Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 25th, 2016, 10:34 pm
Believe me, I do NOT want a Dive Coaster at all. Bland, repetitive rides, quite short(for actual 'coasting'), and just meh overall. Also, the only reason SFFT is supposedly getting a Dive Coaster was because Coaster Studios just threw it out there with no background whatsoever. As for SDC, it was on one survey last year. However, more recent surveys suggest a Mack Spinner.

Dive Coasters are a dead species. I'd much rather see a Launch and Airtime machine rather than a Dive Machine.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby X-Flight2012 on August 25th, 2016, 10:44 pm
I'm just so sick of eh rides getting all the hype just because of Cedar Point getting one.

I have heard or seen wish list ideas or rumors involving these parks...

Six Flags Great America
Carowinds
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Silver Dollar City
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Kings Dominion
X-Flight2012

Postby aaron60060 on August 26th, 2016, 12:53 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Believe me, I do NOT want a Dive Coaster at all. Bland, repetitive rides, quite short(for actual 'coasting'), and just meh overall. Also, the only reason SFFT is supposedly getting a Dive Coaster was because Coaster Studios just threw it out there with no background whatsoever. As for SDC, it was on one survey last year. However, more recent surveys suggest a Mack Spinner.

Dive Coasters are a dead species. I'd much rather see a Launch and Airtime machine rather than a Dive Machine.

I wouldn't mind having a dive coaster at all, but I'd rather have what you mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
aaron60060

Postby Coaster Justin on August 26th, 2016, 9:50 am
aaron60060 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Believe me, I do NOT want a Dive Coaster at all. Bland, repetitive rides, quite short(for actual 'coasting'), and just meh overall. Also, the only reason SFFT is supposedly getting a Dive Coaster was because Coaster Studios just threw it out there with no background whatsoever. As for SDC, it was on one survey last year. However, more recent surveys suggest a Mack Spinner.

I wouldn't mind having a dive coaster at all, but I'd rather have what you mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

After Sheikra, Griffin, and Valvran, I'd rather we get A Riddler Revenge (Zamperla Giant Discovery), A Euro Fighter, and I haven't ridden it but I imagine a Tempesto/SUF like coaster would be better.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 26th, 2016, 10:59 am
X-Flight2012 wrote:Just asking but what is the big deal about B&M Dive Coasters?

Everyone thought they were ok then Cedar Point added on just as good as the rest besides one cool inversion and now everyone wants one. (Fiesta Texas, Silver Dollar, here)

I just do not see the rage

I actually have been wanting a dive coaster since I've seen Sheikra. And then Valravn with the 2nd 90 degree dive reinforced my desire. BUt a Mack power splash looks awesome as well especially if it would be replacing Yankee Clipper.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 26th, 2016, 12:10 pm
^According to the posted image, it would only replace V2, keeping YC and LR, just rerouting the queue.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby great america fan on August 26th, 2016, 12:26 pm
I could definitely see a mack power splash replacing V2 its the perfect size plus the flumes could remain operating and it would revamp yankee harbor sounds like a win win win to me :lol:
great america fan

Postby LordMagnus101 on August 26th, 2016, 12:39 pm
I'd love to see another 200+ ft ride of any sort.
LordMagnus101

Postby Tardis1972 on August 26th, 2016, 12:46 pm
I'm really hoping for Chance Hyper GT-X- Coaster. That would be the airtime machine we need.
Tardis1972

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 26th, 2016, 1:05 pm

The ride experience/sensations on a Wing Coaster and Dive Machine are very similar- another reason I'd really rather they not go that route if and when Six Flags moves on from their "Strictly RMC, Toy Coasters, or Relocations" phase.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Tardis1972 on August 26th, 2016, 1:16 pm
See I really don't get how a dive and wing coaster are similar. To me they are nothing alike. However I don't think we're going to see a dive coaster here. Now SFMM I could see getting a recording breaking dive coaster or SGADv.
Tardis1972

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 26th, 2016, 1:23 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:See I really don't get how a dive and wing coaster are similar. To me they are nothing alike. However I don't think we're going to see a dive coaster here. Now SFMM I could see getting a recording breaking dive coaster or SGADv.

The wide floorless trains and larger, drawn out (and similar) elements. You get a different first drop- holding brake w/ vertical drop or the rollover drop (in most cases).
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 26th, 2016, 2:01 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I'm really hoping for Chance Hyper GT-X- Coaster. That would be the airtime machine we need.

That Lightning Run looks awesome! It would go perfectly in Demon's spot. The only good things about Demon are the low height requirement and that it's an entry level looper. If that ride was gone, there would be no looper for kids until 54 inch.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on August 26th, 2016, 4:40 pm
^ There would also be no need to sell Tylenol in the park if Demon was gone. (Why is it Viper's shop :evil:)

On the subject of Dive Coasters, I honestly don't want to see a B&M at our park. I've never been on a B&M Dive Coaster myself, but I only hear negative things about them, and they tend to be very short.

HOWEVER, I would want to see a Mack Dive Coaster. Lost Gravity looks sick. Maybe we could even get a launched lift-hill, and more elements than Lost Gravity. If V2 actually is replaced by a Pulsar clone, then why not replace a water-ride with a coaster since we just did the opposite? I think it'd be pretty neat. Even a clone of Lost Gravity would be a great addition. PLUS, the train's hold just as many people as on Free-Spin, so there's that :p
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on August 26th, 2016, 5:41 pm
Just to be clear when you say I don't want to see a B&M in our park your only talking about a dive coaster correct. Not B&M as a hole.
I really would like to see a Mack coaster also. Even a spinner.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on August 26th, 2016, 6:38 pm
^ I meant B&M Dive Coasters only
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on August 26th, 2016, 6:44 pm
Yeah I thought so.
Tardis1972

Postby Mean Streaker on August 26th, 2016, 10:42 pm
Dive coasters are okay but they aren't really that special. After the first drop they're pretty much like any other looping coaster. I personally thought Valravn was too smooth, I almost felt like I was riding in a car on the interstate.

I think we can all agree that the park needs some sort of launched coaster. Maybe one of the new Vekoma coasters?
Mean Streaker

Postby Coaster Justin on August 27th, 2016, 5:19 am
Mean Streaker wrote:I think we can all agree that the park needs some sort of launched coaster. Maybe one of the new Vekoma coasters?

You misspelled Mack.

Plus I don't see Six Flags going back to Vekoma. I heard a rumor that after Deja Vu, They stopped buying Vekoma rides. So unless Vekoma gives Six Flags a 60+% Discount, I don't see it happening.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Tardis1972 on August 27th, 2016, 11:00 am
Yeah I really don't want to see a Vekoma, not even a standard Boomerang. I still think our next launch coaster will be a Premier Rider. But I would love it if it was a Blue Fire clone with the spinning cars that were testedfor a short time.
Tardis1972

Postby Mean Streaker on August 27th, 2016, 11:27 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:I think we can all agree that the park needs some sort of launched coaster. Maybe one of the new Vekoma coasters?

You misspelled Mack.

Plus I don't see Six Flags going back to Vekoma. I heard a rumor that after Deja Vu, They stopped buying Vekoma rides. So unless Vekoma gives Six Flags a 60+% Discount, I don't see it happening.

I guess Vekoma is a long shot. But their new coasters look great and I hope a park closer to us gets one of them soon.

Would a Mack or Premier be more likely?

I'd love a launched Mack coaster but Six Flags hasn't built one yet. But SFGAm seems to be the test park so maybe we could get one.
Mean Streaker

Postby Jacklw6499 on August 28th, 2016, 2:30 pm

THANK YOU! I've only been on Sheikra but I wasn't very impressed. I would much rather have a Premier Launch or B&M Floorless
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby JaminOut on August 28th, 2016, 3:28 pm
Trust me, floorless coasters are as great as they're made out to be. It just gives the same experience as a sit down. I went on Rougarou (sp?), and it wasn't a much different of experience as a sit down like RB (minus the inversions).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Mean Streaker on August 28th, 2016, 5:06 pm
JaminOut wrote:Trust me, floorless coasters are as great as they're made out to be. It just gives the same experience as a sit down. I went on Rougarou (sp?), and it wasn't a much different of experience as a sit down like RB (minus the inversions).

I thought the same thing about floorless coasters. But I also thought the train was more comfortable than othe sit down coasters.
Mean Streaker

Postby Jacklw6499 on August 28th, 2016, 8:47 pm
JaminOut wrote:Trust me, floorless coasters are as great as they're made out to be. It just gives the same experience as a sit down. I went on Rougarou (sp?), and it wasn't a much different of experience as a sit down like RB (minus the inversions).

Technically a dive coaster is a floorless coaster.... My point being I would rather have a more intense ride than a slow drawn out cookie cutter one.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum