Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Looking around

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby steve0145 on October 24th, 2014, 12:54 pm
Its seems like the forums has slowed down a lot. Is everybody off on vacations or just moving on from here?
Take a look at my YouTube channel all about Six flags Shows and actors https://www.youtube.com/steve0145
steve0145

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 24th, 2014, 2:50 pm
viewtopic.php?p=228897#p228897

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Superman on October 25th, 2014, 1:43 pm
Just not a whole lot to talk about. FF is the same as last year and theres not construction going on right now. I'm sure it'll pick back up when we see the work their doing for next season
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby stl_jim on November 2nd, 2014, 11:11 pm
I went to Six Flags St. Louis closing weekend and found three magnets that had the raging Bull logo name in bold print with the raging bull roller coaster in the background in the bottom said Six Flags St. Louis! Does anybody know if they ever plan to move this roller coaster from great America to St. Louis in any point? This is most likely some kind of flub on Six Flags is part. I will get pictures up as soon as I can.
stl_jim

Postby DeathbyDinn on November 2nd, 2014, 11:37 pm
^ Those have been there for a long time. Supposedly Raging Bull was supposed to go to SFSTl, but ended up at our park instead.
DeathbyDinn

Postby FParker185 on November 3rd, 2014, 1:54 am
Actually those magnets/keychains were a printing/ordering error about 5 years ago, they still got some. Bull was never slated for SFStL
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Necropolis on December 12th, 2014, 3:38 pm
Phew! Almost had a heart attack there! I think our Park is known for Raging Bull, wouldn't we all agree? Yeah we have Goliath and Xflight now, but Bull has been there a while now.
Necropolis

Postby KI2014 on December 12th, 2014, 3:47 pm
What I've heard about the whole Bull story is that it was originally going to St. Louis and we were supposed to get that pain-in-the-neck pile of wood. I don't remember most of the rest of the story, but I think we got Bull because we were/are a more popular park.
My blood, sweat, and tears:
https://besignsideas.weebly.com
KI2014

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on December 12th, 2014, 7:00 pm
stl_jim wrote:I went to Six Flags St. Louis closing weekend and found three magnets that had the raging Bull logo name in bold print with the raging bull roller coaster in the background in the bottom said Six Flags St. Louis! Does anybody know if they ever plan to move this roller coaster from great America to St. Louis in any point? This is most likely some kind of flub on Six Flags is part. I will get pictures up as soon as I can.

What store did you see them at?
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Brewersdawg828 on December 12th, 2014, 10:35 pm
KI2014 wrote:What I've heard about the whole Bull story is that it was originally going to St. Louis and we were supposed to get that pain-in-the-neck pile of wood. I don't remember most of the rest of the story, but I think we got Bull because we were/are a more popular park.

I've heard we were supposed to get mr freeze reverse blast
Brewersdawg828

Postby CoasterNick3157 on December 12th, 2014, 11:33 pm
^ From what I heard we were. I actually had a SFGAM employee tell me that while stuck in the Demon in 97' but what I heard since the other 2 had problems with the LIMs they decided to scrap that idea for Bull. That I read somewhere on a website. I would rather have Freeze than that V2
CoasterNick3157

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on December 13th, 2014, 9:47 pm
Brewersdawg828 wrote:
KI2014 wrote:What I've heard about the whole Bull story is that it was originally going to St. Louis and we were supposed to get that pain-in-the-neck pile of wood. I don't remember most of the rest of the story, but I think we got Bull because we were/are a more popular park.

I've heard we were supposed to get mr freeze reverse blast

The park was planning on building a launched coaster, similar to the rides at Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis themed to the Batman villain Mr. Freeze. The project was cancelled due to numerous problems with the operation of the original rides, and Camp Cartoon Network kids area was built instead. This would have opened in 1998 I believe.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby FParker185 on December 13th, 2014, 10:50 pm
Yeah, if that did get built, Mr Freeze would have been in the way of Goliath, funny to see how technical issues at a park 350 miles away and almost 18 years ago affected last years Cap Ex :D
FParker185

Postby stl_jim on December 14th, 2014, 2:22 am
I found the magnets at the store that is right next to the exit of hurricane Harbor in St. Louis. I believe I bought the last four.
Mr. freeze is a great ride I don't see them reproduce seen it anywhere else it's outdated . It was supposed to open in 97 all summer long it never opened till 1998. The coaster originally had shoulder harnesses in was really rough on your ears and head piercings.The ride takes up a very large chunk of land . I can't imagine where they would've put this ride at great America.
I live in St. Louis my entire life my wife and I spin vacations at your park because it's so clean in the Rye collection is absolutely amazing. has anyone in the form visited St. Louis Six Flags?
stl_jim

Postby CoasterCale on December 14th, 2014, 2:41 am
^^ I've been to SFStL once for Opening Weekend 2013. It was crazy, opening in late March. The park was covered in snow just the week before. It was enjoyable, but only because everything was a walk-on. I doubt it gets to be around the SFGAm crowd level, but it was nice contrast.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby FParker185 on December 14th, 2014, 6:45 am
The permit filed with the village placed the entrance where Camp Cartoon network is now with a bulk of the ride built where Wilderness theater is. Also those magnets came in 2 sizes and when they first got em about 4-5 years ago they also had key chains and pins, luckily I got a bunch of each, they're getting scarce now at the park.

Also in 2011 a near clone of Mr Freeze was built in Indonesia, shorter than the originals and with the overbank flattened out. I guess you can call it a new coaster based on Mr Freeze.
FParker185

Postby RaceBoarder on December 14th, 2014, 12:11 pm
stl_jim wrote:I found the magnets at the store that is right next to the exit of hurricane Harbor in St. Louis. I believe I bought the last four.
Mr. freeze is a great ride I don't see them reproduce seen it anywhere else it's outdated . It was supposed to open in 97 all summer long it never opened till 1998. The coaster originally had shoulder harnesses in was really rough on your ears and head piercings.The ride takes up a very large chunk of land . I can't imagine where they would've put this ride at great America.
I live in St. Louis my entire life my wife and I spin vacations at your park because it's so clean in the Rye collection is absolutely amazing. has anyone in the form visited St. Louis Six Flags?

Haven't been down there yet, but am considering checking it out sometime this season since I have a Gold Pass now... Might try and catch the Sox/Cardinals series along with SFSTL, but being right before the 4th of July has me hesitant to go to the park... Probably better to try some other time...
RaceBoarder

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 14th, 2014, 5:14 pm
I remember a while back that there was a rumor that Six Flags New England was going to get a near Mr. Freeze Clone called "The Flash". It was part of a 5-year plan that included 2 new coasters. If Wicked Cyclone is considered a new coaster, then maybe The Flash will happen withing a few years. Here is an overview of "The Flash":

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby FParker185 on December 15th, 2014, 6:39 pm
That would be an exact clone of Yamaha that I posted a few posts up, I think SFNE did better with Wicked Cyclone
FParker185

Postby BabyDinosaur on December 23rd, 2014, 7:14 pm
Getting Raging Bull really worked out for us in the end(:
BabyDinosaur

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 23rd, 2014, 7:37 pm
Uh, what?

If your working on raging bull, then please turn off the trim on the first hill. It's Christmas ya know. :-)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby KI2014 on December 30th, 2014, 11:29 pm
So how are everyone's holidays going? The amount of posting on this site has really gone down... Hopefully we will see more activity when construction starts up :?
My blood, sweat, and tears:
https://besignsideas.weebly.com
KI2014

Postby Tardis1972 on December 31st, 2014, 1:15 am
^ My holiday is going good so far.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on December 31st, 2014, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis1972

Postby Necropolis on December 31st, 2014, 5:45 pm
Not to sound like a wet blanket, but this sounds like it could be posted in the off-topics forum where we talk about everything, not just related to the park or amusment park industry alone.

The forum can be found here!: viewforum.php?f=15 :) :)
Necropolis

Postby Viper 88 on January 1st, 2015, 4:23 am
Holidays are alright nothing spectacular. Spectacular holidays went out with the 90's after you stop getting toys things go downhill quicker than Bull. They are just there to me. I used to like them but 93.9 plays the same Xmas songs, I do all the cooking cleaning shopping decorating wrapping its just too much for one person. Plus I never know what I want. Big and fancy items are strictly off the list, usually small to medium things again nothing great, the kinds of things you look at and wonder why you asked for that. Sad and pathetic really. No family to share it with except for the ones I live with, rest of family are 2 faced weasels liars and fools. My " friends" are no better no invites no nothing, we got 2 cards this year and I wasn't even mentioned in one.
Viper 88

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum