Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Tardis1972 on August 8th, 2014, 7:55 am
I really enjoyed SFOG. The park wasn't very busy yesterday and we pretty much walked up yo every coaster accept Dare Devil Dive (my favorite coaster at the park). Here's my take on euro fighters- there very fun, but I don't think Great America should build one. The only problem with SFOG is there aren't many thrill/family rides. There aren't signs that say cleanest park in the world uije Great America (I guess they want to be honest)
Georgia Scorcher was very smooth for a stand up coaster.
Tardis1972

Postby JT3 on August 8th, 2014, 9:06 am
sfgam-fan wrote:You'll probably enjoy the Euro Fighter at SFOG, but there aren't any significant elements in it that aren't already covered in SFGAm's coaster line up. Putting one of those in SFGAm would be redundant in my opinion.

I agree. The only thing would be the vertical drop and lift that would be unique to Great America. Euro Fighters have been all over the place in terms on how I rate the ones Ive been on. SpongeBob is a bit rough, DDD is fun but I don't like how they slow you down at the top and kill the airtime, and Karacho in Germany is awesome. Karacho is a bit different though because it is larger and has a launch. Now a launched Euro-Fighter.....that would be awesome at Great America.
1. Bizarro 2. Expedition GeForce
3. X2 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. El Toro 6. Goliath (SFGAm) 7. Millennium Force 8. Silver Star 9. Apollo's Chariot 10. Goliath (SFOG)
JT3

Postby sfgam-fan on August 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
JT3 wrote:
sfgam-fan wrote:You'll probably enjoy the Euro Fighter at SFOG, but there aren't any significant elements in it that aren't already covered in SFGAm's coaster line up. Putting one of those in SFGAm would be redundant in my opinion.

I agree. The only thing would be the vertical drop and lift that would be unique to Great America. Euro Fighters have been all over the place in terms on how I rate the ones Ive been on. SpongeBob is a bit rough, DDD is fun but I don't like how they slow you down at the top and kill the airtime, and Karacho in Germany is awesome. Karacho is a bit different though because it is larger and has a launch. Now a launched Euro-Fighter.....that would be awesome at Great America.

True, and there's not much difference between an 85 degree drop versus a 90 degree drop. Either way it feels like straight down.
sfgam-fan

Postby JimPanky on August 11th, 2014, 11:50 am
My wish for 2015 get Scooby Doo from SFSTL. I dont know space well could that maybe fit in Mardis Gras? obviously you have RC's s spot and I think some flats, games etc could be moved in the area if needed.
JimPanky

Postby RollingCoasting on August 11th, 2014, 12:18 pm
^

Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:You can't be serious, it is going to close and be redone into most likely a Justice League themed ride. We definitelyare not going to be getting Scooby Doo Ghostblasters.
From HWFan at TPR
"Due to its age, Scooby Doo needs a LOT of maintenance. So what does the park do? They decided to build a new dark ride that's even cooler than Scooby was originally. Instead of using the off-the-shelf Sally Dark Rides cars like Holiday World, the park is getting really cool looking cars. This ride is going to be awesome. The Scooby facade is completely coming down and loading station being covered."

Someone said the same thing in the New Rides for 2015 Thread
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on October 14th, 2014, 5:59 pm
I only got to things on my wish list now. First is a coaster with more than five inversions and second is a coaster that goes 100 mph or more.
Tardis1972

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 14th, 2014, 6:57 pm
I want an airtime machine and an ultra-inverter at the park.

Or turn of Bull's trims.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Jodon on September 3rd, 2015, 9:00 pm
I thought I'd bump this topic as SFGAm just made their 2016 announcements and would be a good place to talk about future hopes and dreams for the park in 2017 and beyond.

I'm becoming more excited about JLBFM, but still skeptical that the management at SFGAm can keep the ride running at tip top shape.

With that said, whatever comes next I hope that SFGAm decides to add a thrill ride in the front right half of the park, possibly replacing the Pictorium soon. If you go right at the carousel, the first major coaster you will hit is either Viper or Demon...that's a pretty lengthy distance from the front of the park, especially compared to the left side from the carousel where you have Superman, Dark Knight, Batman, and V2. A thrill ride in the front right part of the park would balance the park a bit better.

I could potentially see the Pictorium space used for a S&S 4D coaster, or maybe something a bit bigger...but I sincerely doubt that would happen.
Jodon

Postby RollingCoasting on September 3rd, 2015, 9:05 pm
Maybe for Demon's 40th anniversary it could get refurbished like The New Revolution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TFFeS_J7s
Wishful thinking? 8)

(Yes, I know Demon is not a boomerang.)
RollingCoasting

Postby jmanporty7 on September 3rd, 2015, 9:46 pm
On my wish list I have...
- Premier Rides Launch Coaster. Possibly replace Demon. WILL COMPLETE A WELL ROUNDED COASTER COLLECTION!
- New flat ride package. Let's face it...we need some more modern flats.
- Great American SkyScreamer. I hope Six Flags still is planning to build some for the rest of the parks that don't have them. Around 200ft tall.
- Removal of TDK. Our new weakest link now that RC is gone. Maybe location for SkyScreamer mentioned above.
- Larson Super Loop. RC former location is a perfect place to put it and I'll be all for it as long as they don't call it coaster.
- Mardi Gras becomes part of Orleans Place again.
- Yukon Territory retheme to a U.S. National forest. Last time I checked, Yukon was in Canada.
- S&S 4D Free Fly replacing go-karts and Lil' Dipper. There's honestly no point having these rides. Possibly themed to Green Lantern.
- Possibly a water coaster like Black Anaconda at Noah's Ark, Wildebeest at Holiday World, Crush n' Gusher at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon for the waterpark. Replacing the Pictorium.
- And lastly and least likely to happen, an Intamin Giga Coaster. A guy can dream, ok...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby anewman35 on September 3rd, 2015, 10:33 pm
You want us to have a "WELL ROUNDED COASTER COLLECTION", but you want to remove Little Dipper and The Dark Knight, two of the better coasters for kids? Whatever. I get that you're 16 and are all about the thrills, but that's a horrible idea.

I really hope we get a Larson Loop and promote the hell out of it as a new coaster, just to annoy all the people who care so much.

More seriously, I'd like to see something in the Ropes course spot. They could probably move Orbit (to the Trailblazer spot?) if they wanted to open up a bigger area.
anewman35

Postby jmanporty7 on September 3rd, 2015, 10:47 pm
The kids will still have Whizzer, family rides all around the park, 3 kiddie areas including Spacely's, next year JL:BFM which is for pretty much anyone for the most part, you could count maybe Eagle and Viper. I was thinking maybe some flying scooters as part of the flat ride package. I wasn't taking out everything for the little ones there is still a lot for them to do.

jmanporty7

Postby anewman35 on September 3rd, 2015, 10:55 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:The kids will still have Whizzer, family rides all around the park, 3 kiddie areas including Spacely's, next year JL:BFM which is for pretty much anyone for the most part, you could count maybe Eagle and Viper. I was thinking maybe some flying scooters as part of the flat ride package. I wasn't taking out everything for the little ones there is still a lot for them to do.

I have a four year old and a eight year old. Here are the coasters they will go on: Spacely's (both), Little Dipper (both), TDK (both), Whizzer (8 year old only, the four year old loved it last year but won't go this year, who knows why?). So, yeah, I'd kinda be annoyed if they removed two of the coasters they'd go on. (And I don't want to hear from any of you how when you were a kid you went on everything, every kid is different, you know?). If you think TDK and Little Dipper are pointless rides, that's fine (just don't ride them), but in my opinion it's a bit harsh to put removing them as something you wish would happen. I could understand the argument for removing TDK when we had Ragin' Cajun, but removing both seems stupid (as would removing a historic ride that Six Flags just saved a few years ago)
anewman35

Postby jmanporty7 on September 3rd, 2015, 11:00 pm
It's just that Six Flags doesn't seem like the right home for a coaster like Lil' Dipper. A smaller park like Bay Beach, Waldemeer, Lake Compounce, heck even Great Escape would be a better fit for Lil' Dipper, not SFGAm.

jmanporty7

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 3rd, 2015, 11:20 pm
^It's because Great America is 'local'. The whole "Keeping the History Alive" thing wouldn't work at those other parks, as none of the GP from Waldameer have been to Northeastern Illinois and said "You know what, Kiddie Land sounds like a great place to go." Mobody would know about Kiddie Land and Little Dipper's past. We do. They don't. If you want to relocate Little Dipper, relocate in the park. Ragin' Cajun's spot fits it nice.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Jacklw6499 on September 3rd, 2015, 11:29 pm
My Updated Wish List:
- Premier Rides Full Circuit Launch Coaster or even better Intamin Blitz
- Refurbishment / Overhaul of American Eagle: New Trains, Re-Track, New Paint
- Awesome GCII Coaster: These things can be compact and it would only add to the biggest, best collection of wood coasters in the world! I feel like a GCII coaster would be an amazing ride and on the cheaper side.
- S&S Screamin' Swing
- S&S 4D Free Fly Coaster
- Zamperla Air Race
- B&M Dive Coaster / Floorless Coaster (One or the other).
- Near 2020+ Intamin or B&M Giga (preferably Intamin).
Well that's all folks! I know pretty much none of this will come true and this is pretty much all thrilling attractions but hey... I guy can dream right? :)
Last edited by Jacklw6499 on September 16th, 2015, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 4th, 2015, 12:07 am
^I've got a pretty similar one:

-Premier Full Circuit Launch
-Airtime Machine(either Intamin/Mack Blitz or a Chance Hyper-GTX)
-S&S Screamin' Swing
-S&S 4D FreeSpin
-Multi Looper(7+ Inversions)
-Giga. Now that I KNOW a lot of people want one, I'll just add my dreams to the pile.
-Water Coaster(ala Wildebeest at HW, Deluge at KK, Crush n' Gusher at Disney TL, etc)
-Zero-G Wall slide(ala Hyena Falls at HW)
-Eagle Revamp
-Demon 'Revamp'(new trains, new paint, new tunnel lights with LEDs, etc)
-Air Race
-Sky Screamer

Big list, but I think most of it is at least doable.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby gottastrata33 on September 4th, 2015, 12:43 am
I see no point in removing anything we currently have. You have no logic in wanting this coaster gone when it was such a big deal & still is that the park went into that auction at KiddieLand in 2009. Little Dipper is an icon for some many locals, including myself. It was my first roller coaster as a kid in the 90's. Words cannot express what I felt when I read SFGAm bought it, it truly has been one of if not the greatest choice the park & SF has made. When my cousin was tall enough to ride roller coasters, I rode it with her for her first roller coaster & harass me all you want over this but, it was almost emotional for me to experience this memory with her. I will never forget what that felt like to have her curl into me & scream only to see her face light up as she decided to be brave seconds before the brake run & put her hands up! You see this with so many families at the park & it warms my heart. My only issue is its poor location in the park. I really wish they had kept the rides up in BBNP (the ball pit/climbing play area had to go) instead of putting the gokarts next to a Chicago icon.

The park said Demon isnt going anywhere anytime soon. & I hope it doesnt. I understand it cant last forever but she has a longer life ahead of her here - I hope.

As for all the wishing on a giga, I will promise you you'd want a B&M over an intamin. They're re-rideability (thats not a real word) & reliability are far greater than any Intamin. Leviathan & Fury325 are such great coasters & Fury is actually the most perfect coaster I've ever been on. Both of these B&M gigas are my top 2 coasters in my top 10. I'd freak if we even got half as great of a coaster here at Great America! It would be such a great companion to Raging Bull as well, they would compliment one another in the park tremendously. Just as they do at Wonderland & Carowinds.

I find it so odd that we seem to be the only park lately building bigger rides like XF & Goliath. No one else has a from the ground up RMC, they're all conversions & no one else has a wing coaster which alone was a HUGE investment/purchase. BESIDES the hybrids/RMC conversions, the SF parks are building a lot more smaller, shorter coasters that they can still market as major coasters. Who was the last park to get a B&M besides us & the relocated "Chang" & "Iron Wolf"? The chains all new major coasters have been Green Lantern(SFMM), XFlight & Goliath here, Superman UF (SFDK), Full Throttle, Batman (SFFT), Total Mayhem, & Dare Devil Dive. Now break this down .... Until yesterday's cloned announcement of Total Mayhem. No other park in the chain has another one of these!! Only one park in the chain has a FT like ride, a zacspin, a eurofighter, a wooden RMC, a B&M wing coaster, or a premier sky rocket II. WEIRD maybe I'm lookin too into it but every time one of these coaster models were released, I thought wed see similar if not clones come to the other parks across the country. But, this is also keeping the park rather unique & for that reason, I like it. but when you look at CF parks, their parks are building this $20M+ B&Ms as their major coasters.

I'd love to see a different version of a Full throttle, a Total Mayhem, or of course a giga at SFGAm. I think any of these would be major hits wit our park. I'd only like to see an American Eagle conversion IF they keep the American "theme" to it. "The NEW American Eagle" or "Rebel" for example. Cause I'll be completely honest, I was nervous AE was going to be converted to a DC themed coaster this morning & that just leaves me...unsettled lol.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on September 4th, 2015, 7:11 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^It's because Great America is 'local'. The whole "Keeping the History Alive" thing wouldn't work at those other parks, as none of the GP from Waldameer have been to Northeastern Illinois and said "You know what, Kiddie Land sounds like a great place to go." Mobody would know about Kiddie Land and Little Dipper's past. We do. They don't. If you want to relocate Little Dipper, relocate in the park. Ragin' Cajun's spot fits it nice.

Bay Beach up in Green Bay, WI kept the history alive by receiving Zippin Pippin from the former Libertyland in Tennessee.
jmanporty7

Postby rb1 on September 4th, 2015, 8:28 am
It seems like sf days of building big intamin and b&m are gone. If you want to ride new intamins or b&M you either gotta go to their competitors. Cedar fair or even busch seaworld and universal heck even Disney trying to amp up their thrill rides by adding new coasters. Wishing or hoping for a giga is out of the question especially with the height restrictions up here unless they want to dig a tunnel underground that could add a couple of feet or so to the coaster. Since 2016 is the year of the clones for sf im guessing 2017 will be the same either a larson or S&S 4d for us or the other sf parks or the return of showstoppin. It would be nice to see something big in the future but I dont know if thats even gonna happen.
rb1

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 4th, 2015, 8:33 am
By technicality, we CAN build the tallest Giga, you know. ;-)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on September 4th, 2015, 4:56 pm
What I Want to see next year: (1 of the 3)
- Makeover of Camp Cartoon similar to Bugs Bunny Boomtown/ DC Superfriends using the Wilderness Theater area
- Proslide Hydro Magnetic Waterslide like Mammoth or Wildebeest at Holiday World
- Demon with Lap Bars Only

What will probably happen:
- Larson Looper or other Flat Ride(s)
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby dlmtechnology on September 4th, 2015, 7:11 pm
rb1 wrote: Since 2016 is the year of the clones ...

The Clone Wars? Isn't that a Disney owned franchise now....SF should know better :lol:
dlmtechnology

Postby ilrider on September 5th, 2015, 8:00 am
jmanporty7 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^It's because Great America is 'local'. The whole "Keeping the History Alive" thing wouldn't work at those other parks, as none of the GP from Waldameer have been to Northeastern Illinois and said "You know what, Kiddie Land sounds like a great place to go." Mobody would know about Kiddie Land and Little Dipper's past. We do. They don't. If you want to relocate Little Dipper, relocate in the park. Ragin' Cajun's spot fits it nice.

Bay Beach up in Green Bay, WI kept the history alive by receiving Zippin Pippin from the former Libertyland in Tennessee.

"Receiving" is used loosely, keep in mind, as Zippin Pippin at Bay Beach is a Gravity Group design based off the original ride, not the original ride actually relocated like Little Dipper is. ZP is a fun ride!
ilrider

Postby The DEMON on November 11th, 2015, 9:07 am
personally i wish that great america would take out some coasters and the go carts and bring back some of that great america charm that Marriott's Great america had
The DEMON

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum