SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2018
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Hours
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby WolfRaging95 on August 9th, 2018, 11:15 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:
WolfRaging95 wrote:This is interesting. I am not sure how legit this is. https://www.facebook.com/skyhigherector ... 1026596685

Nice find. Doesn't guarantee a coaster of course. They were pretty proud of building the Mardi Gras Hangover on that page after all. But whatever is going there is going to be something pretty substantial in size.

I still think a lot of people right now are in denial of the fact that this will most likely be a water park addition. I would still love to see them surprise us with a roller coaster, but a water coaster wouldn't be a bad addition. It would actually make me go to the water park more often, which is currently about once a year.

Thanks. I had a friend who did some research and they are a construction company that works for S&S so we shall see.
WolfRaging95

 
Posts: 51
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 11:55 am

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby anewman35 on August 9th, 2018, 11:22 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:
RBullFan97 wrote:
WolfRaging95 wrote:This is interesting. I am not sure how legit this is. https://www.facebook.com/skyhigherector ... 1026596685

Nice find. Doesn't guarantee a coaster of course. They were pretty proud of building the Mardi Gras Hangover on that page after all. But whatever is going there is going to be something pretty substantial in size.

I still think a lot of people right now are in denial of the fact that this will most likely be a water park addition. I would still love to see them surprise us with a roller coaster, but a water coaster wouldn't be a bad addition. It would actually make me go to the water park more often, which is currently about once a year.

Thanks. I had a friend who did some research and they are a construction company that works for S&S so we shall see.


If you look at their page, they seem to be a construction company who work for lots of people. So doesn't really confirm that much, except that it's some sort of ride...

I wonder if this gets taken down at some point, it doesn't seem like Six Flags would be pleased at anybody giving anything away (even something obvious like "it's going to be some sort of coaster or coaster-like ride in that spot"). But we shall see...
anewman35

 
Posts: 1052
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby UnclePennybags on August 9th, 2018, 11:50 pm
Waterpark expansion? I'd be disappointed, and this from someone who has used the waterpark 5 out of 9 visits this summer. I just don't see water rides as the best return on investment for the Pictorium plat. Hell, I'd rather see a flat ride over an expansion. With the extension of the Great America season into December, the more attractions available in the dry park the better.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on August 10th, 2018, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

User avatar
 
Posts: 61
Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 10:22 pm

Postby IssaCoaster on August 10th, 2018, 12:50 am
So... Hank Salemi said in a meeting earlier this year that SFGam will install a water park attraction, just not for next year. He said it will be for the future. Also known as he doesn't know when. But about this attraction, the 2 seconds thing and Dodonpa seem to align way too perfectly. And remember how in the Goliath teasers how they had the numbers for the ride thrown around all over the place? So I'm thinking 1000m, and less than 2 seconds to accelerate. I don't see this coaster breaking the skyline yet... even though the guy running toward the slide does signal it can go up quite aways. I have no question that this is a launch rollercoaster at this point. I just don't know by who. I'm setting myself up for dissapointment :lol:
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 97
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 1:08 am
Okay, first off, some people are looking way too far into this and coming up with some wacky stuff. And I say, you guys keep doing that man! Rumor season is the best part of the amusement park season, let people get excited!

Personally, I think a water park addition is likely. HH has not had an addition for years, and every year I have been saying "This rumor is interesting, but they have not added to HH in x years... it might be HH's turn..." and its at what now? 8 years? that is insane. It could be time. BUT.... whats the fun in talking about the water park? I'm here for the coasters!! Launch coaster for the win!

Here are my thoughts on the second teaser.

First thing I want to say, does anyone notice the quality of these videos? The audio when the lady talks is awful! I hope that is a racing theme audio when she talks, because it sure sounds like a truck zooming down I-94. That is six flags for you lol... To me the entire campaign so far has been very unproffessionally professional. The girls are awkward, the first video was especially awkward spraying sunblock on a guy for what was it like 5-10 seconds? The thing that irritates me most though is that the stopwatch says two seconds, but the man is in the frame for at least four, and hes not even in the frame for the whole slide? "You can do better", on what? your reflexes for start/stoping a stopwatch? I want David back!

Heres what I thought of with the second video though. 2 seconds. "You can do better". With a racing theme, faster is better. So, less time means "better". And the only thing I could think of is that S&S 1.8 second launch. Now first off, Dodonpa is way too much for our park, which would be awesome... but something over 100 mph is something I think SFGAm might never do. But other S&S launches could be on the table. The space would fit it... But I can not think of anything faster in the industry time wise. But here is some other food of thought. What if it is not two seconds, but it is the number itself, 2? If it were the number two though, when she says "You can do better", that would imply the value would now increase. But that might be a possibility. What if, for example do not take this seriously, but what if the number 2 stood for world records like Goliath. When she says "You can do better", what if it meant 3+ world records? This could work for a number of things. More than 2 inversions? More than 2 slides? More than 2 records? More than 2 launches? Lots of possibility. The only thing I can think of less than 2 seconds in the industry is 1.8. I am sure they do not mean 1 in this case for anything. 1 slide? That is not "better". Also remember though, the two glaring numbers in the series has been 1000 and 2. 1000x2=2000? 1000 feet long and two somethings? If a number is presented in the next teaser, I am sure they all relate together.
Last edited by Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sucker for launches and 4D's

Coaster Count: 152
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 448
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Joliet, Illinois

Postby JT2002 on August 10th, 2018, 8:49 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:
Heres what I thought of with the second video though. 2 seconds. "You can do better". With a racing theme, faster is better. So, less time means "better". And the only thing I could think of is that S&S 1.8 second launch. Now first off, Dodonpa is way too much for our park, which would be awesome... but something over 100 mph is something I think SFGAm might never do. But other S&S launches could be on the table. The space would fit it... But I can not think of anything faster in the industry time wise. But here is some other food of thought. What if it is not two seconds, but it is the number itself, 2? If it were the number two though, when she says "You can do better", that would imply the value would now increase. But that might be a possibility. What if, for example do not take this seriously, but what if the number 2 stood for world records like Goliath. When she says "You can do better", what if it meant 3+ world records? This could work for a number of things. More than 2 inversions? More than 2 slides? More than 2 records? More than 2 launches? Lots of possibility. The only thing I can think of less than 2 seconds in the industry is 1.8. I am sure they do not mean 1 in this case for anything. 1 slide? That is not "better". Also remember though, the two glaring numbers in the series has been 1000 and 2. 1000x2=2000? 1000 feet long and two somethings? If a number is presented in the next teaser, I am sure they all relate together.

That's a really good point! If it was a launch coaster, why didn't they just put 1.8 rather than 2? I still think it's hard to connect this number clue to a hurricane harbor expansion/water coaster, and it's probably going to be a rather large addition because these videos seem to be coming out at a weekly pace.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 40
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 10th, 2018, 9:33 am
I'm sorry I just have to do this. Everyone in the second teaser is looking for clues and asking questions but the real question is how the women didn't get wet :lol: . Ok you can get back to the serious talk.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Lightning Rod is closed again! Oh well until next time.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Millennium Force 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 232
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 10th, 2018, 9:58 am
So the caption to the photo is now changed. Wonder if the park asked them to change it?

Hmmm....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

 
Posts: 441
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby Jackluver18 on August 10th, 2018, 10:54 am
If it was a water park expansion, wouldn't they start putting piping in now before winter? I honestly don't think it's a water park expansion if they haven't even begun to put piping in. I could be wrong but that's what I think so far.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

User avatar
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: October 16th, 2005, 12:54 am
Location: Sleeping in her new station....X-Flight

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 10th, 2018, 10:57 am
Jackluver18 wrote:If it was a water park expansion, wouldn't they start putting piping in now before winter? I honestly don't think it's a water park expansion if they haven't even begun to put piping in. I could be wrong but that's what I think so far.


Not necessarily. As long as work is done before the ground freezes solid they’re fine. Which usually isn’t until December around here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

 
Posts: 441
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 10th, 2018, 11:03 am
I was ready to wave the white flag on a water park expansion after both teasers, so far. Both times, the discussion on this site has given me hope that it won't be. Whew.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

User avatar
 
Posts: 321
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 9:16 am

Postby JT2002 on August 10th, 2018, 11:42 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:So the caption to the photo is now changed. Wonder if the park asked them to change it?

Hmmm....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, I just saw it, what was the caption before?
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 40
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby bearcub12 on August 10th, 2018, 11:49 am
JT2002 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:So the caption to the photo is now changed. Wonder if the park asked them to change it?

Hmmm....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, I just saw it, what was the caption before?


It was something along the lines of "Excited for a new install" and it's now "...Big Thrills!"
bearcub12

 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 2nd, 2018, 12:48 pm

Postby JackGlass on August 10th, 2018, 11:52 am
I wasn't familiar with do-dodonpa until yesterday.... but my God. After watching the povs, something like that would be a solid addition to Great America!

Goliath and Raging Bull are my current favorites, I like them both equally. But something like that would probably take their place as my favorite! lol
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 76
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 10th, 2018, 11:56 am
Here’s original caption

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

 
Posts: 441
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby RaceBoarder on August 10th, 2018, 12:12 pm
Three launches is better than two...

Just sayin'....
RaceBoarder

 
Posts: 87
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 8:25 am

Postby ilrider on August 10th, 2018, 12:16 pm
Nice find on the construction company FB page! Pretty much confirms a steel coaster of some kind, which I had suspected, since that is what they build. They built X-Flight, Justice League, and Mardi Gras Hangover, at the least (see their web site below), so it seems they have a good working relationship with the park.

Just to rule out a water coaster, ProSlide designs AND builds their own rides, don't they? No third party construction on the coaster itself?

I think this is going to be a great addition to the park. I am getting excited!

https://www.skyhigherectorsllc.com/
ilrider

 
Posts: 436
Joined: October 7th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Postby Goku1910 on August 10th, 2018, 12:50 pm
They don't do just coasters. This was already explained so it can essentially be anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby staticshadows on August 10th, 2018, 1:11 pm
JackGlass wrote:I wasn't familiar with do-dodonpa until yesterday.... but my God. After watching the povs, something like that would be a solid addition to Great America!

It doesn't even have to reach that speed to be the fastest accelerating coaster in the Americas. I believe Kingda Ka currently has that record (0-128mph in 3.5s). An air launcher doing (0-83mph in 1.8s) would be accelerating at a quicker rate.

Has anyone noticed those drop slides have what Proslide calls the SkyBOX Launch system?
https://www.proslide.com/rides/skybox/
It’s all a blur as riders instantly accelerate to top speed though the near-vertical chute, never slowing as they loop, bump or plummet straight down.
staticshadows

 
Posts: 339
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Postby JackGlass on August 10th, 2018, 1:37 pm
I remember Hypersonic XLC at Kings Dominion. It wasn't even that long of a ride but it looked really fun, similar to Do-dodonpa.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 76
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 10th, 2018, 2:47 pm
staticshadows wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I wasn't familiar with do-dodonpa until yesterday.... but my God. After watching the povs, something like that would be a solid addition to Great America!

It doesn't even have to reach that speed to be the fastest accelerating coaster in the Americas. I believe Kingda Ka currently has that record (0-128mph in 3.5s). An air launcher doing (0-83mph in 1.8s) would be accelerating at a quicker rate.

Has anyone noticed those drop slides have what Proslide calls the SkyBOX Launch system?
https://www.proslide.com/rides/skybox/
It’s all a blur as riders instantly accelerate to top speed though the near-vertical chute, never slowing as they loop, bump or plummet straight down.


It would be HILARIOUS if the park just puts in a regular Skywarp. All this for that. LOL LOL LOL Is that a coaster 2 years in a row. LOL

Ever thought about the upper part of the mountain for this ride, and the bottom portion (in 2020) for something waterpark?
Ilovthevu'

 
Posts: 4182
Images: 34
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on August 10th, 2018, 3:38 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:I was ready to wave the white flag on a water park expansion after both teasers, so far. Both times, the discussion on this site has given me hope that it won't be. Whew.


You believe over hyped speculation over what the park is giving you?
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Carol Stream, IL.

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 3:38 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I'm sorry I just have to do this. Everyone in the second teaser is looking for clues and asking questions but the real question is how the women didn't get wet :lol: .


This, this is the Six Flags quality I am talking about lol.
Sucker for launches and 4D's

Coaster Count: 152
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 448
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Joliet, Illinois

Postby JackGlass on August 10th, 2018, 3:45 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
Muck Finnesota wrote:I was ready to wave the white flag on a water park expansion after both teasers, so far. Both times, the discussion on this site has given me hope that it won't be. Whew.


You believe over hyped speculation over what the park is giving you?


It's not really overhyped speculation, people are basing this on the surveys, the trademarked names, surveyor marks stretching all the way back to Raging Bull, Prep work beginning back in April, the record spinning in the background, the subliminal racing theme of the videos, etc. Six Flags has a history of messing with people in teasers remember "The jokes on you" a few years back with Justice League when everyone thought it was a free spin?

The fist 2016 teaser showed American Eagle, and the additon had absolutely nothing to do with Eagle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ekIIrHOQCI
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 76
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Goku1910 on August 10th, 2018, 4:39 pm
But it was Justice League in 2016, right? The video was shot near the area it ended up being built. It's a hint, just a very, very subtle one. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.