Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What rides would you like to see get removed and why

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on July 7th, 2018, 6:20 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:I would like to see Demon get removed. It’s unrideable to me, and by watching half-empty trains navigate the course, to many others as well. Granted, it’s the only rite-of-passage inverting coaster that SFGAm has, so until park management figures out how to replace it, if they choose to, I guess we’re stuck with it.

What I hate about the Demon the most is the transition into the first corkscrew. Whoever designed that is a knuckle head. It looks like a mess up in a planet coaster coaster
IssaCoaster

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby UnclePennybags on July 7th, 2018, 6:46 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:What I hate about the Demon the most is the transition into the first corkscrew. Whoever designed that is a knuckle head. It looks like a mess up in a planet coaster coaster

I rode the original "Turn of The Century" back in 1976, and then "Demon" in 2015. Demon hurt in 2015, but I don't remember Turn of the Century being anything but the best rollercoaster I'd ever ridden (up to that point). It was fun with no pain. The conversion to Demon could have hurt the smoothness of the ride, or time may be taking its toll on Demon's superstructure (or mine, for that matter). The abrupt entry into the loops and corkscrew don't feel good. Smooth those out and I'd ride Demon again.
UnclePennybags

Postby IssaCoaster on July 7th, 2018, 7:39 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:What I hate about the Demon the most is the transition into the first corkscrew. Whoever designed that is a knuckle head. It looks like a mess up in a planet coaster coaster

I rode the original "Turn of The Century" back in 1976, and then "Demon" in 2015. Demon hurt in 2015, but I don't remember Turn of the Century being anything but the best rollercoaster I'd ever ridden (up to that point). It was fun with no pain. The conversion to Demon could have hurt the smoothness of the ride, or time may be taking its toll on Demon's superstructure (or mine, for that matter). The abrupt entry into the loops and corkscrew don't feel good. Smooth those out and I'd ride Demon again.

Agreed
IssaCoaster

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 7th, 2018, 11:42 pm
I’ll admit that I enjoy the heavy g forces between the drop and first inversion on Demon. The rest of the coaster, not so much.
SaveTheWAVE

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum