Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What rides would you like to see get removed and why

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on July 7th, 2018, 6:20 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:I would like to see Demon get removed. It’s unrideable to me, and by watching half-empty trains navigate the course, to many others as well. Granted, it’s the only rite-of-passage inverting coaster that SFGAm has, so until park management figures out how to replace it, if they choose to, I guess we’re stuck with it.

What I hate about the Demon the most is the transition into the first corkscrew. Whoever designed that is a knuckle head. It looks like a mess up in a planet coaster coaster
IssaCoaster

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby UnclePennybags on July 7th, 2018, 6:46 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:What I hate about the Demon the most is the transition into the first corkscrew. Whoever designed that is a knuckle head. It looks like a mess up in a planet coaster coaster

I rode the original "Turn of The Century" back in 1976, and then "Demon" in 2015. Demon hurt in 2015, but I don't remember Turn of the Century being anything but the best rollercoaster I'd ever ridden (up to that point). It was fun with no pain. The conversion to Demon could have hurt the smoothness of the ride, or time may be taking its toll on Demon's superstructure (or mine, for that matter). The abrupt entry into the loops and corkscrew don't feel good. Smooth those out and I'd ride Demon again.
UnclePennybags

Postby IssaCoaster on July 7th, 2018, 7:39 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:What I hate about the Demon the most is the transition into the first corkscrew. Whoever designed that is a knuckle head. It looks like a mess up in a planet coaster coaster

I rode the original "Turn of The Century" back in 1976, and then "Demon" in 2015. Demon hurt in 2015, but I don't remember Turn of the Century being anything but the best rollercoaster I'd ever ridden (up to that point). It was fun with no pain. The conversion to Demon could have hurt the smoothness of the ride, or time may be taking its toll on Demon's superstructure (or mine, for that matter). The abrupt entry into the loops and corkscrew don't feel good. Smooth those out and I'd ride Demon again.

Agreed
IssaCoaster

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 7th, 2018, 11:42 pm
I’ll admit that I enjoy the heavy g forces between the drop and first inversion on Demon. The rest of the coaster, not so much.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 2nd, 2018, 5:29 pm
There are two areas I would love to see removed for future attractions. As much as I love AE, that's a lot of potential that I would love to see be utilized some time. Let me dream, I know there are supposedly permits they cant build anything in its place bla bla bla, let me imagine and be happy okay? Another area I would like to see is if the go karts, buccaneer battle, and the games by revolution were removed to creats a lot of open land. they could do a fair bit with that.
Sucker for launches and 4D's

Coaster Count: 152
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 7th, 2018, 4:52 pm
These rides make my list.
1. Demon: With a pretty short guy like me it hurts my head and ears a bunch.
2. Buccaneer Battle: Everytime I try to go it breaks down.
3. Go Karts: I hate the noise it attracts to the place when I'm trying to hear what my friends are saying.
4. Joker: I don't get why Six Flags adds SO MANY CLONES. Like seriously Over Texas: Joker, Fiesta Texas: Batman: The Ride and now Mexico: Wonder Woman.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Lightning Rod is closed again! Oh well until next time.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Millennium Force 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

Postby benneluke on August 8th, 2018, 8:44 am
1: Go-Karts for sure. They're loud, stinky, and replaced a great kids area. If they took them out, it's a nice plot of land for a large ride.
2: Buccaneer Battle. Most of the effects are broken, and its overall a pretty boring ride. Although I do think the park would need another water ride if it left.
3:Supermen. Kind of selfish, but I really don't get any thrills from that ride other than the inverted loop.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby CoasterNick3157 on August 8th, 2018, 11:24 am
Buccanear Battle : Bring back Deja Vu.
CoasterNick3157

Postby MrsTaxi on August 8th, 2018, 1:41 pm
Rides I'd like removed:

1. Go carts: Hate the fumes and noise
2 Bucky Battle: Lame ride and I hate being sprayed in the back with cold water
3. DEMON: Painful and past it's prime (might change my mind if they get new trains and fix the waterfall)
4. Yankee/ Logger's: Pains me to say it, but that is a large plot of land :cry:
MrsTaxi

Postby IssaCoaster on August 8th, 2018, 2:29 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:Rides I'd like removed:

1. Go carts: Hate the fumes and noise
2 Bucky Battle: Lame ride and I hate being sprayed in the back with cold water
3. DEMON: Painful and past it's prime (might change my mind if they get new trains and fix the waterfall)
4. Yankee/ Logger's: Pains me to say it, but that is a large plot of land :cry:

The Demon is rusting like crazy right now. They haven't been painting like they should been. That ride is the next to get axed. And Bucky Battle is leaving soon too without a doubt. They just need to find a good replacement for it when it leaves.
IssaCoaster

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 12:21 am
^ They did just put some work into the queue though, and bringing back the demon laugh thing... it has gotten more attention than other rides in the past two-three years.
Sucker for launches and 4D's

Coaster Count: 152
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby JaminOut on August 10th, 2018, 12:46 am
^^It is also not “rusting like crazy”... don’t be saying such ludicrous things. Maybe there is *some* rust on the track or supports, but guess what? Batman and Superman have some rust on the too. No big deal.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Jackluver18 on August 10th, 2018, 10:56 am
V2, Buccaneer Battle, Go Karts and Dare Devil Dive all need to go.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby gottastrata33 on August 10th, 2018, 8:56 pm
River rocker & DDD deserve better additions in their plots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 11th, 2018, 4:10 pm
In this order:
1. Demon - So many kids bash their heads. Park is in denial. People love the low height requirement. The kids that are smaller go on it, and bash their heads. So, by having a low height requirement, it's not helping those kids bash their heads.
2. Buccaneer Battle - People don't like it. Park is in denial, and they probably think we just bought this piece of garbage ride, and we can't get rid of. Even Dollywood, got rid of theirs.

3. Giant Drop - The trend for drop rides is over. People are bored with this ride by now. People are bored with all of them. On top of that, it takes up so much space for it.

4. Fiddler's Fling - Boring & past it's prime.

5. Revolution - The very slow cycle will never get faster. A waste to me, just like King Chaos was. If the ride was fast the entire time for 2 minutes, I would probably ride this ride every single time. It's never going to be. They love wimpifying the "thrill FLAT rides", yet they buy a $15 million roller coasters that have 25 inversions, and go 1.8 seconds launch, lol. I'm sure the park also doesn't like that it's a 2 person operation ride. If attendance doesn't pick up, I say it's out the door pretty soon (just based on the 2 employee operation alone).

6. Chubasco - The cars are too heavy to spin unless you get a lot of people in a car to help with the spinning. I shouldn't be out of breath spinning a tea cup. St. Nick's Village has such a wonderful tea cup ride (called Snowballs). I don't have this problem over there. I really enjoy that ride. Chubasco: no thank you anymore. An indoor Chance Freestyle would be good in this spot instead.

7. American Eagle - The problem with me mentioning this ride is that they would probably put something in worse than this ride. I don't care about RMC this and that, and that would probably make American Eagle worse, for me than what it is. The ride is just around. It's not a historical nothing for ME. It's not a great ride in my opinion. I have ridden so many wonderful PTC wooden coasters that I absolutely love, and this ride is just around. If it goes, it goes. If it stays, it stays. It does take up so much space though for something better, and it doesn't even have to be another roller coaster. If I was in charge of Six Flags, i would demolish the thing, and put in Scream! from Magic Mountain instead, and than add probably 3 or 4 flat rides around that because it is so much space. That would be kind of selfish though for this park to get Scream! from Magic Mountain because Six Flags St. Louis deserves it more than the stupid garbage Boss ride (in my opinion).
Ilovthevu'

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum