Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Least busy day

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby kcabmi on May 5th, 2016, 2:41 pm
Okay I want to go to the park this year, and i was thinking earlier in the year the better. I don't want to wait in long lines or have to buy a flash pass.

When is a good time to go?

Are the weekends in May busy? Or would a week day be much better? I'd really appreciate the help guys
kcabmi

Postby Re-Check 9 on May 5th, 2016, 3:31 pm
kcabmi wrote:Okay I want to go to the park this year, and i was thinking earlier in the year the better. I don't want to wait in long lines or have to buy a flash pass.

When is a good time to go?

Are the weekends in May busy? Or would a week day be much better? I'd really appreciate the help guys

Weather is the biggest factor. It was very dead last weekend, especially Saturday, because of the rain and cold. Weekdays will probably be less crowded than weekends, but avoid the season passholder "bring a friend free" days (June 2-3 & 6-10, July 11-15, and August 15-18).
Re-Check 9

Postby Jodon on May 5th, 2016, 3:44 pm
Mothers Day is a great day to go, particularly in the morning!
Jodon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 5th, 2016, 4:18 pm
Weekdays in May, Early-mid June, September, and October are great times to go with no crowds.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on May 5th, 2016, 8:29 pm
Tomorrow. Tomorrow would be one of your best bets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby ConorTully on May 5th, 2016, 10:20 pm
I assume next week Thursday would be a safe bet?
@silkymitts_ on Instagram

"Sir, please put your phone away."
ConorTully

Postby JaminOut on May 5th, 2016, 10:53 pm
^I would have to agree with you.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterCale on May 6th, 2016, 2:46 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Weekdays in May, Early-mid June, September, and October are great times to go with no crowds.

October During Fright Fest? I would have to agree on the part about weather. We got rerides on Goliath last Saturday if you didn't mind rain smashing you in the face at 72 MPH. :lol:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 6th, 2016, 3:26 pm
^Weekdays, I meant to say. Sorry.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby kcabmi on May 7th, 2016, 8:31 pm
Thanks a lot guys, me and my friends decided to go on tuesday the 17th. Hope the weather is nice and that its dead haha wish us luck!
kcabmi

Postby depotrat on May 8th, 2016, 1:18 pm
I would bet Tuesday May 17 would be very quiet since, according to the park calendar, the park is closed. LOL
depotrat

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 10th, 2016, 11:05 pm
Weekdays in May are the best. Simply put.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby kcabmi on May 11th, 2016, 12:35 am
depotrat wrote:I would bet Tuesday May 17 would be very quiet since, according to the park calendar, the park is closed. LOL

OMG! Thanks man! A lot, i feel like a * idiot not realizing that, you saved us a lot lol
kcabmi

Postby AnneM on May 11th, 2016, 7:27 am
We are heading there this Friday the 13th. Weather doesn't look super great, which I don't mind if it means lesser crowds. Driving in from Madison, WI so it's not just a short trip for us.
AnneM

Postby depotrat on May 11th, 2016, 11:52 am
^^ Hate to see you get Wally Worlded! LOL I was surprised when you said Tuesday so early in the season. My home park is SFNE and they are not open midweek until after Memorial Day so I took a look at the calendar.
depotrat

Postby kcabmi on May 11th, 2016, 2:25 pm
AnneM wrote:We are heading there this Friday the 13th. Weather doesn't look super great, which I don't mind if it means lesser crowds. Driving in from Madison, WI so it's not just a short trip for us.

Good luck with the weather man. Funny, i live in Madison, WI as well haha

depotrat wrote:^^ Hate to see you get Wally Worlded! LOL I was surprised when you said Tuesday so early in the season. My home park is SFNE and they are not open midweek until after Memorial Day so I took a look at the calendar.

Yeah thanks a lot. I'm thinking me and my friends will be going next friday now, the 20th
kcabmi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 11th, 2016, 5:00 pm
I'm planning a trip with my youth group for June 2nd. June 2nd is a Thursday and it's the first day we can rent a bus (local catholic high school that lets us rent a bus gets out June 1st) and I think it'll be a great day. It's a weekday and some schools are still in.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby brian76 on May 14th, 2016, 12:05 pm
When it is super cold (like today and tomorrow) I assume the park will have fairly low attendance, even being a weekend? I'm thinking Sunday will be an ideal day, chilly but still sunny.
brian76

Postby AnneM on May 14th, 2016, 3:17 pm
We expected yesterday (Friday the 13th) to be low crowd due to the chilly weather and threat of rain (which it did). But there were dozens and DOZENS of schools there, mostly teenagers. Flash Pass was not open so we had no choice but to wait in the lines. Was a real bummer. Park was not prepared for that crowd.
AnneM

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 14th, 2016, 3:47 pm
What do you mean? I went yesterday, and it was dead! No lines for anything.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on May 14th, 2016, 6:32 pm
Guess it depends which park of the park you're in and when.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby AnneM on May 15th, 2016, 7:59 am
Really? Cause most of the coasters were an hour wait. Except for Batman for some odd reason, we only waited 20 minutes for that one. It was hard to tell for some, the staff never updated the wait times for most of the day due to understaffing. X-Flight said 15 minutes from open to close and that was never close to true. Several of the little rides it took longer to get people loaded and unloaded due to only having one operator do everything. Kind of depressing. Looking forward to going back when they are actually fully functioning (I hope).
AnneM

Postby CoasterCale on May 16th, 2016, 8:30 am
It's not just understaffing, the wait times are never really updated regardless. The only wait time I might consider trusting is Goliath's since a Team member is always posted there. Even then, it's a stretch.

JaminOut wrote:Guess it depends which park of the park you're in and when.

What park of the park. :roll: :lol:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby JaminOut on May 16th, 2016, 11:17 am
*part lol

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Tardis1972 on May 19th, 2016, 12:10 am
I was at the park this past Sunday and it wasn't very crowed. It was probably one of my best visits to the park in years. I don't think I waited more than 45 minutes for anything excepted V2 and Eagle. Everything else was at least 30 minutes.
Tardis1972

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum