Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Wisco Woody on October 1st, 2016, 10:52 am
Valravn is absolutely pointless and tame, especially since CP has both Gatekeeper, a modern B&M less forceful vest restraint coaster, and Millennium Force, a fast coaster with a steep drop. Likewise a dive coaster would be completely pointless and tame at Great America, as we already have X-Flight, a modern B&M less forceful vest restraint coaster, and Goliath, a fast coaster with a steep drop. Seriously, I rode every row on Valravn and it is not thrilling or forceful at all, it is quite slow paced. Gatekeeper and X-flight in the back row are twice as forceful as any moment in any seat on Valravn. No f**ing B&M dive coasters!
Wisco Woody

Postby staticshadows on October 1st, 2016, 11:48 am
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Mean Streaker on October 1st, 2016, 4:05 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:How about a Dive Coaster by B&M of course that has the following criteria:

* 5000 ft long
* 8 inversions (1 more than Shock Wave)
* gets up to 90 mph
* has amazing airtime
* 305 feet tall

Did I miss anything?

You forgot a launch
Mean Streaker

Postby Mean Streaker on October 1st, 2016, 4:09 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Valravn is absolutely pointless and tame, especially since CP has both Gatekeeper, a modern B&M less forceful vest restraint coaster, and Millennium Force, a fast coaster with a steep drop. Likewise a dive coaster would be completely pointless and tame at Great America, as we already have X-Flight, a modern B&M less forceful vest restraint coaster, and Goliath, a fast coaster with a steep drop. Seriously, I rode every row on Valravn and it is not thrilling or forceful at all, it is quite slow paced. Gatekeeper and X-flight in the back row are twice as forceful as any moment in any seat on Valravn. No f**ing B&M dive coasters!

I agree with you but CP is running out of B&M models to build. And they don't seem to want to work with any other manufacturers lately.

Although our park might not need a dive coaster it would still be a good fit for the park. Just like the 4D.
Mean Streaker

Postby RollingCoasting on October 1st, 2016, 5:09 pm
Not going to lie, I agree with Wisco Woody here

The only reason(s) I can imagine people not wanting a Wing Coaster are:

- X-Flight killed County Fair (in my opinion, but I still love the ride though)
- We were supposed to get a Stand-Up (I guess this one's kind of opinionated too)
- They wanted a launched coaster
- Wing Coasters aren't that forceful

Still

Wing Coaster >>>>> Dive Coasters
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on October 1st, 2016, 7:11 pm
They really shouldn't add anymore B&M coasters unless they are going to add a B&M giga, launched megalooper/floorless like Hulk, or the debut of a new alternate position coaster like Batman was in 92. X-Flight was a fantastic addition, far better than Iron Wolf or Chang/Green Lantern, that the park absolutely needed to end a 9 year major coaster drought. The theme didn't matter at that point, besides County Fair has no consistent theme so it fit perfectly fine. A dive coaster would do absolutely nothing that other coasters in the park don't already do besides holding the riders briefly before releasing. Besides X-Flight in the front rows, all major thrill coasters added since Batman have emphasized G force and a certain level of either intensity or fast pacing, and I'd prefer that would remain the focus of future major additions.
Wisco Woody

Postby jmanporty7 on October 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
We need a launch coaster over any other coaster type out there. Premier or Mack, with a 150 ft tall loop and 1 or 2 more inversions. Multi- launch too to make it longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby RollingCoasting on October 1st, 2016, 7:43 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:The theme didn't matter at that point, besides County Fair has no consistent theme so it fit perfectly fine.

I didn't mean the theme of the coaster, I meant that smacking a (Modern Looking) coaster smack in the middle of County Fair killed it's original vibe (For me at least)

2010 County Fair:
Great American Raceway
Games Gallery
Boats
Iron Wolf
Attitudes?

2012 County Fair:
X-Flight
X-Gear
RollingCoasting

Postby X-Flight2012 on October 1st, 2016, 10:49 pm
My stance on dive coasters are that they are good for bigger parks. It was a good addition for Cedar Point (should have gotten a GCI though), and it is nice for Liseberg (fits terrain, fits will with Helix and Balder)...

But parks like current Six Flags Great America that already has a wing coaster (great fit for the park) does not need a coaster similar.

After we get a full circuit launch coaster, and another good family coaster, and possibly another airtime machine, then it would be a cool addition to our park

I just don't think we currently need it
X-Flight2012

Postby RollingCoasting on October 1st, 2016, 10:51 pm
X-Flight2012 wrote:and possibly another airtime machine

Can you write this again, but in English this time? (I can't read whatever language that is)
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 3rd, 2016, 12:01 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:They really shouldn't add anymore B&M coasters unless they are going to add a B&M giga, launched megalooper/floorless like Hulk, or the debut of a new alternate position coaster like Batman was in 92. X-Flight was a fantastic addition, far better than Iron Wolf or Chang/Green Lantern, that the park absolutely needed to end a 9 year major coaster drought. The theme didn't matter at that point, besides County Fair has no consistent theme so it fit perfectly fine. A dive coaster would do absolutely nothing that other coasters in the park don't already do besides holding the riders briefly before releasing. Besides X-Flight in the front rows, all major thrill coasters added since Batman have emphasized G force and a certain level of either intensity or fast pacing, and I'd prefer that would remain the focus of future major additions.

You said "X-Flight was a fantastic addition" ?? DId I read that right?? But I also thought you complain that it's forceless and has made people "soft"?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 5th, 2016, 1:12 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:How about a Dive Coaster by B&M of course that has the following criteria:

* 5000 ft long
* 8 inversions (1 more than Shock Wave)
* gets up to 90 mph
* has amazing airtime
* 305 feet tall

Did I miss anything?

You forgot a launch

I've been thinking about this more and this coaster would go perfectly in space vacated by the flumes and V2! As for a name, TIdal Wave would be perfect! I really do miss that ride........

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 5th, 2016, 9:38 pm
I think the best candidate for the name Tidal Wave would be a Mack Power Splash(look up Pulsar at Walibi Belgium) in V2's spot. The name fits the ride type, it fills the gap left by V2, it's not too far from the original Tidal Wave location, it has a similar blueprint, so the flumes won't need to go, 2 train operations, is a LOT more reliable, gives some pretty strong airtime from what reports say, and would also give us another water ride(which is another reason for SF to remove BB! :P ). It's quite literally the perfect replacement.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on October 5th, 2016, 9:45 pm
Or maybe Aquaman Splashdown?

I'd honestly be okay with Yankee Harbor officially being DC Themed if V2 was removed, as long as the harbor theme stays as well. "Gotham City Harbor" would be a pretty nice name, they could make the water look dirty to resemble a sewer.
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on October 6th, 2016, 2:19 am
I think a pulsar would be a great fit for our park. But I'm not for removing V2 for it. I think we should pull a Worlds of Fun/Holiday World by building the water coaster alongside the water park but in the theme park. People in the water park can ride, people in the theme park can ride. No need to change clothes to experience the thrill - Two entrances merge together no different than having a crowd control at XFlight dividing sides. Call the ride as mentioned Aquaman (he deserves more credit). It strengthens the partnership between DC & Six Flags & also cleverly merges the two great parks together.
gottastrata33

Postby great america fan on October 6th, 2016, 10:32 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Or maybe Aquaman Splashdown?

I'd honestly be okay with Yankee Harbor officially being DC Themed if V2 was removed, as long as the harbor theme stays as well. "Gotham City Harbor" would be a pretty nice name, they could make the water look dirty to resemble a sewer.

I can't see them renaming Yankee harbor six flags seems contempt with just placing random DC rides throughout the park without area rethemes IE superman and TDK. the only reson we got metropolis plaza (if you even want to call that themed area) was because people complained about it on here and TPR about it not fitting with the theme.
Last edited by great america fan on October 6th, 2016, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
great america fan

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 6th, 2016, 11:50 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Or maybe Aquaman Splashdown?

We had a ride exactly like Aquaman called Splashwater Falls. It was a fun ride but very short.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on October 6th, 2016, 12:10 pm
I went on it haha. Probably the "most long-gone" ride I've been on

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on October 10th, 2016, 1:39 pm
In reply to the giga on the Joker thread, I'm continuing it here.

1. Take out Batman? No. It's a landmark now. If they were to even think of taking it down they would Hulk the entire thing & literally just replace it all with new track. It's one of the most popular coasters in the park.

2. A giga as mentioned is massive. (Would be a neat name to compliment Goliath actually lol) & yes there are ways for it to go around or over things but not in the middle of the park. Unless the GoKarts leave but they would still have to mess with everything else & it just isn't wise. I'd much rather it go by roaring rapids & around the service road with a turnaround of some sorts along Superman/parking lot. There are plenty of options but taking out Batman isn't one of them.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on October 10th, 2016, 3:18 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on October 10th, 2016, 3:46 pm
Honestly, I'm still not for them removing a coaster or anything for that matter really. Demon just got a new breath of life into it & even with alllll the glitches, people are eating it up.

I would love a way to connect the two sides of it was done well. But connecting the two sides near Batman is more likely/important in my opinion. I think BB needs to stay. Every little member of my family & my friends' kids love that ride. To us it may be nothing but it's a well themed interactive ride that I'm proud to have in our lineup. Keep it. Water rides are a necessity whether you agree or not. I will never ride them but I'm not effecting it's popularity.

As a random question - how do you get near map or your phone I can't seem to find the app or is it a comp thing only. I'm really bad with technology soooo help me here haha.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on October 10th, 2016, 3:56 pm
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on October 10th, 2016, 4:32 pm
I agree with Shadows, the section by Demon and Buccaneer Battle is as dead (Especially with Sky Trail and Orbit now gone) as Iron Wolf's corner was in 2012/2013. If you walked past when there wasn't anything playing at the terrible stage than it was a complete ghost-town.

However, I don't like the idea of completely removing a path, so I don't think BB and Demon's combined spots would be best for a coaster.
---
I really wish we'd get something like this:

This is Flash at Lewa Adventure, a creation of Mack. It has the world's tallest vertical loop (170 ft. tall) and a ton of ejector airtime (Atleast it appears to be).
A coaster like Flash would satisfy
- Large Looper
- Ejector Airtime Machine
- Decently long coaster

The only problem is the airtime:inversions ratio is not even. If it had a few more inversions, it'd be a perfect mix. It's highly unlikely that we have room for a clone seeing as how long (Dimensions-Wise) Flash is, but a custom layout would suffice. It could have a 175-180 ft. tall vertical loop and claim the world record. It's not like it will affect SFMM anymore anyway.

Here's a POV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-atLvN-CZ04
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on October 10th, 2016, 4:53 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 10th, 2016, 5:59 pm
In my opinion, a Mack Launch Coaster would be the perfect fit in our lineup. If they could make it so that it interacts with the pathways, it'd be solid. Helix looks fantastic, Flash looks amazing, Project 2018 can be great(I need to see it with it's surroundings). I want one sooo bad!

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum