Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JimPanky on December 1st, 2013, 8:06 pm
What is on your for the future wish list?
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on December 1st, 2013, 8:39 pm
I think eventually we will see something in RCs spot and Demon's spot.
Edit: and Pictorium's spot and BBs spot.

*The top item on my wish list is a dark ride.

*A new car ride. I would like to see it heavily themed.

*Bring back a stunt show to SWA.

*Keep the igNight stage but do a whole new show on it. (Not yet I expect a similar show this year)
Edit: Done. Keeping the stage minus the runway. Doing a finale show and parade.

*Sad to see the old model of the park go. Maybe we could see a new model of the current park including Goliath?

*Put out books, DVDs, ect.

*A new innovative flat. The park has been great at doing the next newest biggest best most innovative things with coasters, lets move flat ride history forward with a great high thrill flat ride that is before it's time.

*Bring back a motion sim ride.
Last edited by JimPanky on June 13th, 2014, 1:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
JimPanky

Postby kossdude1 on December 1st, 2013, 8:58 pm
JimPanky wrote:I think eventually we will see something in RCs spot and Demon's spot.

*The top item on my wish list is a good dark ride. Some of the best rides are dark rides and I feel this is what the park is missing the most. Theme it heavily DC, Looney Tunes, etc.

*As far as coasters go I think we need a really good launcher; possibly world's fastest and highest rate of acceleration?

*Coasters could also include an X2 type ride that is randomized like Tower of Terror so each time you ride it the flip sequences of the seats would be different. You could also do this as an upgrade to X-Flight.

*A new car ride. I would like to see it heavily themed. A cruise through Great AMERICA. Possibly seeing American landmarks. Possibly patriotic things like the White House and whatnot. Possibly a cruise down Route 66. But definitely a road trip type heavily themed drive and definitely American themed.

*Bring back a stunt show to SWA. Preferably a Batman and Superman show timed with the release of the new movie.

*Keep the igNight stage but do a whole new show on it. (Not yet I expect a similar show this year)

*Sad to see the old model of the park go. Maybe we could see a new model of the current park including Goliath?

*Put out books, DVDs (please include that , shows, etc on the history of the park.

*A new innovative flat. The park has been great at doing the next newest biggest best most innovative things with coasters, lets move flat ride history forward with a great high thrill flat ride that is before it's time.

*Bring back a motion sim ride. Make it a time machine that lets you ride former sfgam rides...then it lets you ride possible future rides. Not realistic, just give a dare to dream ending.

I agree with a lot of what you're throwing out there, but it may have to be debated whether or not some of this would require removal of the picnic grove
kossdude1

Postby JimPanky on December 1st, 2013, 9:09 pm
Id say picnic grow is a possible area for future rides.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on December 1st, 2013, 9:15 pm
Justin suggested the dark ride could be Wile E. Coyote themed.
I like that idea. I could also see a Scooby Doo ride like other 6 Flags parks have done.
JimPanky

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on December 1st, 2013, 9:18 pm
Is removing the Picnic Grove a smart idea? Where else could you host large corporation parties and other large groups? Relocating it might be hard as there is no other spot in the park for a picnic grove.
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby Coaster Justin on December 1st, 2013, 9:29 pm
They could redesign the employee parking lot and move the Picnic Grove there behind Wilderness Theater
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on December 1st, 2013, 10:17 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:They could redesign the employee parking lot and move the Picnic Grove there behind Wilderness Theater

That's an idea I can get behind. It would free up some space for a new attraction or coaster.
Is Wilderness Theater even used that much anymore?
2014 Season Pass Holder

Antonio Aguilera
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby Coaster Justin on December 1st, 2013, 10:19 pm
TwistedSTEEL666 wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:They could redesign the employee parking lot and move the Picnic Grove there behind Wilderness Theater

That's an idea I can get behind. It would free up some space for a new attraction or coaster.

Special events... So no.

Coaster Justin

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on December 1st, 2013, 10:23 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
TwistedSTEEL666 wrote:

Special events... So no.

They should get rid of it and use some of the space left by it and some of the employee parking lot for a new picnic grove area. The old picnic grove area can be cleared away for a new ride. Their special events can be moved to another theater.
2014 Season Pass Holder

Antonio Aguilera
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby Radical-Illusion on December 1st, 2013, 10:37 pm

Behind the wilderness theater is serving unit 4/5 that wont work.
When you get to the top, and you hear that click, you better hang on, because your coming down quick!
Radical-Illusion

Postby kossdude1 on December 1st, 2013, 10:46 pm
A new themed area(s) or Picnic Grove is possible if the park completely redesigns the parking lot to accommodate. If there were to be an area as large as the guest drop off area and bus parking area combined, we'd still have more than enough parking left in the park. Remember, the overflow parking lot is larger than the front parking lot from the looks of it.
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby Ace on December 1st, 2013, 11:26 pm
Giving a major overhaul to Aunt Martha's, Mooseburger, and Angelo's so that they have high quality food for a nice sit down experience.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby kossdude1 on December 2nd, 2013, 8:57 am
How about this? New flat near Trailblazer former site, as well as converting the Kidzopolis restaurant into an area for a new ride for the kids. In 2015, I'd also like to see something added to Hurricane Harbor
kossdude1

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on December 2nd, 2013, 1:18 pm
Get rid of BB.
Soon, with in a year or two, please!

Replacing a high thrill ride with a low thrill ride is not a smart move.
2014 Season Pass Holder

Antonio Aguilera
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby Coaster Justin on December 2nd, 2013, 6:05 pm
TwistedSTEEL666 wrote:Get rid of BB.
Soon, with in a year or two, please!

Replacing a high thrill ride with a low thrill ride is not a smart move.

Replacing a Well Loved High Capacity Flat Ride with a Low Capacity Terrible Reliability attraction with a ride that nobody rides that they never advertised is not a smart move.

Coaster Justin

Postby X-Flight2012 on December 3rd, 2013, 7:15 pm
Here is my wish list:

1. Remove the Go Karts. They are a big eyesore and have no vegetation around them. Plus, the whole area is too loud and it smells like gasoline. They should add a Screaming Swing there possibly.

2. Alter the train tracks, move Hurricane Harbors entrance and build maybe a Gerstlauer Eurofighter in the area to the right of the Whizzer.It would be a great coaster as a ride like this would fit good with the park's lineup. Hopefully, it will be taller than most of the park's thrill coasters, 100 - 120 feet and feature some new loops for the park like a cobra roll.

3. Renovate Hurricane Harbor. Even though I think Hurricane Harbor is quite developed for Six Flags waterparks like new technology on slides in the last few years, it could be better. I would like to see a Constrictor slide from Whitewater West added to the Riptide Bay structure, and a Hydro Magnetic Rocket water coaster from Proslide.

4. Refurbish Demon. Every time I go on Demon, I get a bad headache, and the ride is very short. Sometimes, I try standing up the best I can to try to get my head above the head restraints. I think B & M should maybe start retracking arrow coasters with cars that resemble the old Demon ones. Also, they can add some new loops and make the ride way funner.

5. Add an Intamin of B & M giga coaster. This type of coaster would go good with a station between The Dark Knight, and Roaring Rapids. It could go up it's lift hill alongside the side of the lake by the parking lot and do a turnaround over the road to the park.

6. Take out Buccaneer Battle's extended wait area and add a new thrilling flat ride.
X-Flight2012

Postby AirTimeDaz on December 3rd, 2013, 9:30 pm
I don't know if I would add this to my "wish list" just yet until one is actually built and reports come back on the quality of the ride, and I'm sure you all know by now, but for those that might not know, there's this 525+ ft. coaster being built in Florida called a "PolerCoaster" with a small footprint (since it's a mainly vertical structure) that would probably be good for our limited real estate at SFGam. I know we can't have anything built higher than STT, but I hesitantly & tentatively say it's something to possibly consider. If nothing else, I think it would look cool in the skyline.
AirTimeDaz

Postby JimPanky on December 3rd, 2013, 9:39 pm
What is there to consider? Gurnee has the stt limit set. We will never ever have a 500 ft tall coaster.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on December 3rd, 2013, 9:42 pm
X-Flight2012 wrote:Here is my wish list:

1. Remove the Go Karts. They are a big eyesore and have no vegetation around them. Plus, the whole area is too loud and it smells like gasoline. They should add a Screaming Swing there possibly.

Leave my Go Karts ALONE! Go Karts are one of the best attractions there are and SFGAm has a really fun track.

4. REPLACEDemon
5. Add an Intamin of B & M giga coaster. This type of coaster would go good with a station between The Dark Knight, and Roaring Rapids. It could go up it's lift hill alongside the side of the lake by the parking lot and do a turnaround over the road to the park.

No way could you fit a giga in that spot. We don't have the space for a giga.
6. Take out Buccaneer Battle PERIOD replace it with something better.
JimPanky

Postby AirTimeDaz on December 3rd, 2013, 10:37 pm
JimPanky wrote:What is there to consider? Gurnee has the stt limit set. We will never ever have a 500 ft tall coaster.

I didn't say to build a 500 ft tall coaster. Of course I know we couldn't do that. The company says the coaster can be built between 200 ft. to 1000 ft.
AirTimeDaz

Postby JimPanky on December 3rd, 2013, 10:52 pm
o ok
JimPanky

Postby CoasterCale on December 3rd, 2013, 11:33 pm
I seriously doubt the whole "PolarCoaster" thing would even be considered. The park already has two towers. (GD and STT) I don't think it would go well with guests.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Viper 88 on December 5th, 2013, 10:29 am
Ok I am going to come out and say it.... I don't know all of the intricacies of the park like some of you so I am going to ask what is serving unit 4/5 does it have something to with the food? I also agre with Ace about revamping the restaurants but don't add tv's like the BBQ that was one of the things I realy liked you could get away from all of the BS TV out there now.
Viper 88

Postby KevinM on January 27th, 2014, 11:13 pm
JimPanky wrote:I think eventually we will see something in RCs spot and Demon's spot.

*Coasters could also include an X2 type ride that is randomized like Tower of Terror so each time you ride it the flip sequences of the seats would be different. You could also do this as an upgrade to X-Flight.

This isn't possible with the current Arrow tech (and B&M doesn't even do 4D yet). X2's seats are rotated by a mechanical linkage attached to a third/fourth rail called an "x rail". As the x rail moves up or down (relative to the regular rails), a rack and pinion system is pushed/pulled which in turn rotates the seats. This is not a re-programmable system. They could have different sequences on the left/right wing. Also, they now have "free spinning" 4D coasters that are a bit like what you imagine.
KevinM

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum