Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Official VRaging Bull thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 25th, 2016, 3:36 pm
^My honest prediction is that it'll be Fright Fest only, and will have a spooky/ghost town/haunted mine VR overlay. If executed correctly, it could be a great fit.

And I have yet to see any form of renovation/construction for the new VR stands. I think it'll be a while.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Foltzy on July 25th, 2016, 6:37 pm
No sign whatsoever today.
Employees, like always, were clueless
Foltzy

Postby jmanporty7 on July 26th, 2016, 5:55 pm
I've heard in Instagram that VR is running as of today. Is anyone there today to confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 26th, 2016, 7:07 pm
^ That's odd, cause I just noticed that any reference to VR has been removed from Raging Bulls ride page, and the link they posted about it on Facebook now leads to an "Access Denied page". I'm wondering if it got cancelled or is perhaps being reworked into maybe a FF thing cause they're running out of summer for it to start.
DeathbyDinn

Postby jmanporty7 on July 26th, 2016, 7:30 pm
Ya I was also going to say that's very odd. They haven't said anything about it since they first announced it. I too think that it's either a FF thing or been canceled.

jmanporty7

Postby acutler on July 26th, 2016, 8:47 pm
I just noticed that all references to Raging Bull VR were removed from the Six Flags app and the ride list on their website.
acutler

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 26th, 2016, 9:51 pm
Would be the sensible thing to do.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby staticshadows on July 27th, 2016, 12:11 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 27th, 2016, 12:48 pm
staticshadows wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:Ya I was also going to say that's very odd. They haven't said anything about it since they first announced it. I too think that it's either a FF thing or been canceled.

It was mentioned on the earnings call this morning that Great America will have VR by the end of summer. Raging Bull wasn't mentioned, hopefully they came to their senses and are putting it on Demon or one side of Eagle instead. Based on what the CEO of Six Flags said on the call, it sounds like VR is here to stay.

Putting it on Demon would be better. Like a lot of people agree, it rarely has a line. The area around Demon, BB, and (used to be the ropes course) is kinda dead.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Carlo on July 27th, 2016, 9:23 pm
I have a feeling that is has been delayed. I bet the delay is in the VR Animation that they are making. Its most likely taking longer then they though it would of. I also think that the VR thing was really for next year but because JL is not bringing in the numbers they wanted they try to add something else.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby JaminOut on July 27th, 2016, 10:11 pm
Carlo wrote:I also think that the VR thing was really for next year but because JL is not bringing in the numbers they wanted they try to add something else.

Proof of statement? I believe Justice League is doing as well as they planned it to be. That is, unless they thought if an offseason had such a spike that they'd have a larger one with Justice League. If that is the case, from a statistical standpoint, I understand; from a realistic standpoint, you just can't expect that to happen to that extent.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Foltzy on July 27th, 2016, 10:21 pm
Carlo wrote:I have a feeling that is has been delayed. I bet the delay is in the VR Animation that they are making. Its most likely taking longer then they though it would of. I also think that the VR thing was really for next year but because JL is not bringing in the numbers they wanted they try to add something else.

I don't really think it was meant for next year. Nearly every Six Flags park has added one and it was about time for it to be added at one of the larger parks in the chain here at SFGAm. I think they've just done it in typical six flags fashion where it is months late.
Also, Justice league has some of the longest lines at the park. Yes it doesn't have that great of a capacity compared to say Disney, but for six flags they do a decent job of getting people on the ride. Yet, a line still builds. The ride was built to target the entire audience of the park and I think it has done very well in the park
Foltzy

Postby CoasterDave316 on August 2nd, 2016, 11:20 pm
There is a media event for Virtual Reality next week, so I am guessing by August 12th there will be a Virtual Reality roller coaster open at SFGAm. Just a guess though.

Expect a announcement with more details on August 4th.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby JaminOut on August 2nd, 2016, 11:41 pm
How'd you find out?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby anewman35 on August 3rd, 2016, 6:58 am
Something that seems worth pointing out - some time between the beginning of July and last Saturday, the bins to hold stuff on the Demon were moved up from against the fence, now much closer to the train (I didn't think to take any pictures but it's obvious, especially because you can see that the fence part isn't painted the same way because they didn't think it would be visable). It's sort of exactly what I would think they would do if they were making room for a bunch of equipment for the VR thing...
anewman35

Postby jmanporty7 on August 3rd, 2016, 8:50 am
Wait what VR is still coming this summer? Dang it!
jmanporty7

Postby anewman35 on August 3rd, 2016, 12:18 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:^ Or it could just be the logic that the closer the bins are to the train, the less people's loose items hold up the ride . . .

Sure, could be. But combined with some other hints we've seen, and a media thing in a few days...
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 3rd, 2016, 2:21 pm
So the VR page is back up...

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/a ... r/overview

And they learned literally nothing...

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby MollysMomma on August 3rd, 2016, 3:53 pm
Ugh... I was hoping maybe it would be moved to Demon or something. With all the talk of how slow the lines are at other parks, it just sucks they're going to do this to Bull.
MollysMomma

Postby jmanporty7 on August 4th, 2016, 9:35 am
This VR thing is really pissing me off! What day are they introducing it anyways? So I can try to get there one last time this year to ride Raging Bull before it becomes a madhouse....

jmanporty7

Postby gottastrata33 on August 5th, 2016, 4:31 am
Well there we have it. It's on Demon instead ;) "Rage Of The Gargoyles" is an interesting choice but seems to be exciting to try nonetheless.
gottastrata33

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum