Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2015 Season Pass

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Jodon on August 28th, 2014, 11:00 am
With the Labor Day Flash sale on 2015 Season Passes, I have come across a few questions:

1. Why are Six Flags Season Passes different prices depending on your home park? For example, I've looked at 4 different parks so far and each of them have different prices for their non sale season passes, but their sales are different as well. SFGAm is having a sale for 4+ season passes with free upgrade to Gold for $61.99. A great deal, but you need 4 of them. SFMM is selling their Gold Season pass individually for $69.99. SFGAd is having a deal on 2+ season passes with free upgrade to Gold for $61.99. And the best deal is at SFSL where you have to buy 2+ season passes, but you get a free upgrade to Gold for $49.99.

Why would Six Flags have so many different options, when the season passes are good at all parks. I can understand Cedar Fair's season pass costs, where a CF park specific season pass cost is determined by the individual park, but the Platinum pass which gives access to all CF properties is the same cost no matter what park you purchase the pass. As a single person, it is frustrating to see deals that you can't take part of, because you don't want to have to involve other people. I would love it if SFGAm offered the same deal as SFMM.

2. With all of that said, is it possible to purchase a park's, not SFGAm, season pass deal and redeem it at SFGAm?
Jodon

Postby anewman35 on August 28th, 2014, 11:14 am
It's just what Six Flags does. Yes, you can use the passes anywhere, but they assume that most of their sales are going to be to the locals and so they price for what the local market can take. We're a bigger population center than a lot of markets, and we have less competition than some markets, so we don't really get the very best deals (but it's still a very good deal in my opinion).

Some people have sometimes reported that they're able to process the pass vouchers at a different park, but I think technically you can only do it at the park it came from.
anewman35

Postby Banky on August 28th, 2014, 6:42 pm
I had thought about making the trip down to St Louis this weekend spur of the moment to buy mine and my gf's passes and let the family buy the other 7 we buy on their own. But then read that the dining pass i would of added is only good at the park you process at. I wish those dining passes (which are the same price in all parks) would work cross chain. And if St Louis can have a mexican restaurant why the hell don't we? I would love taco's or burrito's with my dining pass....
Banky

Postby anewman35 on September 2nd, 2014, 6:51 am
FYI, they extended the Labor Day sale to the third and they extended the deadline for the free Dining Pass sports bottle to the 28th...
anewman35

Postby Banky on September 2nd, 2014, 12:55 pm
figures. i fought the horrible lines and clueless staff on sunday to get mine.
Banky

Postby RaceBoarder on October 20th, 2014, 8:51 pm
Dumb question:

Bought a 2015 pass from someone 2nd hand... I know I need to process at the park before the season ends to get all the "Gold Pass" upgrades... How is parking handled for this visit to the park? Do I have to pay for the parking on the first visit or did they issue a parking voucher along with the pass voucher?
RaceBoarder

Postby Chitown on October 20th, 2014, 9:29 pm
Dumb answer. :D

Either they charge you at the tollbooth and they refund your money when you process the pass or they just go off your voucher and don't charge at the booth. Regardless, you wont be out any money.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby anewman35 on October 21st, 2014, 4:50 pm
I bought 6 passes all together, all of them came with the pass voucher, the gold upgrade, and the parking pass all on the same sheet of paper. We just showed one of the sheets at the parking booth and they scanned it and it was no problem. I don't know what would happen if your pass voucher didn't also have a parking voucher on it.
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 21st, 2014, 5:10 pm
Then you pay $25!

Much rather would spend it on DDD. :P

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum