Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2 Years Later: Your Thoughts on X-Flight

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby BBH on June 9th, 2014, 7:56 pm
X-Flight's entering its third operating season, and people's opinions on it vary widely. What do you think of the ride?

I personally still think that it's the best front seat ride in the park, however it lost my #1 spot at the park to Viper because I got the trademark third-year B&M rattle in the middle of the train through the inline and final helix. Has anybody else experienced this or something similar or do you think that the ride is still the smoothest in the park no matter where you sit?
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby [jonrev] on June 9th, 2014, 8:17 pm
I noticed a rattle before the inline, but it doesnt really bother me.
[jonrev]

Postby Goku1910 on June 9th, 2014, 10:07 pm
X-Flight remains my favorite B&M. Even if it does drop from the op spot somewhere down the line it will always hold a special place among other B&M's.

Rode it 56 times in 2012 and it's still amazing.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Coaster Justin on June 9th, 2014, 10:38 pm
Tad rattle-y but butter-smooth compared to Ednor at La Ronde.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby untalented893 on June 9th, 2014, 11:07 pm
I was never a fan of X-flight. I thought it was boring and slow. I rode it in the front seat this year, and maybe it's because my expectations were low this year, but I actually quite enjoyed it in the front. Though American Eagle front row is by far my favorite ride in the park
untalented893

Postby Sporlo on June 9th, 2014, 11:24 pm
My first impression was not great, not terrible. Then it dropped a bit, but as of this year I probably rate it better than when I first rode it. It certainly has gotten jittery in certain spots, but it continues to impress me each time I ride it. Perhaps it's because I underrate it that I like it. In fact, my enjoyment of rides often results from subpar expectations.
Sporlo

Postby coasterlove on June 10th, 2014, 12:45 am
I enjoy the ride quite a bit. The only thing that really disappoints me as do many SFGAm coasters is the length of them. So many of their rides are fairly short. They never seem to want to push the boundaries when they get a B&M coaster (minus Raging Bull) as they're always about 50-55mph, 100-120 feet tall and about 3,000 feet or less track. What is there though I think is awesome.
coasterlove

Postby Chitown on June 10th, 2014, 9:08 am
Only rode it once back in summer of 2012. I enjoyed it. I was hoping to hit the left side but we didn't have time to wait to ride. Regardless of what the critics say, it is a winner and a great addition to the lineup of the park. I am glad it is there. With IW and Ragin Cajun gone along with Goliath about to open, the park really has no bad coasters.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby skibum101184 on June 10th, 2014, 9:29 am
I think it's still a great ride, but she does have a bit of a rattle to her now, but I'm not too worried about that. And as for some of the B&M's being 'short' at SFGAm, think of it this way, most the short B&M's have always been a worlds first for them or close to it. Iron Wolf, first B&M ever....Batman, first B&M Invert...X-Flight, one of three B&M Wing Riders in the country.

And for being over 20 years old, being a 'worlds first' and for being 'short', I still think Batman packs quite a punch.
skibum101184

Postby Muck Finnesota on June 10th, 2014, 10:32 am
I think it's an enjoyable ride for the most part. Any rattling it might have doesn't bother me in the least. I've ridden it only a handful of times (10 or so), but the line has always moved at a nice pace. I like that there are traces of some forces in the finale, and I really thought that the elongated inline twist through the structure was being over-hyped before I got around to riding it; it was surprisingly fun. It's not a ride that I would write home about or run to if I wanted to be thrilled, but it was the best addition to the park since V2 and Deja Vu by light years.
Of the B&Ms at the park-
1) Batman The Ride
2) Raging Bull
3) X-Flight
F-) suf

Sent from my Laptop using Keyboard
Last edited by Muck Finnesota on June 11th, 2014, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 10th, 2014, 11:27 am
I actually love this ride! Front is great and you really feel like your feet are going to hit some of the supports through the inversions...and the Keyhole is the best in the front! I may get some fallback for this but I like X-Flight way more than Gatekeeper! Sure it has the speed but to me the inversions are to far apart from each other and it's more drawn out. X-Flight is non stop until the end. Prolly my 2nd favorite coaster at the park!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby Foltzy on June 10th, 2014, 4:25 pm
I love this ride, More than when I first rode it. I was disappointed at the length first couple times I rode it but now, knowing that it is a shorter coaster, riding in the front row is amazing!
Foltzy

Postby Bob O on June 10th, 2014, 6:39 pm
It is a OK ride, nothing special or worth more than a 15 minute wait to ride. It has no elements that stand out as exciting. A OK edition to the park, but a B & M dive coaster would have been a much better addition to the park.
Bob O

Postby untalented893 on June 10th, 2014, 7:22 pm
Bob O wrote:A OK edition to the park, but a B & M dive coaster would have been a much better addition to the park.

Especially if they took out BB and had it dive under the pathway
untalented893

Postby CoasterCale on June 10th, 2014, 9:55 pm
It's definitely gotten more shaky this year. Just brace. Unless it's a wooden coaster, usually putting your head against the headrest like the tracks and signs say to do will help. Right Wing, Front Row, Outside row is still the best. So much hangtime while waiting for the rest of the train to catch up on the lift. If the wait's too long, back row, outside seat is also a good alternative.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby jackparanoia on June 11th, 2014, 9:39 am
It's too old now. Tear it down
jackparanoia

Postby untalented893 on June 11th, 2014, 9:52 am
jackparanoia wrote:It's too old now. Tear it down

Send it to Six Flags America
untalented893

Postby jackparanoia on June 11th, 2014, 9:56 am
untalented893 wrote:
jackparanoia wrote:It's too old now. Tear it down

Send it to Six Flags America

Might even open before Ragin Cajun does if they start the move today.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
jackparanoia

Postby Tardis1972 on June 11th, 2014, 10:06 am
I've been to SFGAm twice and I haven't notice any rattles on X-Flight. I find it to be one of the smoothest coasters in the park.
Tardis1972

Postby Goku1910 on June 11th, 2014, 12:57 pm
Bob O wrote:It is a OK ride, nothing special or worth more than a 15 minute wait to ride. It has no elements that stand out as exciting. A OK edition to the park, but a B & M dive coaster would have been a much better addition to the park.

Just...No. Too expensive, too much gimmick.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Ace on June 11th, 2014, 8:35 pm
Bob O wrote:It is a OK ride, nothing special or worth more than a 15 minute wait to ride. It has no elements that stand out as exciting. A OK edition to the park, but a B & M dive coaster would have been a much better addition to the park.

I like Sheikra but I like X-Flight a lot more. Not to say that a dive coaster would have been a bad addition, but I think we got a much better roller coaster with X-Flight. It easily made my top 5.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby x-flight on June 11th, 2014, 8:44 pm
I honestly think it was an over hyped ride nothing about this ride really thrills me at all.. I was ducked into the hype not really a fan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
x-flight

Postby DeathbyDinn on June 11th, 2014, 9:35 pm
I think it's good, not great. I'm not one of the wing coaster haters, but I don't think it's the most amazing thing ever either. I do think that if they fixed the restraints so they don't choke you to death I would rate the ride a lot higher. Fixing the water effects wouldn't hurt either..
DeathbyDinn

Postby DeathbyDinn on June 11th, 2014, 9:35 pm
I think it's good, not great. I'm not one of the wing coaster haters, but I don't think it's the most amazing thing ever either. I do think that if they fixed the restraints so they don't choke you to death I would rate the ride a lot higher. Fixing the water effects wouldn't hurt either..
DeathbyDinn

Postby coasterfanatic on June 13th, 2014, 1:38 am
I like X Flight! I think it is a great addition to the park and definitely was much needed after nearly 10 years without a new coaster. The ride was not as intense as I thought it was going to be but that doesn't really bother me now! I love the uniqueness of the ride and the inverted first drop is still one of my favorite elements on any coaster (that could change with Goliath). I wouldn't rank it number one becuase I still love AE, Viper and Bull but it definitely is worth it I think. If it was slightly more intense, and if they would fix the water jets and fog element, it would be perfect then!
coasterfanatic

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum