

Another thing that bugs me is so many people thinking that having 2 RMCs in one park is "redundant". Is having two wooden coasters, two B&Ms, two launched coasters etc in one park a bad idea? Not really, cause all of those coasters can vary in experience. Hell, people will never stop complaining that Canada's Wonderland & Carowinds have two way too similar B&M products in their parks. That is of course until they ride them both & realize not only how different they are but how they compliment one another.
RMC has TWO different coaster types a park may purchase. Some will debate with me that both of these are steel but - One is wooden & one is a hybrid(steel). They feel totally different from one another. A park could easily benefit from having each of these products in their lineup. To be honest, with the success of Twisted Colossus at SFMM, I could see them building a "Goliath" down the road. (Though I'm still betting on a wing coaster there).

My point of this conversation is that an RMC hybrid would be fantastic in our park & we, without a doubt would have two of some of the greatest coasters on Earth.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on December 12th, 2014, 6:40 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:It just wouldn't make sense for Six Flags to put two RMCs in one park.

Not agreeing one way or the other re Eagle's future, just pointing out that La Ronde decided to add an SLC despite already having the B&M Batman (Namtab in this case), SFNE planted a Vekoma GIB right next to their Vekoma Boomerang, and GAm (supposedly) was nearly the home of 2 B&M Stand-Ups not too long ago, in addition to operating a pair of mouse coasters literally steps away from each other for 5 years.

If Eagle stays the way it is, I think the reason will simply be that they want to have a classic wooden coaster in the lineup, not because of Goliath is next door. Even if they did go the Iron Eagle route, I think keeping the 'out and back racing' aspect of the ride intact would be more than enough to separate the two rides for most people (hell, I think keeping the support structure painted white would be enough to differentiate it for most people even if they knocked it down and built a Goliath clone in it's place).

Let's not forget, We had 2 Wild Mice coasters within 400 feet of each other.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby goliathaddict on January 20th, 2015, 5:39 pm
Hey Guys! I'm new to these forums so yeah :D
Anyway, we probably won't be, sadly, getting a new coaster for 2016. If we did, I would expect a small gerstlauer family coaster... something like Firechaser Express at Dollywood. Actually, that would be a great fit to the park since we lack a full-circuit launch coaster. I hate to admit it, but I'd be darn surprised if we received any type of thrill oriented ride. We were lucky with X-Flight and Goliath, but reality is starting to set in. What we need is a good family ride... and not something like Dark Knight, cause I said good. :lol:
Dark ride in SWA, as long as it is themed correctly to the location. Something like a Wild West chase type thing where you are riding a horse and can shoot bandits.?
Or a Justice League ride in Dark Knights spot :mrgreen:
goliathaddict

Postby rb1 on January 21st, 2015, 2:48 pm
A giga would be nice firsts in the franchise if SF want to compete with other themeparks they need to add something big a new record breaker :D
rb1

Postby tribar on January 22nd, 2015, 4:28 pm
We don't really need, nor have room for a giga. The parks two biggest needs are a multi looper (7 inversion minimum) or a full circuit launch coaster.
tribar

Postby jmanporty7 on January 22nd, 2015, 6:34 pm
tribar wrote:We don't really need, nor have room for a giga. The parks two biggest needs are a multi looper (7 inversion minimum) or a full circuit launch coaster.

A launch coaster will be the best fit for the park, and we need one so badly.
jmanporty7

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 22nd, 2015, 9:11 pm
Personally I think it's far fetched to receive a coaster in 2016... I mean we've added a coaster to the park ever other year since 2008. Thats a lot believe it or not. And the last two were massive additions. I consider ourselves lucky for the past few years and don't really see a 2016 coaster in our favor. Of course I'd love to see a coaster added, who wouldn't :P
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby onyxhotel08 on January 23rd, 2015, 1:36 am
What we are getting for 2015 is so lame anything else for 2016 is going to be huge.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby anewman35 on January 23rd, 2015, 9:56 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:What we are getting for 2015 is so lame anything else for 2016 is going to be huge.

Or... what we got in 2014 was so huge so that they felt they could get by with something lame in 2015, and then 2016 will start a new cycle with something that could be at any level from "ok" to "really huge"
anewman35

Postby UWW-10 on January 24th, 2015, 11:32 am
onyxhotel08 wrote:What we are getting for 2015 is so lame anything else for 2016 is going to be huge.

A complete refurbishment/refreshment of an area of the park that has been mutilated over the past few years is lame? What else were you expecting the year after a major investment?
UWW-10

Postby Goku1910 on January 24th, 2015, 3:07 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Here are my thoughts. SFGAm has opened a roller coaster every other year since 2008. Considering that's a lot, let alone the last two being top coasters in the park, we shouldn't really expect a coaster in 2016. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if we received a coaster. Call it far fetched, but remember the markers seen around American Eagle in 2013? Roller coasters usually take two years of planning before the coaster is announced and built the fallowing year. So that being said could we see a RMC Iron Horse for American Eagle at the park in 2016? I think it's a long shot, a really long shot, but people say instead of a RMC American Eagle we got Goliath. That can't be true, Goliath already was planned at time. So what could the markers signify? That's my thought.

As for a more realistic approach, I'd like to see a thrill ride come to SFGAm in 2016. I don't expect a tall swing ride, we would have received that already if we were to get one

I cannot see AE get the Iron Horse treatment. It just makes no sense to me. AE doesn't have the layout for a Iron Horse treatment. Either that coaster stays the way it is, or it is torn down and replaced by something else. It just wouldn't make sense for Six Flags to put two RMCs in one park. What's probably the best idea for AE's future is keep on fixing it up until it cant be fixed no more and then replace with a new coaster (maybe an Intamin Pre-Fab Woodie like El Toro at SFGAdv).

I personally do not think that SFGAm will change AE due to gurnee's limitations. As for Demon.....remember these from my Advocate 2014 trip report?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67178604/20140426_150841_Richtone(HDR).jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67178604/20140426_150847_Richtone(HDR).jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67178604/20140426_150854_Richtone(HDR).jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67178604/20140426_150913_Richtone(HDR).jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67178604/20140426_150923_Richtone(HDR).jpg
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby anewman35 on January 24th, 2015, 3:37 pm

Nobody ever has (to my knowledge) figured out exactly what the American Eagle limitations would be, so without knowing that it's hard to know what it would prevent them from doing. As for the Demon markings, didn't somebody come back with some other logical explanation for what they were (more logical than them marking the ground a year and a half early, at least)?
anewman35

Postby Goku1910 on January 24th, 2015, 3:47 pm
Not sure, but pink markers are for surveying. So it can be assumed there's some plan for the area of SWT/Demon. The markers for X-Flight were also pink and I have pictures of the survey crew working inside that area as well.
Goku1910

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 24th, 2015, 3:49 pm
I thought the markers were for pavement fixes.

Guy_With_A_Stick

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum