SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2018
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Hours
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on December 2nd, 2018, 12:21 pm
I would be more than happy if they removed Buccaneer Battle and installed a Raptor. Capacity might suck, but the GP seems to love Rail Blazer and Wonder Woman and the bad capacity is an opportunity for them to sell more flash passes.

I would obviously prefer a larger hyper raptor over the carbon copy model. But I don't know if one could fit in that area even if they stretched it all the way to the basket ball gam in Home Town Square.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby coasterlove on December 2nd, 2018, 12:39 pm
If they used the area between the edge of Buccaneer Battle and the basketball court, it's about 450-475 feet in length according to Google Maps. Of course it would depend on the exact direction it traveled. A hyper might be possible with how twisted it can be. A steep angle on the lift followed by a vertical or perhaps even beyond vertical drop heading into an immelman to send it back the other way. Raging Bull for comparison is about 900 feet from where it turns around out of the station, lift hill drop and turnaround. Consider though that the lift isn't anywhere near as steep as a Raptor would be nor the drop and Raging Bull heads into a large turnaround. So in a space of of up 475 feet, it could be possible but tight?

Edit- Or the the drop could just twist 180 degrees to send it back the other way keeping in within that space.
coasterlove

 
Posts: 48
Joined: May 22nd, 2014, 11:37 pm

Postby JackGlass on December 2nd, 2018, 4:05 pm
coasterlove wrote:If they used the area between the edge of Buccaneer Battle and the basketball court, it's about 450-475 feet in length according to Google Maps. Of course it would depend on the exact direction it traveled. A hyper might be possible with how twisted it can be. A steep angle on the lift followed by a vertical or perhaps even beyond vertical drop heading into an immelman to send it back the other way. Raging Bull for comparison is about 900 feet from where it turns around out of the station, lift hill drop and turnaround. Consider though that the lift isn't anywhere near as steep as a Raptor would be nor the drop and Raging Bull heads into a large turnaround. So in a space of of up 475 feet, it could be possible but tight?

Edit- Or the the drop could just twist 180 degrees to send it back the other way keeping in within that space.



Here's the foot print for the standard Raptor. It only requires 250 feet, so hypothetically they might be able to get a 200 footer in that space if they make the lift hill very steep. I also noticed on the updated Google Maps that they totally hollowed out the Trail blazer site. I'm almost willign to bet money that they will put a Skywarp there, because it perfectly fits the dimensions of 120X30 feet required for one!
Attachments
2a603s6.png
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby UnclePennybags on December 2nd, 2018, 9:32 pm
coasterlove wrote:If they used the area between the edge of Buccaneer Battle and the basketball court, it's about 450-475 feet in length according to Google Maps.


I'd think a clone of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso (WWGL) *would* fit in the Buccaneer Battle (BB) plat. Here's what it looks like now:

Image

Here's what it looks like overlaying WWGL (to scale):

Image

The green box is the station. The transfer tracks are to the right of the station. The red line is the approximate exit ramp/bridge layout at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. The yellow line is the approximate entrance ramp/bridge to the station. The whole coaster layout is bounded by a pool of water.

In Texas, the overflow queue would be found in the lower right-hand corner of the layout. The ride queue wraps around the bottom to the left, then up towards the exit. However, at Great America, the exit could be up by Demon Snacks, while the entrance could be located closer to the Food Court.

The most interesting thing I found was that the Buccaneer Battle pool is only marginally smaller than the WWGL pool seen in Texas. The two overlap nicely.

Assuming that the BB and Go Kart plats would never be consolidated for use by a larger coaster, a Raptor seems like a nice fit at the BB location. I don't see how many other coaster layouts would fit here (maybe they could do Deja Vu all over again).
UnclePennybags

User avatar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 10:22 pm

Postby JackGlass on December 3rd, 2018, 9:04 am
Great work UnclePennyBags! That would definitely be a great and cost effective replacement for Buccaneer Battle, without having to relocate the Home Town Park rides again! That would be a welcome addition for 2020 as far as I'm concerned and would finally bring some life back to that dead area.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby staticshadows on December 3rd, 2018, 2:35 pm
Not sure what scale you guys are using, but this is what Railblazer looks like on the site at the correct scale. The final product has a larger footprint than what was shown in the promotional material. The Raptor will still fit, the transfer track just needs to be moved to the other side of the gravel area behind the food court building.
Image
staticshadows

 
Posts: 360
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on December 4th, 2018, 8:26 am
^ That looks great! Even though the capacity will be horrible these attractions are kick-butt rides.
Lightning Rod is finally open! Oh wait it closed.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Medusa Steel Coaster 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 281
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby UnclePennybags on December 4th, 2018, 10:41 pm
JackGlass wrote:Great work UnclePennyBags! That would definitely be a great and cost effective replacement for Buccaneer Battle, without having to relocate the Home Town Park rides again! That would be a welcome addition for 2020 as far as I'm concerned and would finally bring some life back to that dead area.


We should probably watch what we wish for. We could get four Mardi Gras Hangovers to replace Buccaneer Battle:

Image
UnclePennybags

User avatar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 10:22 pm

Postby JackGlass on December 5th, 2018, 6:08 pm
4 new "Coasters" in one year! lol :lol:
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby gottastrata33 on December 5th, 2018, 7:35 pm
I’ve always wanted a hyper B&M dive machine here but this is prob a better fit for us & the ride looks to kick ass. Only thing I’d hope for is an altered custom layout. After Goliath, XF, & Maxx it isn’t impossible. Our park has really become incredible the last decade. That was random, I’m just happy about it haha
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Carol Stream, IL.

Postby JackGlass on December 6th, 2018, 5:17 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I’ve always wanted a hyper B&M dive machine here but this is prob a better fit for us & the ride looks to kick ass. Only thing I’d hope for is an altered custom layout. After Goliath, XF, & Maxx it isn’t impossible. Our park has really become incredible the last decade. That was random, I’m just happy about it haha



No doubt about it! Attendance was over 3 million in 2017 for the first time since 1999/2000 so this strategy of saturating the park with roller coasters is clearly working! As long as Anderson is CEO I don't see this trend stopping anytime soon.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 6th, 2018, 6:03 pm
JackGlass wrote:
JT2002 wrote:http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#SixFlags If y'all haven't heard already, screamscape said that there have been some new ride surveys going around from Six Flags. They've talked about a Mack Power Splash (flume+launch coaster) and dive coasters at a few parks (including SFGam).


I'd love to see a Dive Machine come to Great America. Tear down one (or both) of the flumes and put it over there!


I would love a dive coaster as well!!!! They could take down ONE of the flumes (along with V2) !
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 676
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby gottastrata33 on December 7th, 2018, 4:48 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
JackGlass wrote:
JT2002 wrote:http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#SixFlags If y'all haven't heard already, screamscape said that there have been some new ride surveys going around from Six Flags. They've talked about a Mack Power Splash (flume+launch coaster) and dive coasters at a few parks (including SFGam).


I'd love to see a Dive Machine come to Great America. Tear down one (or both) of the flumes and put it over there!


I would love a dive coaster as well!!!! They could take down ONE of the flumes (along with V2) !


I know it will happen at some point again but I’m always hopeful for nothing having to leave. Maxx Force bein squeezed in & around everything made me so happy. Hell, still does! & yes I understand Pictorium had to leave but the reality was it was “SBNO” for more than the majority of a season.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Carol Stream, IL.

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 7th, 2018, 3:54 pm
I rode Valravn in August and I wasn't impressed. It was fun don't get me wrong but it was forceless. It was a GP magnet though. I would much rather see a Raptor or even even a Wonder Woman clone then a dive coaster.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 101
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby JackGlass on December 7th, 2018, 5:19 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:I rode Valravn in August and I wasn't impressed. It was fun don't get me wrong but it was forceless. It was a GP magnet though. I would much rather see a Raptor or even even a Wonder Woman clone then a dive coaster.


No doubt about it, the GP would flock to a Dive Machine..... I could hear them now "It's like Raging Bull only it loops and goes straight down" I could definitly see Great America adding both a Dive Machine and a Raptor in the near future. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we got a Raptor in 2020.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 8th, 2018, 12:54 am
JackGlass wrote:
ChicagoCoasters wrote:I rode Valravn in August and I wasn't impressed. It was fun don't get me wrong but it was forceless. It was a GP magnet though. I would much rather see a Raptor or even even a Wonder Woman clone then a dive coaster.


No doubt about it, the GP would flock to a Dive Machine..... I could hear them now "It's like Raging Bull only it loops and goes straight down" I could definitly see Great America adding both a Dive Machine and a Raptor in the near future. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we got a Raptor in 2020.

That is so true. :lol:
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 101
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby anewman35 on December 9th, 2018, 9:56 pm
Last night, the Washington Street entrance was closed, just a sign saying to go to Grand Avenue. Never seen that before, is it common?
anewman35

 
Posts: 1104
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby ernstwhere on December 10th, 2018, 9:28 pm
anewman35 wrote:Last night, the Washington Street entrance was closed, just a sign saying to go to Grand Avenue. Never seen that before, is it common?


Thanks for mentioning. I use this entrance all the time. Maybe because Maxx Force is being staged in this section of the parking lot... last I heard?
ernstwhere

 
Posts: 16
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 11:52 pm

Postby ernstwhere on December 10th, 2018, 9:30 pm
I got the survey and it focused on the water launch coaster.
ernstwhere

 
Posts: 16
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 11:52 pm

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 10th, 2018, 10:24 pm
Can somebody post a link to the survey please? I still haven't gotten it yet and I would like to take it.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 101
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 11th, 2018, 5:39 pm
Forceless <> FUN-Less! My fave ride at the park is X-Flight and it's very smooth and not rough. But that doesn't make it a bad ride!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 676
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby staticshadows on December 11th, 2018, 8:06 pm
https://www.mystateline.com/news/six-flags-approved-to-take-control-of-magic-waters-after-vote-by-11-taxing-bodies/1654020885
Six Flags approved to take control of Magic Waters after vote by 11 taxing bodies

ROCKFORD, Ill. - A vote by the Rock Valley College Board of Trustees now clears the path for Six Flags to take control of the Magic Waters Waterpark.

The tax abatement vote gives the theme park company a break on property taxes when it takes over the park on April 1st, 2019.

RVC was the last of 11 taxing bodies that had to approve the measure.

Those entities are not losing money due to the vote: an abatement had already been in place for Magic Waters for the last 30 years, when it was managed by the Rockford Park District.

“We are excited to add Magic Waters Waterpark to the Six Flags family of parks and continue to foster a great partnership with the Rockford Park District,” said Six Flags Great America Park President Hank Salemi. “We look forward to the many opportunities we will have with Magic Waters and the community. We can now offer tremendous added value to guests of Magic Waters by including Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor in their Magic Waters Combo Season Passes.”

Six Flags plans to begin hiring for Magic Waters in the new year.

“Privatizing Magic Waters Waterpark was something our community told us should be a priority to achieve. I cannot think of a better organization to partner with than Six Flags Great America as they have been outstanding to work with and our mission, vision, and service expectations align. They are the industry experts and will have more resources to invest in the waterpark. The District will now be able to invest its limited resources into our communities’ priorities for 2019 and beyond such as parks, paths, free family events, and youth,” said Rockford Park District Executive Director Jay Sandine.
staticshadows

 
Posts: 360
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.

cron