Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm Coaster Strategy

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Jacklw6499 on July 25th, 2014, 10:54 am
Hello everyone. I didn't see a topic for this so here goes! My cousin is coming from MN and wants to hit up every single coaster in the park in one day (That includes Sprocket Rockets, Little Dipper all the kiddie coasters). We are looking to go on a Monday or Tuesday in August and don't want to purchase a Flash Pass or anything like that. I thought this topic would be nice for anyone who happens to come on this site and only has one day to do all the good stuff and maximize the day that they have at GA! Lines usually aren't as long here and aren't a problem for me because I can go whenever, thanks to my season pass, but other people such as my cousin don't get that opportunity to go as much. So, please reply to this, I would really appreciate all of your guys strategies! :D
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 25th, 2014, 12:11 pm
Start in the back by Goliath, then hit AE, X Flight, go to SWT, do everything there, head out of SWT by Viper exit, hit up on Demon, eat at either your car or the County Fair Food Court. After that, head to Whizzer, then go to Orleans Place, ride stuff there, then go up through Mardi Gras, ride Batman, V2, Little Dipper, and end your day with Camp Cartoon. Squeeze in some flats as well, like King Chaos, Giant Drop, Condor, Revolution, Fiddler's Fling, etc.

As for water rides, if you want a gentle wetting, Logger's Run. If you want to get soaked, BB has literally no line. Ever. But Roaring Rapids is better.

Have fun!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Galvan on July 25th, 2014, 3:33 pm
I would start with BTR and V2, Hit Dipper and Spacely's then head to Goliath, Eagle and X-Flight.

From XFlight id hit up Bull and Viper... Followed by Demon, and Whizzer. End at SUF and TDK.
Galvan

Postby Jacklw6499 on July 25th, 2014, 4:00 pm
Galvan wrote:I would start with BTR and V2, Hit Dipper and Spacely's then head to Goliath, Eagle and X-Flight.

From XFlight id hit up Bull and Viper... Followed by Demon, and Whizzer. End at SUF and TDK.

When is Goliaths line usually the shortest? Or is it too hard to tell. From my experience early or mid day was when it was shorter than normal.
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Jacklw6499 on July 25th, 2014, 4:01 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Start in the back by Goliath, then hit AE, X Flight, go to SWT, do everything there, head out of SWT by Viper exit, hit up on Demon, eat at either your car or the County Fair Food Court. After that, head to Whizzer, then go to Orleans Place, ride stuff there, then go up through Mardi Gras, ride Batman, V2, Little Dipper, and end your day with Camp Cartoon. Squeeze in some flats as well, like King Chaos, Giant Drop, Condor, Revolution, Fiddler's Fling, etc.

As for water rides, if you want a gentle wetting, Logger's Run. If you want to get soaked, BB has literally no line. Ever. But Roaring Rapids is better.

Have fun!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I've actually never been on BB before.... Maybe it will be a good time to try it out! Thanks for your reply!

Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Galvan on July 25th, 2014, 4:06 pm
If you Ride BTR, V2, Dipper and Spacely's first. assuming you got to the park right at open, you'll be right at 11am or so.
Galvan

Postby Superman on July 25th, 2014, 4:29 pm
If you can stay late; you could skip Goliath, ride everything else, then get in line at the end of the night.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby Brewersdawg828 on July 25th, 2014, 10:30 pm
Superman wrote:If you can stay late; you could skip Goliath, ride everything else, then get in line at the end of the night.

I'd do this just because goliath is amazing at night
Brewersdawg828

Postby X-Flight2012 on July 25th, 2014, 10:34 pm
1. Goliath
2. Raging Bull
3. Viper
4. Superman
5. Batman
6. X-Flight
7. V2
X-Flight2012

Postby RollingCoasting on November 7th, 2016, 1:48 am
My strategy is usually very scrambled, but this is generally my schedule (Minus food/breaks) on a regular summer day:

1. Start at Viper
2. Hit up Raging Bull or American Eagle
3. If Raging Bull was 2, then American Eagle. If American Eagle was 2, re-ride it or do a bunch of flat rides.
4. Either X-Flight or Goliath, skip Goliath if the SRL is around the 1st corner in the station
5. If X-Flight was 4, Walk straight past Demon, and either go on Buccaneer Battle or do flats again for an hour. If Goliath, ride Fiddler's Fling.
6. If Flats, either go back to Raging Bull or Viper. If Fiddler's, head towards the front of the park and ride Logger's Run, maybe Batman and V2 (Whichever has a shorter line, if either), and some flats in Yankee Harbor/Mardi Gras.
7. Either way, go to Orleans Place and ride Superman, Condor, Rue Le Dodge, and TDK if it has a short line. (I usually finish Orleans Park on almost every summer visit)
8. Go home or do flats for another hour, maybe hit up Viper and Raging Bull once more along with Whizzer on the way out

Of course a few flats are thrown around in there, and this is not ALWAYS what I do, it's just what I find myself doing most often.
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 7th, 2016, 2:26 am
I usually start by filling my cup at the HTS Coke Freestyle, then proceed to pace back and forth between Southwest Territory, County Fair, Yukon, and Yankee Harbor, riding whatever I feel like. Most of the time, I ride Viper and Giant Drop. I also ride either X Flight or Goliath, depending on the line. I do Batman on occasion, as I do V2. I do Eagle around 3 or 4 times a month. I do a few flats, but mostly just stick to walking around and riding coasters.

Never really go into Orleans Place except for Rue le Dodge, and only go into Mardi Gras for a good view on Joker Construction. Now once Joker is done, I'll have a literal wall that tells me where I turn back. :P

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum