Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Tardis1972 on October 10th, 2016, 6:02 pm
^ Energylandi also released a pov of a Intamin Hyper for 2018 along with the Vekoma Hyper. I think there's supposes to be a contest to see which one is chosen. I personally voted for the Intamin Hyper because it looked better than the Vekoma Hyper.
Here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k9qHPI5Uh04
Tardis1972

Postby gottastrata33 on October 10th, 2016, 6:12 pm
Really? Put the company's aside, the Vekoma layout is far superior to that of the Intamin one I think. I saw give the underdog a chance. That's who I voted for.

& I've followed Flash for a bit. The coaster booms in Asia & Europe are insane lately. Did you see the Intamin hyper they built that's almost a giga?! It's insane. You can find it under "Havoc palace" I think.
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 10th, 2016, 6:20 pm
^Havoc in Heaven Palace or Coaster Through The Clouds is the name of that one.

As for the two hypers, I think the Vekoma layout is stronger, but Intamin would do better in the long run in terms of smoothness and maintenance. If Intamin could build Vekoma's layout, it'd be the best of both worlds.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on October 10th, 2016, 7:34 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Intamin would do better in the long run in terms of smoothness and maintenance.

RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 11th, 2016, 12:35 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Honestly, I'm still not for them removing a coaster or anything for that matter really. Demon just got a new breath of life into it & even with alllll the glitches, people are eating it up.

I would love a way to connect the two sides of it was done well. But connecting the two sides near Batman is more likely/important in my opinion. I think BB needs to stay. Every little member of my family & my friends' kids love that ride. To us it may be nothing but it's a well themed interactive ride that I'm proud to have in our lineup. Keep it. Water rides are a necessity whether you agree or not. I will never ride them but I'm not effecting it's popularity.

As a random question - how do you get near map or your phone I can't seem to find the app or is it a comp thing only. I'm really bad with technology soooo help me here haha.

I agree with your comment about water rides being a necessity. I think the LAST water ride to go should be Roaring Rapids if they were to remove one. That thing is super fun and now, everyone gets drenched!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on October 11th, 2016, 2:51 pm
I wonder how often that thing needs to be updated. The ride is from the mid 80s right?
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 11th, 2016, 2:58 pm
And the flumes are from the mid 70s. ;)

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 11th, 2016, 5:24 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I wonder how often that thing needs to be updated. The ride is from the mid 80s right?

They actually beefed it up several years ago. When it first came out only 1-2 people got really wet. They then added those water cannons that the ride op fires off, as well as the onshore snipers. That is my FAVE water ride there! I think it's just perfect the way it is!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on October 11th, 2016, 5:36 pm
Oh yeah! It's perfect for those that want to get soaked. Which is why I stay far away from it haha but I do wonder if that land could be shared & if so, would it be too invasive for that ride. I think what's so great about rides like roaring rapids is the fact that you're practically separated from the park, immersed in the woods on a raging river.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 11th, 2016, 6:14 pm
^ YEP! You almost feel like you're on a river! It has great theming and plenty of excitement. I always kind of laugh when someone doesn't really want to get wet! It's the nature of that ride :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on October 11th, 2016, 6:45 pm
I wish the waterfall was more interactive. Some tunnel effects would be nice, as well.
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on October 11th, 2016, 7:46 pm
When I did ride it, I remember screaming a lot about just that - not wanting to get wet. I'm an idiot butttt I was forced on it a couple times & each time regretted it soooo never again. But this goes the same as what I said about BB. Just cause I don't ride it, that doesn't effect its popularity & there are plenty of guests who do ride/enjoy it.

I really think a water coaster would do wonders for our park. There's always been that gap in a boat ride since SWF left. & building a water coaster with a "splash zone" bridge will bring back that nostalgic iconic memory. Not to mention many people think of every park having one.
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 11th, 2016, 7:58 pm
A Mack Power Splash would be perfect. Fills in the water/boat ride and Launch Coaster gap. If V2 were to leave, it'd be the perfect replacement.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby gottastrata33 on October 16th, 2016, 11:37 pm
I was at Elitch's today & I forgot how fun Intamin Halfpipes are. For being so little, they pack a punch. Capacity is horrid for a park of our size but I remember back when it was announced in 2004 under SF Elitch Gardens, I wanted one here so bad. It'd be a fun addition but make noooo sense here in all reality.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on October 16th, 2016, 11:44 pm
A half pipe would be nice. I hope we get a flat pack in either 2018 or 2019

Wish SFGAm would bring these signs back and have one displayed in every area of the park, maybe close to a shop or something so employees could share info and update it:

RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on October 17th, 2016, 1:29 am
Replace Raging Bullsh*t with an actually great out and back giga coaster or mega-hyper that goes to the front of the park and back. They could send RB to another Six Flags park or sell it to an outside park. I would not miss the coaster or it's raging trimbrakes if I knew we would get a much better high speed coaster that doesn't treat the average guest like they would die if they experienced floater airtime.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on October 17th, 2016, 1:38 am
I'm not sure if removing RB would be the best option. Do you know how many people would vow to "Never visit the park again" on facebook, start pro-tests outside SFGAm, etc.

Even if the giga is the best in the world I'm not sure as to how people would react if the park took out their most popular coaster
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on October 17th, 2016, 7:47 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Wish SFGAm would bring these signs back and have one displayed in every area of the park, maybe close to a shop or something so employees could share info and update it:

I'm sure they would say something like that isn't necessary now that they have the app with ride times. Of course, that would be more useful for me if I was ever able to actually get on the network in the park...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on October 17th, 2016, 7:50 am
RollingCoasting wrote:I'm not sure if removing RB would be the best option. Do you know how many people would vow to "Never visit the park again" on facebook, start pro-tests outside SFGAm, etc.

Even if the giga is the best in the world I'm not sure as to how people would react if the park took out their most popular coaster

I'm not in any way suggesting the park SHOULD remove Raging Bull, but "people would complain on Facebook" and "people may have protests" (unlikely) aren't very good reasons to not do it. If they did remove it I'm sure there would be a short term hit, but people would get over it (and I bet a lot of the GP wouldn't even realize it). If they had something good enough to replacement it, people would get over it quickly enough.
anewman35

Postby jmanporty7 on October 17th, 2016, 7:58 am
Dude RB is still one of the most popular rides in the park. The GP would most likely notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby RollingCoasting on October 17th, 2016, 8:25 am
It might not biggest reason to not remove it but you can expect a big reaction from the GP. I remember in either 2011 or 2012 I stumbled upon a Save Iron Wolf Facebook page which is still up (Closed now).

As for the signs, I prefer the in-park version. More accurate probably and easily accessible

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on October 17th, 2016, 8:39 am
Of course the GP would notice, it would be hard not to. And the park officials probably view Raging Bull as being a central piece of the Park's identity as much as Batman. I respectfully disagree, as RB is the only one of the top 5 to 7 coasters that completely fails its post-drop design goals and objective, to provide both airtime on the hills and G force in the turns.

It even says on the Park website: "over a series of insane hills designed to give you maximum airtime." Yes, B&M clearly designed the hills to give airtime, like every other fuc*ing hyper, but then it's obvious some idiot decided to kill that airtime by placing an unnecessary overpowered trim right before the main airtime moment, when they could easily put it right after if they feel it is necessary, which mechanically it isn't, ie Apollo's Chariot and Nitro.

TL;DR: RB is the No Man's Sky of coasters. It doesn't do what they claim it does and is thus a design failure, so please replace it with a design success.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on October 17th, 2016, 9:25 am
Those trims are there for a reason Woody, and the GP probably doesn't know what airtime is. When I was younger I use to describe it as "the breezy feeling in my groin" XD

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 17th, 2016, 11:50 am
Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it needs to go. I agree with your opinion that it's only 5 at most, but it's still one of the most popular rides in the park. If you wanted a Giga, go to Cedar Point.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Wisco Woody on October 17th, 2016, 11:54 am
I acknowledge the need to prevent too high of speeds and g force in the pullouts and 2nd hammerhead turn after the airtime hill, but they don't need to prevent wear on the airtime hill as both AC and Nitro take their identical hills at higher speeds. They should have placed the trim either halfway down the hill like on AC, or on the elevated banked turn right before it's pullout. There is no mechanical need to have the trains crest that hill as slow as they do because of the trim, otherwise AC and Nitro would also prevent such speeds on their airtime hills.
Wisco Woody

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum