Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Tips for fitting on Goliath.

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby tribar on May 14th, 2015, 5:51 pm
I feel like I'm very close to fitting on Goliath. It is very hit and miss whether I fit or not. Is there any little thing to do (besides losing a couple pounds, which I plan on doing) to fit? Is there a certain article of clothing to avoid? Is there a certain way to sit or certain way to close the lap bar? Are some seats easier to fit in than others? This is the only coaster in the park I have a problem with.
tribar

Postby Chitown on May 16th, 2015, 10:55 pm
You have a problem with fitting on Goliath but no problem getting on V2?
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby tribar on May 17th, 2015, 9:02 am
Chitown wrote:You have a problem with fitting on Goliath but no problem getting on V2?

V2 was a little tight but I still got on it.
tribar

Postby KI2014 on May 17th, 2015, 9:47 am
Sometimes the rows in the middle (5 or 6) are looser. I have a friend that I went with who was able to fit in there. Try that..
My blood, sweat, and tears:
https://besignsideas.weebly.com
KI2014

Postby ribsinbacon on May 18th, 2015, 1:21 pm
Make sure you are wearing pants that fit, and are not sagging. Waiting in line for Goliath on Friday, saw some dude refuse to pull his pants up, which caused the lap bar to not fit proper, he decided to get off the ride instead of pulling his pants up. Odd.

Congrats on your weight loss btw (fellow ex chubster here)
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby tribar on May 19th, 2015, 4:37 pm
Another question:

I've been told that if the seat belt on Goliath fits, than the lap bar should too. Is there any truth to this? (BTW I can get the seat belt fastened)
tribar

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 19th, 2015, 6:14 pm
^ I wouldn't count on it. in my opinion, you should try to 'stand up', and pull the lapbar down with you. Also, if you have any fanny packs or lanyards, they won't really fit, but if you move the bulk of it to the side, you should be fine.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Banky on May 19th, 2015, 6:33 pm
i've seen guys with beer belly's lift their gut so the lap bar hit the lap and the fat rests on top.

I've never had an issue with Goliath but have had issues with V2 nearly breaking my bottom rib once and also occasionally have trouble with batman and giant drop. But my issue is a big barrel chest and broad sholders. x-flight just barely locks front row for me. I was so happy when i heard Goliath was lap bar only and not one of those horrible over the shoulder harnesses. although no issues with demon but that is probably cause it doesn't have to "lock" with that seat belt between your legs.
Banky

Postby Jodon on May 20th, 2015, 8:35 am
tribar wrote:Another question:

I've been told that if the seat belt on Goliath fits, than the lap bar should too. Is there any truth to this? (BTW I can get the seat belt fastened)

Not necessarily. I was at Media Day and a large guy sat next to me on the first ride of the day was able to get the seat belt buckled, but he was not able to get the bar low enough. There have also been several walk of shames that I've seen that were able to get the seat belt buckled.
Jodon

Postby coasterrider2 on May 20th, 2015, 11:21 pm
All seats are the same. When you pull down the lapbar, leave it up a few inches. As the ride ops check they usually push down on larger riders and if you leave it up it gives them better leverage. Sit up straight with your feet flat on the floor sitting all the way back. Sit on the side with a dude checking your lapbar because the girls usually don't push down on me much at all. If the lead is up there I tell him to push me down too. I've been able to fit a majority of times I've tried to ride
coasterrider2

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum