Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Superman on March 28th, 2014, 10:32 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:
JimPanky wrote:goliath isnt cheap. you wont see more hours (more cost), lower prices (youll see higher), or backwards coasters.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

Well let's see our past few years. In 2011, we get 5 slides, a pool, a SurfRider, and a bunch of other minor things, and AE Blue backwards. In 2012, we get(in my opinion) one of the best B&M wing riders, and AE Blue backwards. In 2013, we get a giant 100-foot tower with some projectors and other nifty electronics, and BTR, Viper, and AE Blue backwards. This year, we're getting a kick-butt RMC woodie. Great America has made some pretty big(expensive) projects lately, so it seems that they have quite a bit of money on their hands. It won't hurt to run a few trains backwards, or even lower a few prices. Besides, Hurricane Harbor is already getting a $5 fee for non-passholders. Only time can tell.

Unfortunately, Jim is right on this one. Although six flags is officially out of bankruptcy, they are still in debt. In addition to that, you wouldn't see them lower any prices due to the tremendous inflation going on right now. The reasons we are seeing these great expansions are 1.Great America is one of the most profitable in the chain, 2.if six flags did not keep expanding attendance would dip.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby DeathbyDinn on March 28th, 2014, 11:45 pm
JimPanky wrote:goliath isnt cheap. you wont see more hours (more cost), lower prices (youll see higher), or backwards coasters.

Really? Last time I checked we're getting more hours this year with the extra weekend in November and 13 hour FF Saturdays and while certain prices have gone up, other things like season passes have gone down. (A 1999 season pass cost more than a 2014 one.) And backwards coasters have nothing to do with anything in this situation. It's not solely up to the park to recoup the cost of Goliath by cutting hours and raising prices. It's up to the chain. If what you're saying is true, MM would have the shortest hours and the highest prices because they get a lot of new capital almost every year. Yet in reality, their hours aren't that different and in some cases are longer, and their season passes cost less than ours.

Superman wrote:In addition to that, you wouldn't see them lower any prices due to the tremendous inflation going on right now.

Where exactly is this tremendous inflation? Other than parking prices, I haven't seen any prices rise in a way that's out of the ordinary, and some have defied inflation and have dropped (season passes.)
DeathbyDinn

Postby Viper 88 on March 29th, 2014, 11:32 am
Souvenier refill glasses used to be around 7.00 back in 05 now they are double that. Just sayin.
Viper 88

Postby kossdude1 on March 29th, 2014, 11:51 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:In 2012, we get(in my opinion) one of the best B&M wing riders, and AE Blue backwards.

Eagle Blue never ran backwards in 2012....

Guy_With_A_Stick wrote: Screams and Dreams on DVD. This movie made me nearly cry of nostalgia. I don't care if it didn't win an Oscar, this was one of the best Mini-Series I've ever seen. PLEASE put them on DVD!

I've seen this many times on the thread and have tried to explain why since August, but it seems like it's not getting through. Some of the songs in the films aren't owned by the park, they're available for in-park use.

For example, Katy Enrique told me that the Carousel Song is still owned by the Marriott Corporation and can only be used for things they do inside the park (closing time, Screams and Dreams end credits, etc.), and also applies for the songs written for the park in the Marriott days (especially the ones in volume 1). In order to put all three Screams and Dreams on DVD, the park would have to purchase the rights to each song the "do not personally own" (the ones they're able to use for in-park, but you never see in any of their commercials or videos) in order to sell the films to the general public.

All in all, it won't be worth the investment since the rights could cost up to thousands of dollars. When looking at the revenue they'd make on it, it wouldn't be worth it. While enthusiasts would love to have these installments on DVD or possibly Blu-ray, will more than just the enthusiasts be purchasing them? The ones who don't go to the park on a regular basis or browse coaster forums?
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby Superman on March 29th, 2014, 3:28 pm
Superman wrote:In addition to that, you wouldn't see them lower any prices due to the tremendous inflation going on right now.

DeathbyDinn wrote:Where exactly is this tremendous inflation? Other than parking prices, I haven't seen any prices rise in a way that's out of the ordinary, and some have defied inflation and have dropped (season passes.)

Sorry I should have been a little more clear, I was referring to the inflation in the country not at Great America haha. With the inflation rate anywhere from 1% to 3%, all companies (including six flags) must raise prices to keep the same amount of profit.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby DeathbyDinn on March 29th, 2014, 5:35 pm
^ Yeah, that I agree with. I thought you were just talking chain wise and not country wise, my bad.
DeathbyDinn

Postby Viper 88 on March 30th, 2014, 10:28 am
Oh all these licenses make my rear end itch. It has been heard by the public for over 30 years I would call it public domain, but certain a holes would disagree. Its the same thing with the DLC for MUA2 for the xbox360 they had it and now they cant post it again because of "licensing problems" B.S. Screams and Dreams would definately sell. If we are talking about licensing then why is the park selling Disney merchandise that I can go across the expressway for and buy THE EXACT SAME THING, no differentiation, at Walmart?
Viper 88

Postby skibum101184 on April 29th, 2014, 12:06 pm
Personally I'd like to see a non-clone B&M sitdown or B&M floorless (and not a 'forceless' coaster either). A non-clone premier launch coaster is also up there for me, along with something from Intamin like Maverick.
skibum101184

Postby tribar on April 29th, 2014, 12:40 pm
I would love something like Helix. Great Mack multi launch coaster Witt 7+ inversions. Kills two birds in one stone (launch coaster and multi launcher)
tribar

Postby Jacklw6499 on April 29th, 2014, 3:32 pm
skibum101184 wrote:Personally I'd like to see a non-clone B&M sitdown or B&M floorless (and not a 'forceless' coaster either). A non-clone premier launch coaster is also up there for me, along with something from Intamin like Maverick.

I REALLY think a Maverick type Intamin would work great! It's station could even go where Ragin' Cajun used to be and it could be Mardi Gras Themed and stretch all around the area. Another possibility is a B&M launch coaster which would pry be very smooth.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Jerrykoala2112 on April 29th, 2014, 11:58 pm
Realistically, I wish for a Zamperla Air Race to replace the area where Raging Cajun is now. It's a unique enough flat ride and it's a lot of fun but not too intense.
Jerrykoala2112

Postby Cedar Fair on April 30th, 2014, 7:16 am
Jerrykoala2112 wrote:Realistically, I wish for a Zamperla Air Race to replace the area where Raging Cajun is now. It's a unique enough flat ride and it's a lot of fun but not too intense.

I'd agree, and theming wouldn't be hard... the only problem is capacity. Have you been to a state fair recently? Yikes! And if they are to add it, they better add more than just that.
This just in... 2015 is going to bring us...
A. The Great American SkyScreamer
B. Increased Admission Prices
C. Increased Parking Prices
D. More Gaping Holes
***Trip Reports May Vary***
Cedar Fair

Postby FParker185 on April 30th, 2014, 7:01 pm
Air Race has pretty great capacity for a flat ride. I don't think SFGAm is allowed to install a major/spectacular flat ride that has been designed in the past 20 years though.

Sky Screamer is 10 years old, it may almost be old enough for SFGAm ;)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Jacklw6499 on April 30th, 2014, 7:21 pm
FParker185 wrote:Air Race has pretty great capacity for a flat ride. I don't think SFGAm is allowed to install a major/spectacular flat ride that has been designed in the past 20 years though.

Sky Screamer is 10 years old, it may almost be old enough for SFGAm ;)

Sky Screamer honestly is most likely to go in Rajun' Cajun's spot honestly. They are great and it would be a very popular flat ride.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby DeathbyDinn on April 30th, 2014, 7:30 pm
Cedar Fair wrote:I'd agree, and theming wouldn't be hard... the only problem is capacity. Have you been to a state fair recently? Yikes! And if they are to add it, they better add more than just that.

The portable versions are not the same as the park versions. The largest version of the Air Race on the Zamperla website has 32 riders per cycle with a theoretical capacity of 600 pph. Just for comparisons sake - their website also lists a Wild Mouse as hitting 500 pph. but that's with 6 cars. So while an Air Race wouldn't provide the most amazing capacity ever,it would at-least be a substantial increase from Cajuns capacity.

What's nice about Air Races too is that they can run varying programs, so it could actually be both a thrill and family ride. There's one in Australia that switches off between a "soft" and "hard" ride cycle. I'm sure SF could find a million ways to reprogram it and then market it as an all new experience. :lol:
DeathbyDinn

Postby JimPanky on June 13th, 2014, 1:48 pm
JimPanky

Postby Tardis1972 on June 13th, 2014, 4:40 pm
Remove SUF for another B&M coaster. How about a sit down looping coaster like Kumba or Dragon Khan. Great America needs a coaster with a large loop and at least 8 inversions.
Tardis1972

Postby kossdude1 on June 13th, 2014, 5:02 pm
Pictorium has been pretty much the end of it's life in my opinion. Also, Superman is getting old, send it to SFStL.

Put something in Trailblazer's spot as well. I know it's usually Manslaughter Manor, but that house could easily be relocated to HH or the seating area on the other side of Chubasco or something.
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby jshwan1997 on June 13th, 2014, 6:14 pm
What I would really like, is if they removed Demon in the near future and replace it with either a Morgan Hyper-lite or a gravity group junior woodie like wooden warrior.
jshwan1997

Postby Tardis1972 on June 13th, 2014, 7:46 pm
I would like to see a dive coaster in the future. I also would like to see the southwest theatre removed for a mine coaster.
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on June 14th, 2014, 10:51 am
jshwan1997 wrote:What I would really like, is if they removed Demon in the near future and replace it with either a Morgan Hyper-lite or a gravity group junior woodie like wooden warrior.

We have Raging Bull and Little Dipper already. Neither are really needed.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 14th, 2014, 11:37 am
I think we need a good B&M sitdown, floorless, or launch with a good mix of inversions and airtime. Either take out SWA or Pictorium, and put in a compact sitdown, floorless, or launch with nice inversions with floater airtime and a bit of ejector. Either that or a dark ride like Scooby Doo at SFStL or Toy Story at Hollywood Studios.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Tardis1972 on June 14th, 2014, 12:13 pm
I know this might not ever happen, but how about a dueling coaster. One side can be a inverted coaster and the other side can be a floorless coaster (B&M).
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterCale on June 21st, 2014, 10:27 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I know this might not ever happen, but how about a dueling coaster. One side can be a inverted coaster and the other side can be a floorless coaster (B&M).

It wouldn't be quite original, but it would be more reliable than Battle Star Galatica at USS.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Tardis1972 on June 21st, 2014, 10:37 pm
But I don't think GA will ever build a floorless coaster because X-Flight is pretty much a floorless coaster.
Tardis1972

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum