Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Free Kids ticket to SFGAM Grades K-6

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Necropolis on December 8th, 2014, 9:43 pm
Here's something for the parents and to liven up the offseason here at sfgamWorld :)

"Read to Succeed is an exciting program that encourages students in grades K through 6 to read for fun. Students who complete six hours of recreational reading earn a FREE ticket to Six Flags! The program is available to teachers and schools at no cost to participate, and it’s a great way to motivate kids to read.

If you are a teacher, program coordinator or home school teacher, you may use this system to register for Six Flags 2014-2015 Read to Succeed program.

Registration deadline is March 2, 2015. \

https://feedback.sixflags.com/rts/registeruser.aspx"

Now, I am not sure if you need to have ana actual teaching email, or can use just any email, but I have not tried it. Since it mentions home teachers, perhaps any email will do, but the ticket will probably state that it's a kids ticket, not a general ticket. :wink:
Necropolis

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 8th, 2014, 9:49 pm
I remember doing this back in the day...

Oh the lies... :P

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on December 9th, 2014, 12:11 am
I remember doing this back in those days as well, except I actually did the reading. :roll:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 9th, 2014, 12:26 am
Yeah, I read up through 4th grade or something. Then I found out that season passes are much easier to do.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby FParker185 on December 9th, 2014, 2:31 am
yeah, I've always had a season pass, don't need to be forced/bribed to read :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on December 9th, 2014, 5:14 pm
I always did that every year but we never used the tickes we received, I didn't like roller coasters at the time.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Necropolis on December 12th, 2014, 3:00 pm
I also remember doing this but I never went when I was younger, the teachers didn't even tell us it was for reading, they would just hand us a ticket at the end of the year as a gift.
Necropolis

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on December 13th, 2014, 4:00 pm
I also remember in 3rd grade that they made it a competition. Whatever class had all of its students finished reading first got a pizza party. Surprisingly it was a pretty intense competition among us, and my class finished first. But if I recal, all but one class (out if 8) had all students finish. That's alot of kids!
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby FParker185 on December 13th, 2014, 10:52 pm
Also, is the Book It program still around? Read a book and get a coupon for a free, no strings attached Pizza Hut personal pizza?
FParker185

Postby CoasterCale on December 14th, 2014, 2:36 am
FParker185 wrote:Also, is the Book It program still around? Read a book and get a coupon for a free, no strings attached Pizza Hut personal pizza?

I started the program in 2006 and I don't recall such a thing all the way up til 2011. (At that point I got a Season Pass and have been a holder since. )
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby FParker185 on December 14th, 2014, 6:46 am
Yeah, that was back in the late 80's/early 90's when I was in grade school, was awesome.
FParker185

Postby Necropolis on December 14th, 2014, 10:41 pm
FParker185 wrote:Also, is the Book It program still around? Read a book and get a coupon for a free, no strings attached Pizza Hut personal pizza?

Oh my, now that brought back memories haha. I do remember this program, but I don't think they do that anymore. Oh, I will mention now that I remembered this, this one time a few years ago, this lady had two extra tickets to SFGAm and she was hanging near the ticket booths. She gave them to us and we figured, hey shes not charging anything so lets take them. What can we lose? Fortunately the tickets did work, got scanned and me and my friend got let in and saved a lot more money. We originally brought coke cans in for a discount, but the lovely lady was so kind im surprised anyone would give away tickets, theyre pricy enough as it is! :D
Necropolis

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum