Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official Goliath Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterMike on April 23rd, 2016, 10:08 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:It was running two since opening... I was on the first train of the season, so I know. :p

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Nice! Hows Goliath running this year?
CoasterMike

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 23rd, 2016, 10:10 pm
It's running as good as ever! Also, Demon is running a lot smoother this year.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterMike on April 23rd, 2016, 10:11 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:It's running as good as ever! Also, Demon is running a lot smoother this year.

Thats good to hear!
CoasterMike

Postby staticshadows on May 3rd, 2016, 11:03 am
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby JaminOut on May 3rd, 2016, 11:06 am
Great. Our prized possession is soon to be a clone. Just like Shockwave and Batman...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 3rd, 2016, 12:07 pm
Wait, this actually is happening? I thought it died out in 2010.

But if it is, then crap. I hope it's a custom.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on May 3rd, 2016, 1:26 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby DeathbyDinn on May 3rd, 2016, 5:40 pm
Keep in mind that artistic renderings like that often do not represent the final product and use rides as placeholders or just create random rides. Until there's some more detailed announcements and concept art, I wouldn't be too worried.
DeathbyDinn

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 3rd, 2016, 7:39 pm
^I can see it for the blue coaster by the entrance, but the others are clearly a Goliath clone, an orange Gerst. Spinner, an S&S 4D Freefly, and a Pulsar Clone(which is quite interesting, as it's not open yet, and we have yet to find out if there are any major flaws with the ride). At least it'll have a different support structure for the lift, so I guess it'll be slightly different...?

Unless if SFGAm is removing Goliath to make room for a custom Launch! Makes perfect sense.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby anewman35 on May 3rd, 2016, 8:56 pm
The point is, this park isn't opening for three years, I really doubt they even know exactly what they're going to have yet. They probably gave the artist some pictures of current coasters so he had something to base his drawings on.

(Also, who cares? It won't take anything away from Goliath if they duplicate it 5 years later on the other side of the world...)
anewman35

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 3rd, 2016, 10:58 pm
I'm not a fan of Goliath being cloned but it wouldn't be the biggest deal. I would think it would be like Raptor at Cedar Point. There's a clone, but it's not really relevant.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Tardis1972 on May 4th, 2016, 12:22 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^I can see it for the blue coaster by the entrance, but the others are clearly a Goliath clone, an orange Gerst. Spinner, an S&S 4D Freefly, and a Pulsar Clone(which is quite interesting, as it's not open yet, and we have yet to find out if there are any major flaws with the ride). At least it'll have a different support structure for the lift, so I guess it'll be slightly different...?

Unless if SFGAm is removing Goliath to make room for a custom Launch! Makes perfect sense.

I'm not to sure that's a S&S 4D Free Fly. Looks more like a Intamin ZacSpin.
Tardis1972

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 4th, 2016, 12:47 am
^It may look like one, but after the disaster we call Green Lantern, I think SF has pretty much dropped Intamin for almost everything by now.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 4th, 2016, 8:43 pm
Honestly it's more upsetting for me that RMC would build a clone. Whatever the client wants, but I would much rather see custom RMC's with amazing layouts and innovative design.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterCale on May 6th, 2016, 2:38 pm
I am the only one that sees this as SF saying it will be the next Ground-Up RMC as opposed to being Iboxed? I see them using Goliath as a sign that the coaster will be wood and will have inversions. May not even be RMC for all we know.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 31st, 2016, 1:12 pm
I'm so impressed with Goliath operations today! The attendants are collecting all belongings for the guests to make the dispatch process go smoother. In fact it's so smooth that there is still only a 15min wait and the park has been open 2 hours. The trains are not stacking at all as the train Is dispatching right as the other train is coming back into the station. Very Impressed!!

B&MGuy35

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on May 31st, 2016, 4:22 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:I'm so impressed with Goliath operations today! The attendants are collecting all belongings for the guests to make the dispatch process go smoother. In fact it's so smooth that there is still only a 15min wait and the park has been open 2 hours. The trains are not stacking at all as the train Is dispatching right as the other train is coming back into the station. Very Impressed!!

Justice League is also a big reason why Goliath's line is shorter.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 31st, 2016, 4:24 pm
They also no longer check seat belts, and go straight to the lapbars, which the employees push down.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on May 31st, 2016, 4:54 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:...Pulsar Clone(which is quite interesting, as it's not open yet, and we have yet to find out if there are any major flaws with the ride)...

It's a Mack. It's not like it's Intamin or Gerstlauer
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on June 13th, 2016, 9:48 pm
I rode Goliath in the backseat for the first time today. (Via single-rider line) The line was about 15/20 minutes. The normal line didn't seem to bad also(Only about 3 or 4 rows in the queue house filled)
Actually, me and this teenage girl just missed a train, so when the next one came in the station, the attendant let us pick where we can sit. I asked the girl if we could go in the back and she agreed so yeah.
RollingCoasting

Postby TEDDSTER on June 18th, 2016, 6:27 pm
Apparently RMC has "ordered all of its coasters closed until further notice as a recalled mechanical part is replaced". Just read that on Dollywood's website. Anyone know if Goliath is closed or know any other information?
TEDDSTER

Postby anewman35 on June 18th, 2016, 8:53 pm
Somebody on twitter says:

"sounds like a issue with the new hydraulics (http://rmccylinder.com ). storm chaser has the old style"
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 19th, 2016, 2:01 am
It has to do with their new Hydraulic Cylinders they use for the restraints on newer coasters. Anything made before Storm Chaser is safe, so really only Lightning Rod and Wildfire are affected.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stergmi on June 19th, 2016, 10:45 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:It has to do with their new Hydraulic Cylinders they use for the restraints on newer coasters. Anything made before Storm Chaser is safe, so really only Lightning Rod and Wildfire are affected.

Lightning Rod can not catch a break this year
stergmi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 20th, 2016, 7:07 pm
Two years ago today I had my first ride on Goliath and it was an experience I'll never forget for sure. I had no phone service to wish it a happy birthday yesterday though so here it is now :P
Dan The Coaster Man

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum