Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JimPanky on January 27th, 2014, 11:20 pm
i didnt say it there but i said somewhere else it would require a different system for the rotation. This would be future technology that isnt around yet. Some kind of computerized system for randomness and then it would have to bea a system contained on the train. It seems pretty unrealistic now but technology is constantly moving forward where we are able to do more with smaller and smaller systems and parts. Could be a possibility in the distant future.

(I know how X2 works)
Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby tribar on January 29th, 2014, 5:26 pm
X-Flight2012 wrote:Here is my wish list:

1. Remove the Go Karts. They are a big eyesore and have no vegetation around them. Plus, the whole area is too loud and it smells like gasoline. They should add a Screaming Swing there possibly.

2. Alter the train tracks, move Hurricane Harbors entrance and build maybe a Gerstlauer Eurofighter in the area to the right of the Whizzer.It would be a great coaster as a ride like this would fit good with the park's lineup. Hopefully, it will be taller than most of the park's thrill coasters, 100 - 120 feet and feature some new loops for the park like a cobra roll.

3. Renovate Hurricane Harbor. Even though I think Hurricane Harbor is quite developed for Six Flags waterparks like new technology on slides in the last few years, it could be better. I would like to see a Constrictor slide from Whitewater West added to the Riptide Bay structure, and a Hydro Magnetic Rocket water coaster from Proslide.

4. Refurbish Demon. Every time I go on Demon, I get a bad headache, and the ride is very short. Sometimes, I try standing up the best I can to try to get my head above the head restraints. I think B & M should maybe start retracking arrow coasters with cars that resemble the old Demon ones. Also, they can add some new loops and make the ride way funner.

5. Add an Intamin of B & M giga coaster. This type of coaster would go good with a station between The Dark Knight, and Roaring Rapids. It could go up it's lift hill alongside the side of the lake by the parking lot and do a turnaround over the road to the park.

6. Take out Buccaneer Battle's extended wait area and add a new thrilling flat ride.

Euro fighters are low capacity and age horribly. No thanks
tribar

Postby FParker185 on January 30th, 2014, 6:04 am
Eurofighters have the capacity that the park is willing to pay for, and how they age depend entirely on the park and how they maintain it. I.E. SF Eurofighters are going to suck fast and have low capacity :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby tribar on January 30th, 2014, 1:09 pm
FParker185 wrote:Eurofighters have the capacity that the park is willing to pay for, and how they age depend entirely on the park and how they maintain it. I.E. SF Eurofighters are going to suck fast and have low capacity :)

Exactly why we don't need one
tribar

Postby Coaster Justin on January 30th, 2014, 2:59 pm
I'd like to see

Re-theme of Camp Cartoon into a Bugs Bunny themed area. Remove Wilderness Theater and expand it that way.
Return of Glow in the Park Parade
Interactive Dark Ride
Season Passholder Entrance
Hurricane Harbor Extended Hours (At least back to 7pm)
Always Allow Adults on Up, Up and Away
Always have the waterfall before the tunnel on, on Roaring Rapids
Add a Proslide Hydro Magnetic Slide
Add a Giant Ferris Wheel like this http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amuseme ... fault.aspx
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby aaron60060 on February 10th, 2014, 4:16 pm
2013 was my first year back at SF since I was a teenager(now 33). My girlfriend and I went between 2-4 times per week, so I suppose we'd be heavy users, and there was ALOT we liked and some we didn't. These are what we'd love to see for 2014! Questions and comments are highly welcomed!

Food:

1. Continuation of the meal plan from 2013, however some changes are needed. For an additional charge, you should be able to upgrade to any item that is off plan. Some of this was implemented during the season, but it was spotty and not implemented with all items.
2. Additional healthy options. The Cyber Café has some good choices, but outside of those, it's slim pickins.
3. If an item is available in one location on the meal pass, it should be available in all restaurants. The southwest chicken salad at JB's was given to us on meal pass several times by a manager, but most of the time we were told we couldn't get it, despite the Chicken Caesar being offered elsewhere on plan. Either include it, or have a fee we can pay, we'll do it!
4. Fix the food at Aunt Martha's especially. There were numerous occasions where the fried chicken was cold, and dried to the point where it was actually pretty funny, though the excellent staff always helped us out.

Rules / Enforcement
1. Anyone caught sitting in the parking lot in fold out chairs is automatically permbanned from the park. I've seen this signage stating to use the designated picnic tables etc. I've also seen the signs for grilling, and this should apply to them as well. In this area, we witenessed no enforcement whatsoever.
2. Actual employees policing line jumping. If it is seen, the patron is automatically ejected. We noticed a lot of people who thought it was OK to leave the line, then come back in "because XXXX". This makes people who follow the rules really pissed. We never once saw an employee do something about this behavior, let alone someone pretending that they were watching for it.

Park Staff:
1. The only negative we had with park staff was that many of them can't answer questions that are beyond the scope of their jobs, which is somewhat understandable, yet horribly frustrating when you're looking for answers. Consistent answers across the board would be the only thing they should shoot for. I do hope their employees this year are as hardworking and pleasant as we found them to be last year, it was a really nice surprise.

Hours:
1. The park needs to be open later more frequently. I understand in September a lot of their workforce goes back to school, but during the summer I see little reason the park shouldn't be open later on a regular basis, as there are TONS of customers. I suspect they will toy with this if the $$$ makes any kind of sense. Hurricane Harbor should also be open later, however we only visited the waterpark twice last year.
2. Coasters after dark was AWESOME. Give us at least one per month, we had the time of our lives.

Special Events:
1. We thoroughly enjoyed the Mardi Gras celebration, as well as the 4th of July Celebration last year. We thought the extra attention to detail, special food offerings and goings on(including the beads) was a really fun and different thing. More of this please!

Rides:
1. Please fix the waterfall at the edge of the cave on Roaring Rapids, it wasn't on all year, and I heard it might be permanently gone / off due to a cave collapse at a Georgia SF location. Also, the bucket on Bucanneer Bay was on at the beginning of the season, then was promptly turned off for the rest of the year.
2. Theming is SUPER important. X-Flight offers THE premier theming in the park, with it's awesome theme music being played outside the ride gift shop, as well as on the actual ride. Super epic. It feels like an experience, not just a ride, even while you're waiting! On that note, All rides should have this type of attention paid, from music, to the decorations / theming in the queue for the ride. Raging Bull in particular comes to mind, as there is no music, and although they have outstanding lighting, there is nothing over the roof of the main queue area, like some brambles or something. More of the creativity that is seen on GCR, Batman and X-Flight would be appreciated.
3. Paint, but please, this is the very last thing on my agenda.

Last year, I had an incredible amount of fun, and I know my girlfriend did as well. This year, we're planning on going just as much, plus we're bringing more friends, now that we have the lay of the land down.
aaron60060

Postby Sporlo on February 10th, 2014, 8:26 pm
I wish I had a million dollars.
Sporlo

Postby FParker185 on February 10th, 2014, 9:15 pm
eh, Million bucks doesn't go far at all
FParker185

Postby JimPanky on February 11th, 2014, 4:51 pm
Ok, if you ever get a Million send it my way then.
JimPanky

Postby jmkittyfire on February 11th, 2014, 5:39 pm
my wish is the Return of the stunt shows
jmkittyfire

Postby JimPanky on February 11th, 2014, 8:24 pm
I totally agree!

JimPanky

Postby FParker185 on February 12th, 2014, 5:22 pm
got the first part down, however I'm not a believer in charitable activities :)
FParker185

Postby Radical-Illusion on February 12th, 2014, 6:12 pm
Seeing as the release of Goliath, this is what I would love to see done with the park!

-Although New rides and attractions are nice, what would be even better is if they spend the funding one year to do rehabs of many areas of the park. Like In Yukon there is Clam Jumpers. that place is a wreck and could definitely use some sort of extensive rehab. Also, cant go wrong with painting rides that need it. (AE, BTR, V2, ect)

-Since Ragin Cagin' left, and most of Mardi Gras is kiddie rides anyway, I thing it would be a great idea to re-theme and relocate King Chaos to somewhere in Yukon (Which is lacking rides anyway). The only place that would be able to fit it is the boardwalk behind Clam Jumpers, and Toy Barn. Then re-theme Big Easy Balloons, and JWR to something Looney Tunes and make "Bugs Bunny's Boom Town" like what other parks are getting this year.

-Southwest Amphitheater hardly gets used, and there is a ton of space over there to work with. They would be able to fit in a interactive shooter dark ride in that area and still have room for something else.

-Not sure if its just me or not, However since HT has been remodeled, it looks to naked. They should return it to how it was, and bring the gazebo back!

Any thoughts?
When you get to the top, and you hear that click, you better hang on, because your coming down quick!
Radical-Illusion

Postby Viper 88 on February 13th, 2014, 7:10 am
[quote="aaron60060"]2013 was my first year back at SF since I was a teenager(now 33). My girlfriend and I went between 2-4 times per week, so I suppose we'd be heavy users, and there was ALOT we liked and some we didn't. These are what we'd love to see for 2014! Questions and comments are highly welcomed!

Food:

1. Continuation of the meal plan from 2013, however some changes are needed. For an additional charge, you should be able to upgrade to any item that is off plan. Some of this was implemented during the season, but it was spotty and not implemented with all items.
2. Additional healthy options. The Cyber Café has some good choices, but outside of those, it's slim pickins.
3. If an item is available in one location on the meal pass, it should be available in all restaurants. The southwest chicken salad at JB's was given to us on meal pass several times by a manager, but most of the time we were told we couldn't get it, despite the Chicken Caesar being offered elsewhere on plan. Either include it, or have a fee we can pay, we'll do it!
4. Fix the food at Aunt Martha's especially. There were numerous occasions where the fried chicken was cold, and dried to the point where it was actually pretty funny, though the excellent staff always helped us out.

Rules / Enforcement
1. Anyone caught sitting in the parking lot in fold out chairs is automatically permbanned from the park. I've seen this signage stating to use the designated picnic tables etc. I've also seen the signs for grilling, and this should apply to them as well. In this area, we witenessed no enforcement whatsoever.
2. Actual employees policing line jumping. If it is seen, the patron is automatically ejected. We noticed a lot of people who thought it was OK to leave the line, then come back in "because XXXX". This makes people who follow the rules really pissed. We never once saw an employee do something about this behavior, let alone someone pretending that they were watching for it.

Park Staff:
1. The only negative we had with park staff was that many of them can't answer questions that are beyond the scope of their jobs, which is somewhat understandable, yet horribly frustrating when you're looking for answers. Consistent answers across the board would be the only thing they should shoot for. I do hope their employees this year are as hardworking and pleasant as we found them to be last year, it was a really nice surprise.

Hours:
1. The park needs to be open later more frequently. I understand in September a lot of their workforce goes back to school, but during the summer I see little reason the park shouldn't be open later on a regular basis, as there are TONS of customers. I suspect they will toy with this if the $$$ makes any kind of sense. Hurricane Harbor should also be open later, however we only visited the waterpark twice last year.
2. Coasters after dark was AWESOME. Give us at least one per month, we had the time of our lives.

Special Events:
1. We thoroughly enjoyed the Mardi Gras celebration, as well as the 4th of July Celebration last year. We thought the extra attention to detail, special food offerings and goings on(including the beads) was a really fun and different thing. More of this please!

Rides:
1. Please fix the waterfall at the edge of the cave on Roaring Rapids, it wasn't on all year, and I heard it might be permanently gone / off due to a cave collapse at a Georgia SF location. Also, the bucket on Bucanneer Bay was on at the beginning of the season, then was promptly turned off for the rest of the year.
2. Theming is SUPER important. X-Flight offers THE premier theming in the park, with it's awesome theme music being played outside the ride gift shop, as well as on the actual ride. Super epic. It feels like an experience, not just a ride, even while you're waiting! On that note, All rides should have this type of attention paid, from music, to the decorations / theming in the queue for the ride. Raging Bull in particular comes to mind, as there is no music, and although they have outstanding lighting, there is nothing over the roof of the main queue area, like some brambles or something. More of the creativity that is seen on GCR, Batman and X-Flight would be appreciated.
3. Paint, but please, this is the very last thing on my agenda.

Ok now I agree with most of what you are saying. Make food choices available at all places, in depth themeing, special events not just concerts that people couldnt care less about, Water fall on RR I will also go further and say DEMON (there are barriers they could put in to fix the corrosion problem etc), later hours especially during the middle of June throughout July, Definately PAINT, standardized answers, and rule enforcement esp. line jumpers (I have taken matters about this into my own hands and have my own way for dealing with them). What I absolutely disagree with is banning anyone in folding chairs. There are times I have gone and people were waiting to use the tables and chairs. Not to mention people are filthy slobs especially when they eat and especially kids!! We never leave a mess, never leave food for the birds, and are so close to the car that we could literaly eat in the trunk. Not to mention that there are a serious lack of table areas this is especially true if you park in Robin 56 or as I like to call it Key Lime Cove Adjacent. The neat conscientious people should not be punished for a fool's stupidity, not to mention that even if park employees policed the tables and asked them to clear their garbage all they would be met with is no speak English which seems to be standard practice now a days. Not to mention the other things I have seem going on on those tables: puke puddles, diaper changing, dirty diapers left there with oh so yummy flies buzzing around like a carcass in the desert. If they really wanted to crack down kick people out for bringing alcohol into the parking lot, there have been times we have left at 11 and that parking lot looked like a frat house front yard.
Viper 88

Postby JimPanky on February 13th, 2014, 12:59 pm
Holy crap thats a huge post the quote itself was huge and the response was large as well.

JimPanky

Postby Viper 88 on February 14th, 2014, 10:59 am
U have any idea how hard it is to edit on an Xbox360? It takes forever.
Viper 88

Postby JimPanky on March 27th, 2014, 1:06 pm
I see a lot of future thinking posts lately. Feel free to post your full future wish list for the park here.
JimPanky

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on March 27th, 2014, 4:55 pm
I agree with what has all been said here so far. The few things I'd like to see are, reduce the cost of many of the things at the park by at least $10. Have new souviners at the park's shops. I would like to see Screams and Dreams 1-3 on DVD. Have the park open at 10am again. Run AE: Blue backwards again, along with BTR and Viper.
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby JimPanky on March 27th, 2014, 6:49 pm
goliath isnt cheap. you wont see more hours (more cost), lower prices (youll see higher), or backwards coasters.

JimPanky

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
JimPanky wrote:goliath isnt cheap. you wont see more hours (more cost), lower prices (youll see higher), or backwards coasters.

Well let's see our past few years. In 2011, we get 5 slides, a pool, a SurfRider, and a bunch of other minor things, and AE Blue backwards. In 2012, we get(in my opinion) one of the best B&M wing riders, and AE Blue backwards. In 2013, we get a giant 100-foot tower with some projectors and other nifty electronics, and BTR, Viper, and AE Blue backwards. This year, we're getting a kick-butt RMC woodie. Great America has made some pretty big(expensive) projects lately, so it seems that they have quite a bit of money on their hands. It won't hurt to run a few trains backwards, or even lower a few prices. Besides, Hurricane Harbor is already getting a $5 fee for non-passholders. Only time can tell.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Jacklw6499 on March 27th, 2014, 8:06 pm
Does anyone think an RMC Iron Horse on one side of Eagle could happen? It's been discussed before, but honestly I don't think it would be ideal considering we are getting Goliath right now and that American Eagle is a classic. Just throwing it out there.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby JimPanky on March 27th, 2014, 8:21 pm
I dont think rmc treatment on ae is necessary. I like ae as is and were getting goliath. Prices are going up whether you think they should or not.

JimPanky

Postby Jacklw6499 on March 27th, 2014, 8:45 pm
JimPanky wrote:I dont think rmc treatment on ae is necessary. I like ae as is and were getting goliath. Prices are going up whether you think they should or not.

True. By the way. How much did Goliath cost?
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Viper 88 on March 28th, 2014, 10:05 am
Ace wrote:Giving a major overhaul to Aunt Martha's, Mooseburger, and Angelo's so that they have high quality food for a nice sit down experience.

Thank You its nice to see someone else wanting the fast food out and real food brought back in!
Viper 88

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 28th, 2014, 1:21 pm
This is my wish list:

1) Put something in RC's spot. A lot of us here don't want "Empty stone lot and old pipes: The Ride" or "Extreme Seating". So hopefully Six Flags will get to replacing RC a lot quicker than IW or SWF. Hopefully a nice flat or a Disko.

2) New Paint Jobs. AE, V2, BTR, Superman, even Demon could use a new coat of black in places.

3) Upgrade the food. Last time I went to Aunt Marthas, I got cold, tasteless chicken. Great America should take the liberty and upgrade the food. Season the food, give us slices of pizza, not half of one, and if we don't want a side, don't give us a side! What if someone is on a diet, and can only eat X ounces of food an hour?

4) Add a dark ride. Probably in SWT, themed to a ghost town. A shooting one would be nice.

5) Youkon Territory. Either re-theme it, or add more rides. The best ride here is Logger's Run. LOGGER'S RUN(Not that I hate it or anything)! Take out the Go-Karts and add a nice coaster. Maybe an "Ultra-Inverter" like the Smiler or something with lots of inversions(The most inversions on a coaster at Great America is tied between X-Flight and BTR with 5. Kinda sad).

6) Screams and Dreams on DVD. This movie made me nearly cry of nostalgia. I don't care if it didn't win an Oscar, this was one of the best Mini-Series I've ever seen. PLEASE put them on DVD!

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum