Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Tardis1972 on June 21st, 2014, 10:44 pm
I really want to see a floorless coaster one day
Tardis1972

Postby Brewersdawg828 on June 22nd, 2014, 5:56 am
My wish list
1. Remove pictorium, swa, and the demon
2. Build a floorless coaster from demons station that ascends over the walkway and drops in swa
3. Put a compact launch coaster where pictorium was
4. Instead of wasting a ton of parking lot space build a parking garage it'll help keep cars cooler in the summer and allow way more expansion opportunities, especially with hurricane harbor or a new coaster where superman is
5. Remove the raceway and buccaneer battle and use that as another coaster lot because the 2 combined are surprisingly large and they could easily make it go over that service road between them
6. Add a skyscreamer either at ragin Cajuns area, move the revolution there and put the skyscreamer on revolutions spot, or move the ballons and games and whatnot and make that another coaster lot, though it probably be a small kiddie coaster or put an interactive dark ride
7. Buy out the houses behind the park and expand out there and also allow us to extend out by the lake behind superman (but both of those sound fairly unrealistic but it is a wish list)
8. Bring back the Italian ice stand
Brewersdawg828

Postby anewman35 on June 22nd, 2014, 8:22 am
It's impossible now, but I really wish this had happened (from September 1999): "Six Flags wants to build a water park and full-service hotel conference center on 134 acres across the Tri-State Tollway from the theme park." It would have allowed for a bigger water park, and allowed the land that they ended up using for water park to be rides instead. There would have been some downsides to it (getting between the parks would have been harder, and they probably would have charged more for the separate water park), but I'd take that trade-off. But they never did anything with the land, and it ended up getting sold off and there are now buildings on it. Sigh.

Here's the original article: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999 ... water-park
anewman35

Postby tribar on June 22nd, 2014, 4:22 pm
Brewersdawg828 wrote:7. Buy out the houses behind the park and expand out there and also allow us to extend out by the lake behind superman (but both of those sound fairly unrealistic but it is a wish

tribar

Postby Tardis1972 on June 22nd, 2014, 11:22 pm
I wouldn't mind seeing a GCI wooden coaster one day.
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on June 23rd, 2014, 11:43 am
FYI: Trying my hardest to think of plausable realistic ideas that would benefit the park financially and operation-wise.

Repaint Batman Blue
Sally Interactive Dark Ride (Justice League Alien Invasion?)
Funtime Star Flyer
Removal of the Go Karts and New Kids Area Added
Raging Bull Backwards
Build Rides Above other rides rather then remove rides
Bring Back the County Fair Train Station
Retrack the Small Helixes before the station on Eagle (Or just replace it with a hill)
Move the entrance to Hurricane Harbor by where Space Shuttle America was
Offer a Season Drinking Pass for Coke Freestyles
Add a Second Coke Freestyle (Maybe in Yukon Territory?)
Make the Single Rider line Separate from Goliath's Queue Line (You shouldn't have to wait in line just to wait in the single rider line.)
Soft Padded OTSR's on Demon
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Tardis1972 on June 23rd, 2014, 12:41 pm
A suspended Catapult coaster like Volcano the blast coaster at KD would look great at GA, but I don't know where it could go. The southwest theater is a large enough spot for one.
Tardis1972

Postby jmanporty7 on June 23rd, 2014, 5:25 pm
These are my predictions, opinions, ideas, and what I hope for SFGAm:

2015 - SkyScreamer to replace the go-karts.

2016 - Premier Rides Launch Coaster similar to Full Throttle at SFMM to take up Ragin Cajun's former spot and also replace Roaring Rapids.

2017 - Logger's Run and Yankee Clipper are removed for a Intamin Mega Splash attraction.

2018 - Demon is removed.

2019 - Gerstlauer Eurofighter similar to Dare Devil Dive at SFOG to take up Demon's former spot.

2020 - Orbit is permanently removed. Camp Cartoon is revamped and is transformed into Bugs Bunny National Park.

2021 - American Eagle's blue train permanently run backwards again.

2022 - S&S Screaming Swing to take up space by X-Flight where Demon's corkscrew's used to be.

2023 - B&M Giga with out and back layout along the highway to replace the Riptide Bay section of Hurricane Harbor and parts of nearby parking lot space. Uses similar trains that Steel Dragon 2000 has.

2024 - Hurricane Harbor expansion including world's longest water coaster beating Mammoth at Holiday World and also new shows.

Thoughts anyone?
jmanporty7

Postby skibum101184 on June 24th, 2014, 11:27 am
Actually, with me not being the biggest water park fan out there, I wish they would've made another new section to the park instead of building a water park. Could've fit a nice B&M floorless or sitdown there, or even something along the lines of Maverick. overlayed is Scream at Magic Mountain, as closely matched to the zoom level of SFGAm as I could.
Attachments
sfgam2.jpg
skibum101184

Postby Tardis1972 on June 24th, 2014, 12:51 pm
I still says Superman's spot is the best spot for a B&M sit down, floorless or standup coaster.
Tardis1972

Postby anewman35 on June 24th, 2014, 1:24 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I still says Superman's spot is the best spot for a B&M sit down, floorless or standup coaster.

I really don't get the obsession so many people seem to have with taking out one B&M and replacing it with another B&M that's of the same (or similar) style to what we already have (or had). I mean, maybe I could see a new B&M replacing Superman when its a launched 4th dimension 10 inversion hypercoaster, but with what they currently offer, I don't see the point (for the park). It might be a better ride to the enthusiast, but that doesn't mean it makes business sense.
anewman35

Postby Tardis1972 on June 24th, 2014, 2:27 pm
There is another type of coaster that I think could fit in SUF spot and that's a vekoma flying coaster. It can be a Batwing clone and still be called superman ultimate flight.
Tardis1972

Postby skibum101184 on June 24th, 2014, 3:04 pm
anewman35 wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:I still says Superman's spot is the best spot for a B&M sit down, floorless or standup coaster.

I really don't get the obsession so many people seem to have with taking out one B&M and replacing it with another B&M that's of the same (or similar) style to what we already have (or had). I mean, maybe I could see a new B&M replacing Superman when its a launched 4th dimension 10 inversion hypercoaster, but with what they currently offer, I don't see the point (for the park). It might be a better ride to the enthusiast, but that doesn't mean it makes business sense.

Honestly I'd rather have a custom B&M sit down or floorless than a S:UF clone anyday. Heck, at this point I'd take a Scream! clone from Magic Mountain, regardless of the trains they put on it (floorless or sitdown). Just has a wide variety of inversions that SFGAm is missing out on.

Now, if SFGAm had a custom or more 'impactful' flying coaster like Tatsu in S:UF spot, I'd say leave it.
skibum101184

Postby tribar on June 24th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:There is another type of coaster that I think could fit in SUF spot and that's a vekoma flying coaster. It can be a Batwing clone and still be called superman ultimate flight.

Why would we do that?
tribar

Postby anewman35 on June 24th, 2014, 3:15 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:There is another type of coaster that I think could fit in SUF spot and that's a vekoma flying coaster. It can be a Batwing clone and still be called superman ultimate flight.

Honestly now, do you REALLY think they'd do that? If they remove it at all, they're not going to replace it with another ride with the same name.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on June 24th, 2014, 3:22 pm
skibum101184 wrote:Honestly I'd rather have a custom B&M sit down or floorless than a S:UF clone anyday. Heck, at this point I'd take a Scream! clone from Magic Mountain, regardless of the trains they put on it (floorless or sitdown). Just has a wide variety of inversions that SFGAm is missing out on.

Now, if SFGAm had a custom or more 'impactful' flying coaster like Tatsu in S:UF spot, I'd say leave it.

Right, I'm sure most people here would agree, but the point is that doesn't make too much sense from the Six Flags perspective. B&M rides are expensive, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to take out a popular one just to replace it with a different one. I get that most people here just think about what they want, but you'd have much more realistic guesses about the future if you take business logic into account.
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on June 24th, 2014, 3:23 pm

RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on June 24th, 2014, 4:20 pm
What's wrong with SUF being replace by a vekoma flying coaster?

What GA needs is some kind of DC villain themed ride. GA is one of the few major six flags parks that doesn't have a villain themed ride. It doesn't have to be a roller coaster.
Tardis1972

Postby anewman35 on June 24th, 2014, 4:32 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:What's wrong with SUF being replace by a vekoma flying coaster?

What would the point be? How would you market it?
anewman35

Postby tribar on June 24th, 2014, 5:02 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:What's wrong with SUF being replace by a vekoma flying coaster?

What GA needs is some kind of DC villain themed ride. GA is one of the few major six flags parks that doesn't have a villain themed ride. It doesn't have to be a roller coaster.

Why replace a B&M with a Vekoma? There is a huge drop in quality from a B&M to a Vekoma. Should we take out Batman next and replace it with an SLC? It's pointless to take out a Flying coaster just to replace it with another Flying coaster. Not to mention a huge waste of money.
tribar

Postby Tardis1972 on June 24th, 2014, 5:43 pm
Ok then I am going back the idea of B&M sit down looping coaster. It will have a loop that goes through the chain lift and have a total of 8 inversions.
Tardis1972

Postby Tardis1972 on June 24th, 2014, 8:04 pm
It would also be nice to see GA be the first park to get a B&M 4th dimension coaster. If B&M starts making 4th dimension coasters as planned. B&M is planning on making 4th dimension coasters in the future right?
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on June 24th, 2014, 10:12 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:It would also be nice to see GA be the first park to get a B&M 4th dimension coaster. If B&M starts making 4th dimension coasters as planned. B&M is planning on making 4th dimension coasters in the future right?

Or just convert X-Flight into a 4D Coaster (Spinning seats).
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Brewersdawg828 on June 24th, 2014, 10:13 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:It would also be nice to see GA be the first park to get a B&M 4th dimension coaster. If B&M starts making 4th dimension coasters as planned. B&M is planning on making 4th dimension coasters in the future right?

If they did they'd probably ship the first one here seeing as we are b&m's Guinea pig park (first coaster, first inverted coaster)
Brewersdawg828

Postby Tardis1972 on June 24th, 2014, 11:18 pm
I don't care what everyone says about this one. Kumba or Dragon khan clone in SUF spot in 2018. Also I think AE won't get the iron horse treatment ever. How many more years do you think AE will last and should another racing coaster take its place?
Tardis1972

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum