SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2018
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Hours
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags website flounders on Season Pass Sale Weekend

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterDave316 on September 8th, 2018, 5:40 pm
Carlo wrote:I think pass sales will be down this year. I think Six Flags made a mistake of offering way to many options. You do not offer too many options or people will get confused and buy nothing. Plus with their website having issue to add to the confusion people will give up and buy nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


While I agree that some people might get overwhelmed by the amount of options and decide not to purchase passes again, I think that will be made up for by the number of people who want the best pass available and buy the diamond elite passes. Instead of paying $70 for a pass, they are now paying $217 to be a diamond elite member for a year. So in the end even if they lose some pass holders they will probably end up making more money.

I personally just renewed my season pass for $67. I'm happy with just the parking and admission to all Six Flags parks that I have had for years, I don't think I need or will use any of the extras that the memberships come with.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

User avatar
 
Posts: 2674
Joined: December 27th, 2002, 10:32 am
Location: Oak Lawn

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby JackGlass on September 9th, 2018, 6:15 am
CoasterDave316 wrote:
Carlo wrote:I think pass sales will be down this year. I think Six Flags made a mistake of offering way to many options. You do not offer too many options or people will get confused and buy nothing. Plus with their website having issue to add to the confusion people will give up and buy nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


While I agree that some people might get overwhelmed by the amount of options and decide not to purchase passes again, I think that will be made up for by the number of people who want the best pass available and buy the diamond elite passes. Instead of paying $70 for a pass, they are now paying $217 to be a diamond elite member for a year. So in the end even if they lose some pass holders they will probably end up making more money.

I personally just renewed my season pass for $67. I'm happy with just the parking and admission to all Six Flags parks that I have had for years, I don't think I need or will use any of the extras that the memberships come with.



I would probably switch to a Diamond Elite membership if there were 6 skip the lines per visit instead of 2. Me and my friend Ben usually go out there later in the day on Sundays, because of our work schedules. It would be great to go on Bull 3 times and get in 3 other rides.... but two just isn't enough!
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby SFGAmFan12 on September 9th, 2018, 3:49 pm
So I had a friend get me a season pass and then 18 hours later six flags deleted any trace of the order from the system and refunded it.

This is so freaking pathetic and ridiculous. It’s been nearly a week with no other purchase options and their sale is ending. I still have the barcode on screenshot but I highly doubt it will work since six flags cleared their system. It’s the worst customer service and support I have ever seen.
SFGAmFan12

 
Posts: 68
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Postby Kubman34 on September 9th, 2018, 5:26 pm
SFGAmFan12 wrote:So I had a friend get me a season pass and then 18 hours later six flags deleted any trace of the order from the system and refunded it.

This is so freaking pathetic and ridiculous. It’s been nearly a week with no other purchase options and their sale is ending. I still have the barcode on screenshot but I highly doubt it will work since six flags cleared their system. It’s the worst customer service and support I have ever seen.



I have followed this forum for the past few years and finally decided to register to voice my frustration with this ordering issue, especially now that I see it is affecting others. I have also been unable to order season passes online. 592 error using debit card, tried PayPal, Six Flags refunded the charge. I called the tech support # for online orders, and the 592 error is generated by their security system. The support rep was no help when I inquired why I was being restricted, and referred me to the park. The problem is you cannot speak with anyone, just general info and referred to online tech support. A guest services supervisor emailed me the other day after I had submitted complaint form online. She stated their records showed I had order charged back by MasterCard in 2015 and this was blocking any purchase on website. I told her I had never had anything charged back and sent her the email confirmation I had from my 2016 Season Pass order. She referred me to the loss prevention team. Have called # she gave me for past few days and keep getting message that system is experiencing problems and to try again later.

Here we are trying to give them money and they don't seem to want to take it. They tell me I need to come to the park to place my order, but if they are telling me the online issue is because of a charged back order, why would they let me order at the park? Oh well, the flash sale is over and no resolution. At this point, I am leaning heavily toward not renewing for next year, but with Maxx Force coming next year, I may give in when I attend Fright Fest in October if the membership prices are not too much higher than they were during sale. I apologize for the long rant.
Kubman34

 
Posts: 6
Joined: September 9th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Postby Sven18 on September 10th, 2018, 9:09 am
Sale extended again, now countdown clock is Monday at 3pm. Over under on the number of extensions?
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby JackGlass on September 10th, 2018, 9:18 am
Sven18 wrote:Sale extended again, now countdown clock is Monday at 3pm. Over under on the number of extensions?


Might as well just keep the Sale going until December 31st at this rate, lol
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Sven18 on September 10th, 2018, 10:17 am
JackGlass wrote:
Sven18 wrote:Sale extended again, now countdown clock is Monday at 3pm. Over under on the number of extensions?


Might as well just keep the Sale going until December 31st at this rate, lol


When businesses keep extending a sale it often means they are not reaching the sales levels they projected. I'm sure plenty are buying SF passes/memberships as usual, but it may not be at the level SF expected for the "lowest price." of the season as they claim.

Edit: Sale extended to midnight.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Carlo on September 10th, 2018, 8:29 pm
Looks like it's all parks. I know in the past flash sale was extended at some parks but not all parks. There website issues along with 5 options to choose from and the general bad service may have finally got to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

User avatar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: July 14th, 2003, 8:18 pm
Location: Wheeling, IL

Postby Sven18 on September 11th, 2018, 8:23 am
Sale extended again till midnight Tuesday. Not meeting sales expectations? Keep extending it till they reach the goal. Not so special offer when you keep offering a"Flash Sale" for 2 weeks.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby JackGlass on September 11th, 2018, 4:44 pm
Sven18 wrote:Sale extended again till midnight Tuesday. Not meeting sales expectations? Keep extending it till they reach the goal. Not so special offer when you keep offering a"Flash Sale" for 2 weeks.



Looks like their carnival ride strategy might be floundering. Great America and Magic Mountain were the only two parks that got something worth while, while the other parks got your run of the mill.... meh... rides.

It's their own fault for handcuffing themselves with this "Every park gets something new every year" strategy. $90 Million could purchase 3 high quality B&M Gigas for their 3 flagship parks (Great America, Great Adventure and Magic Mountain) and dramatically increase attendance just like Carowinds and Canadas Wonderland did.

But no, instead they would rather lop everything into one year and produce anemic growth. Oh well!
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Sven18 on September 11th, 2018, 10:08 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Sven18 wrote:Sale extended again till midnight Tuesday. Not meeting sales expectations? Keep extending it till they reach the goal. Not so special offer when you keep offering a"Flash Sale" for 2 weeks.



Looks like their carnival ride strategy might be floundering. Great America and Magic Mountain were the only two parks that got something worth while, while the other parks got your run of the mill.... meh... rides.

It's their own fault for handcuffing themselves with this "Every park gets something new every year" strategy. $90 Million could purchase 3 high quality B&M Gigas for their 3 flagship parks (Great America, Great Adventure and Magic Mountain) and dramatically increase attendance just like Carowinds and Canadas Wonderland did.

But no, instead they would rather lop everything into one year and produce anemic growth. Oh well!


in my opinion, some parks got good additions and things that park needed, ie...GAdv getting a big Giant Discovery will be hit and something they needed. But giving 3 parks Discoveries makes them a little less exciting. I also find it odd that SFOG got the standard one. To me that sounds like may be a late change. Stl getting an Endeavour is pretty good, though they keep getting bypassed on coasters. The part where the give everyone something comes into play is with things like the Larson Loops. Those are literally in my opinion, we want to give everyone something and all we really have money for is something super cheap. I think that also was kind of the case in the years of 4 superloops, knock out 4 parks for a little under 1M/each. Also, there is a rumor floating La Ronde's loop might be a relocate from GAdv. The water slide for SF Mexico is supposedly a relocate from Gadv also. With 2 more dry parks to feed this may become worse in the future with very cheap rides for a couple parks that are not going to drive attendance, excitement, etc..but they can say they got something. People like me and you would prefer a nothing year for a few parks per year and get a bigger/better ride to others and just rotate the off years.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Sven18 on September 12th, 2018, 11:13 am
The never ending Flash Sale...extended again till midnight tonight or forever.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby JackGlass on September 12th, 2018, 2:02 pm
I saw that rumor on Screamscape about El Diablo being relocated to La Ronde! I think that's a standard sized super loop.... maybe they want to give Great Adventure a plus sized one like Great America and Over Texas in the near future, lol

I like that they're turning Q1 and Q4 into profitable quarters with year round operations at certain parks and memberships, as well as Holiday in the park. But when they keep adding parks and refuse to increase capex or change their strategy, this can only turn out bad, lol

From the way it looks, they put a huge chunk of their 2019 ride budget into Great America and Magic Mountain, while the other parks got the usual Six Flags treatment.

I would much rather wait a year or two and get something like a Giga or a Dive Machine or a Giant floorless rather than getting something new every year! I liked it alot better when it used to be that way! 1999 Raging Bull..... 2000 Nothing except for go Karts.... 2001 Deja Vu and Vertical Velocity..... 2002 nothing..... 2003 Superman.

Back in those days none of us ever expected to get another ride the next season and if we did it was a bonus like mardi Gras in 2004! This old commercial from 2002 was a perfect example of an off year for Great America! Their slogan was simply "V2 Returns"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ExGTRLkuKk
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Sven18 on September 12th, 2018, 4:05 pm
JackGlass wrote:I saw that rumor on Screamscape about El Diablo being relocated to La Ronde! I think that's a standard sized super loop.... maybe they want to give Great Adventure a plus sized one like Great America and Over Texas in the near future, lol

I like that they're turning Q1 and Q4 into profitable quarters with year round operations at certain parks and memberships, as well as Holiday in the park. But when they keep adding parks and refuse to increase capex or change their strategy, this can only turn out bad, lol

From the way it looks, they put a huge chunk of their 2019 ride budget into Great America and Magic Mountain, while the other parks got the usual Six Flags treatment.

I would much rather wait a year or two and get something like a Giga or a Dive Machine or a Giant floorless rather than getting something new every year! I liked it alot better when it used to be that way! 1999 Raging Bull..... 2000 Nothing except for go Karts.... 2001 Deja Vu and Vertical Velocity..... 2002 nothing..... 2003 Superman.

Back in those days none of us ever expected to get another ride the next season and if we did it was a bonus like mardi Gras in 2004! This old commercial from 2002 was a perfect example of an off year for Great America! Their slogan was simply "V2 Returns"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ExGTRLkuKk


The GAdv relocation of their larson loop has been circulating since right after announcements, as well as the slide relocation to Mexico. Screamscape is late to the game.

The new parks and same Capex formula may lead to more relocations. 2019 by relocating they gave 2 parks something for just the cost or moving. Having been to many SF parks I can think of many rides at parks that are primed for relocation, ie..under used and appreciated in one park, but would be better utilized at some of the lower parks that tend to get less. Yes, SF may have spent more on GAm and MM but that is relative. Premier rides are low priced as well as S&S, they are not B&M, Intamin, Mack on pricing. West Coast Racer is supposedly only 4K feet combined which is not long for a mobius...ie...TC is 4900ft. Maxx Force seems relatively short too, I'm betting 3K feet or less and has the same semi wasted last element like Full Throttle with the breaks hitting on the drop.

The memberships will be a boom to Q4 b/c the year people switch form passes they are doubling paying the year they switch in Q4. SF is claiming revenue from their old season pass and their membership. Q1 will be improved but Q2 and Q3 will be a partial revenue shift, so there will be odd numbers possibly in 2019 those quarters. It will take 2 years of the membership push to get actual comps.
Last edited by Sven18 on September 12th, 2018, 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby JackGlass on September 12th, 2018, 4:55 pm
Couldn't agree more about the ride rotation program! We still have King Chaos and jesters wild ride sitting in the employee parking lot! I could definitely see those two rides ending up at Six Flags America in 2020 since they have a Mardi Gras section too. Flashback at Six Flags New England would be a perfect fit at Frointier City, seeing as that they haven't had a new thrill coaster since 1993..... and Six Flags New England has a traditional boomerang and a Giant inverted boomerang.

I could also see them converting Green Lantern at Great Adventure into a floorless and moving Bizarro to Great America. Some people don't like that idea, but it's extremely realistic given Six Flags current financial strategy! Corporate seems much more interested in increasing Great Americas coaster count rather than Great Adventures.

I still wonder if they can relocate Bucaneer Battle without destroying the ride itself. Alot of that is in a concrete pool. That thing would be a great fit at a park like Discovery Kingdom
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 14th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Considering, the King Cobra ride, people have said that, that ride has been closed for awhile after some sort of injury / lawsuit. So, they are moving it to Mexico. lol What's next. Are they going to move Green Lantern from Magic Mountain to Mexico too because that had an injury (maybe even a death) / lawsuit at another park (in another country), and they have closed that ride for a very, very long time?

I will sort of disagree with the reason why they are extending the sale is JUST BECAUSE of poor turnout. I think it's foremost because of the website's problems which would create a poor turnout. You are sort of saying people are just not buying it because they are not buying it, so they are extending the sale. To me, it seems the website was so messed up for so long that it's creating people to not buy it, and thus it keeps getting extended.

In regards to people not going because of "carnival rides", there are (in my opinion) great / amazing carnival rides, good carnival rides, and bad carnival rides. The pendulums look great (to me). That TYPE of ride MIGHT be at a carnival, but their is no way those exact rides would be at a carnival because they are way too large. The Larson Fireballs are bad (to me). The Chance Freestyle looks great (to me), but in regards to carnivals, you barely have any at all at carnivals (Their might be 1 or 2 only traveling around which is NOTHING). If you call a Disko a carnival ride (not really though), but that is bad (to me). Those Larson Scooters are okay (for instance Six Flags Over Georgia added it a previous year), but are not needed as most of these parks have swings, and these are lower capacity than swings. <-They are not a carnival ride, though one could think they are. Much smaller Skyscreamers rides are at carnivals though. They are good rides (to me), but so are swings. When you have swing rides already, in my opinion you aren't adding much with a Skyscreamer.

I would LOVE for Six Flags parks to get 10 of my favorite carnival flat rides, so I would never have to go to an actual carnival. For every carnival ride you think Six Flags has, they don't really have that many as one would think. I will list 10 of my favorite actual carnival flat rides: Chance Yo-Yo (that tilts great), Tivoli Orbiter, Zamperla Power Surge, Chance Wipeout, KMG / Tivoli Spin Out, Hi-Lite Scat, Chance Alpine Bobs, KMG Afterburner, Tivoli Force 10, & Chance Chaos

The real reason for me why I rather go an amusement park over a carnival (besides carnivals are more money / expensive per ride) is that a TON of carnival workers don't like to actually run their rides. They waste a ton of time. They don't like reriders / people with wristbands. Than they play in my opinion, garbage music. Last carnival I went to, they played 2 songs with the ni.... word. A bunch of them are also UNfriendly people. Sure, Six Flags might have SOME UNfriendly employees (NOT as many as carnival workers though - Literally, I might ride 3 rides, and most of those 3 carnival workers are UNfriendly). They also won't let women run the adult rides which is not right, but you don't get the other stuff. At least if I go on some Great America ride, it will run within a decent amount of time, and I won't hear a swearing terrible song blasting in my ears ruining my ear drums. Last time, it wasn't even pop music at the carnival. It was either rap, or spanish music they would randomly play (in a NON-dominant spanish area). Notice, in none of this; I didn't even mention "safety" which to me, carnivals are still safe. That's NOT my reason to avoid them though. I'm now more than ever looking at alternatives to carnivals such as certain amusement parks that have carnival rides, and the 2 I have in mind are not Six Flags or Cedar Fair.

In regards to Jester's Wild Ride, I would think that ride is going to Frontier City. This is unless they take it out of some other park, but they have that exact ride style "NEW" to Frontier City in 2019.

The Huss Top Spin probably would be sold or just turned into metal. I think Six Flags is almost DONE as a corporation with those rides. Their are NOT many left anymore in the Six Flags corporation (maybe Great Adventure). I also know that the Top Spin at Fiesta Texas is being removed at the end of this season (2018).
RMC - Ruining My Coasters - Georgia Cyclone / Iron Wolf / Colossus - What coaster will they ruin next for me???
Ilovthevu'

 
Posts: 4244
Images: 34
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby Sven18 on September 15th, 2018, 1:31 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:
I will sort of disagree with the reason why they are extending the sale is JUST BECAUSE of poor turnout. I think it's foremost because of the website's problems which would create a poor turnout. You are sort of saying people are just not buying it because they are not buying it, so they are extending the sale. To me, it seems the website was so messed up for so long that it's creating people to not buy it, and thus it keeps getting extended.


The website problems were the first weekend, the sale started thursday and was suppose to be to Labor Day, Sept 3rd. Extending a few days would be adequate for website problems. Extending essentially 2 weeks to Sept 16th points to sales not being what they projected or their goal for the initial period.

The simple fact is people might not be as gullible as SF thought, many are likely doing the math. First they see that they are paying more for the same benefits they got on the old gold pass for the lowest membership. Second, buying any membership during the flash sale(not so flash sale since it's 2+ weeks) makes questionable sense for current pass holder, if they think it thru financially. The 3 months free people figured out is a garbage incentive and has been discussed before. Upgrading now just means you're double paying. You're making 4 months of membership payments for the end of 2018 that you already had access to SF parks for with you 2018 pass. Then you're paying Jan, Feb, March monthly payments while the park is closed. Unless you plan to go to SFMM or SFFT(weekends)those months, there is little reason to buy a membership for a current pass holder till April. With the 4 months of not double paying and the 3 months when the park is closed, you can save yourself 7 months of payments. That's $50 to $127 depending on membership level and that could be more if you have dining membership, etc. If you wait all you lose is $1/mth (4+ rate )they offered during the sale and being SF they may offer it in a sale in the spring. saving $12 when you're paying $50 to $127 more?

I'm questioning the extent of the website problems beyond the 1st weekend, as the monday the sale was suppose to end I had no problem buying a pass and other people I know had no problems that sunday or monday. Website problems don't to appear as long lasting as it's made out to be. All of the people I know that actually used the sale bought passes and those who are going to try(upgrade) to memberships are waiting till 2019 right before their first visit. SF to prevent this waiting effect may have to offer a bigger discount during the sale $1/mth doesn't do it, explained before. They may have to offer free upgrade to next membership level or something similar. The other alternative is to be stringent on sale pricing(create actual urgency)...a la CF. The "flash sale" was actually only 4 days, the prices went up, but are still a sale price and will stay till parks start open in April. Once April hits CF does a significant price increase and that holds for the season.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby JackGlass on September 17th, 2018, 9:14 am
Six Flags is caught between a rock and a hard place. They want to charge Cedar Fair prices, without Cedar Fair quality and without Cedar Fair rides. $100 for a season pass with parking would be very reasonable. IF they substantially improved Great Americas infrastructure (Bringing it up to par with Cedar Points) and added major attractions like a Giga Coaster a Dive Machine etc.

However. No one is going to pay those higher prices if it's all going to their shareholders and we keep getting super loops and carnival rides! These memberships seem to be a testing ground for price increases and it might be faltering
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Carlo on September 17th, 2018, 11:57 am
Flash sale has been extended again. They no longer list a countdown on the website. 19 days and counting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

User avatar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: July 14th, 2003, 8:18 pm
Location: Wheeling, IL

Postby Sven18 on September 17th, 2018, 4:19 pm
Carlo wrote:Flash sale has been extended again. They no longer list a countdown on the website. 19 days and counting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Over under on the flash sale lasting all of September? This is marketing 101 failure. Nobody takes SF sales that seriously before b/c they know there will always be another one, ie..Black Friday, Xmas, pre season opening, Memorial day, etc... Also, nobody with experience with SF takes their bogus % off. They claim a price for products that nobody ever pays b/c things are discounted all year long.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Kubman34 on September 17th, 2018, 5:42 pm
SFGAmFan12 wrote:I have yet to get my payment to process for a season pass. Keep receiving error code 592. Six Flags support says it’s still down for some parks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Is anyone else having their online orders blocked with this error code? I am still trying to resolve this issue with my online ordering, but SFGA makes it impossible to speak with anyone. The direct # for the team to speak with that I was given by guest relations sup does not work. Emailed sup back and requested to have it forwarded to this team to contact me directly. She forwarded my request a week ago and I have yet to be contacted. Yet another reason they are not getting the sales #'s they want.
Kubman34

 
Posts: 6
Joined: September 9th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Postby Carlo on September 17th, 2018, 7:46 pm
Kubman34 wrote:
SFGAmFan12 wrote:I have yet to get my payment to process for a season pass. Keep receiving error code 592. Six Flags support says it’s still down for some parks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Is anyone else having their online orders blocked with this error code? I am still trying to resolve this issue with my online ordering, but SFGA makes it impossible to speak with anyone. The direct # for the team to speak with that I was given by guest relations sup does not work. Emailed sup back and requested to have it forwarded to this team to contact me directly. She forwarded my request a week ago and I have yet to be contacted. Yet another reason they are not getting the sales #'s they want.
Not sure what phone number you were given but the website list it as 407-261-4290.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

User avatar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: July 14th, 2003, 8:18 pm
Location: Wheeling, IL

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 17th, 2018, 10:41 pm
With Fright Fest starting so early this year, it's a terrible way to sell your season passes / memberships. Families need to get to the park either after they bought their season passes online, or will want to buy it at the park. The dumbest thing this corporation could have done is be open for Labor Day weekend (which was MOSTLY a washout except for 1 day of Sunday 2018), and than the next weekend, the park is closed for private events. The weekend after that is already Fright Fest which the park sort of tells people, this is not for you, families. Some people might even feel like if they can't process their pass, than why buy it in the first place, and they might even think the November thing is just another extension of Fright Fest, and NOT a family friendly event, thing again.

1 weekend (of 3 days), in my opinion, of having a quick sale is not long enough especially when the park is only open 3 days in that whole week (Saturday / Sunday / Monday), and again 2 of those 3 days in 2018 Labor Day were a washout.
RMC - Ruining My Coasters - Georgia Cyclone / Iron Wolf / Colossus - What coaster will they ruin next for me???
Ilovthevu'

 
Posts: 4244
Images: 34
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby Sven18 on September 18th, 2018, 8:53 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:With Fright Fest starting so early this year, it's a terrible way to sell your season passes / memberships. Families need to get to the park either after they bought their season passes online, or will want to buy it at the park. The dumbest thing this corporation could have done is be open for Labor Day weekend (which was MOSTLY a washout except for 1 day of Sunday 2018), and than the next weekend, the park is closed for private events. The weekend after that is already Fright Fest which the park sort of tells people, this is not for you, families. Some people might even feel like if they can't process their pass, than why buy it in the first place, and they might even think the November thing is just another extension of Fright Fest, and NOT a family friendly event, thing again.

1 weekend (of 3 days), in my opinion, of having a quick sale is not long enough especially when the park is only open 3 days in that whole week (Saturday / Sunday / Monday), and again 2 of those 3 days in 2018 Labor Day were a washout.


3 days is more than enough for a "flash sale", there is a reason it's called a "flash sale"., it's suppose to go away quickly and have unprecedented discounts. SF fails on both accounts b/c it goes on for a long time and the discounts are essentially what they offer all the time. People know this over the years thus there is little urgency, which is sales 101 for a sale that is supposed to be heavily discounted.

You do realize the actual haunts and stuff don't start till later in the day. The park opens at 11am Sa/Su on the weekends. Families can go then to process passes. Btw, even better would be not have people have to process passes, but SF wants to force an extra visit.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Sven18 on September 19th, 2018, 1:46 pm
Big LOL!

SF is keeping the same prices as the Flash Sale(same 4+ discount on memberships) and just calling it the Fright Sale. SF just at some point has to stop all these fake sales and BS % discounts on prices nobody ever pays. Admit what the real regular price is, 72% off Gold Pass is BS. SF never actually ever sells it at that price. Same with the memberships.Tthe price when they first came out in 2018 are what a few cents more than now and they are claiming 56 to 63% discounts, which was the same thing they said when they were first introduced. BS like this is why SF has problems reaching Flash Sale goals and has to keep extending and renaming it. Nobody believes the % discounts listed and they know the supposed best ever sale price will be offered again or at most at few dollars more some times pennies more. SF has managed to defeat the purpose of a sale,which is to create urgency to buy now b/c the price is temporary. The "sale price" for SF is actually the regular price essentially.
Sven18

 
Posts: 166
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.