Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby FParker185 on July 28th, 2014, 12:29 am
Actually the roll was removed from maverick because during the limited amount of testing it had with it there, the car couplers were being damaged. People who had ridden the heartline there said it was pretty fun and not uncomfortable as compared with the rest of the ride. It was a poor design on Intamin's part to design the track to do something beyond what the rolling stock can handle. Same goes for Shoot the Rapids Boats that did not fit in the trough. Stuff like that is why they are falling out of favor.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby jmanporty7 on July 28th, 2014, 7:28 am
Tardis1972 wrote:My only question is where could a launch coaster be built.

I was thinking they can tear down Roaring Rapids and put it there and use some of Ragin Cajuns former spot. And if they really need the more room, just take down TDK, because after the first year of its operation, it lost basically all of its popularity that it had opening year. And plus, SFGAm is to good of a park to have a boring old Wild Mouse coaster.
jmanporty7

Postby tribar on July 28th, 2014, 7:43 am
It wouldn't surprise me if Intamin went out of business in the next 10-20 years. More and more parks are going with Premier, Mack and B&M. It certainly doesn't help that B&M is doing launch coasters now.
tribar

Postby Brewersdawg828 on July 28th, 2014, 10:34 am
jmanporty7 wrote:

I was thinking they can tear down Roaring Rapids and put it there and use some of Ragin Cajuns former spot. And if they really need the more room, just take down TDK, because after the first year of its operation, it lost basically all of its popularity that it had opening year. And plus, SFGAm is to good of a park to have a boring old Wild Mouse coaster.

Roaring rapids is way to popular of a ride especially on hot days. It's he best wet ride in the park and if we were to put in a launch coaster takeout the go karts and buccaneer battle and put it in Yukon Territory and give it a lumberjack theme or something because we all know how far Yukon lacks behind the rest of the park in major attractions
Brewersdawg828

Postby RaceBoarder on July 28th, 2014, 10:42 am
DejaVu2001 wrote:^ Lex Luthor is good. Zumanjaro has been, and likely always will be a total disaster, but that is not Intamin's fault. That is Six Flags' fault for not doing their homework and making sure New Jersey was okay with Zumanjaro and Kingda Ka running at the same time before they built the damned thing :lol:

Could you elaborate on this? Why did New Jersey have a problem with both rides going at the same time?
RaceBoarder

Postby tribar on July 28th, 2014, 10:47 am
RaceBoarder wrote:
DejaVu2001 wrote:^ Lex Luthor is good. Zumanjaro has been, and likely always will be a total disaster, but that is not Intamin's fault. That is Six Flags' fault for not doing their homework and making sure New Jersey was okay with Zumanjaro and Kingda Ka running at the same time before they built the damned thing :lol:

Could you elaborate on this? Why did New Jersey have a problem with both rides going at the same time?

I believe it's because thy are afraid that loose articles will fall out of Kingda Ka's riders' pockets and onto Zumanjaro riders
tribar

Postby jmanporty7 on July 28th, 2014, 11:07 am
Brewersdawg828 wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:

Roaring rapids is way to popular of a ride especially on hot days. It's he best wet ride in the park and if we were to put in a launch coaster takeout the go karts and buccaneer battle and put it in Yukon Territory and give it a lumberjack theme or something because we all know how far Yukon lacks behind the rest of the park in major attractions

That's true. I guess they can just replace the Demon with a launch coaster too, because we all know that's sadly leaving anytime soon.
jmanporty7

Postby ilrider on July 28th, 2014, 11:45 am
The flume rides (Logger's Run and Yankee Clipper) area is probably the biggest single space the park could open up for a future coaster if they removed them, but I don't know if I see that happening anytime soon. Some parks are doing away with their flume rides, but it's nice to have them on a hot day when you don't want to be in HH or ride Roaring Rapids, and they are fun.
ilrider

Postby anewman35 on July 28th, 2014, 11:55 am
jmanporty7 wrote:

I was thinking they can tear down Roaring Rapids and put it there and use some of Ragin Cajuns former spot.

As others have said, that's probably not happening. However, I do think they could probably keep the ride and still use some of the land around it. Add in RC and maybe some of the land by flumes and/or the stores across from Superman and they could potentially have a pretty big area.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on July 28th, 2014, 11:57 am
ilrider wrote:The flume rides (Logger's Run and Yankee Clipper) area is probably the biggest single space the park could open up for a future coaster if they removed them, but I don't know if I see that happening anytime soon. Some parks are doing away with their flume rides, but it's nice to have them on a hot day when you don't want to be in HH or ride Roaring Rapids, and they are fun.

I doubt they'd remove both of them, but I'm pretty sure they could remove one without too much impact.
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 28th, 2014, 5:21 pm
If you look, the space from Pictorium, through Demon, and ending at/around SWA, can open a lot of land.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Superman on July 28th, 2014, 6:15 pm
They could also remove the Go-Carts and Buccaneer Battle and put it there.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby anewman35 on July 28th, 2014, 6:42 pm
Superman wrote:They could also remove the Go-Carts and Buccaneer Battle and put it there.

Certainly true, but I doubt they'd remove the Go-Carts just a few years after bulldozing a perfectly nice kids area to move them there. That said, almost anything would be a better use of the space than the Go-Carts in my opinion (but I'm sure the park disagrees, since they must be pretty profitable).
anewman35

Postby Jacklw6499 on July 28th, 2014, 7:15 pm
FParker185 wrote:Actually the roll was removed from maverick because during the limited amount of testing it had with it there, the car couplers were being damaged. People who had ridden the heartline there said it was pretty fun and not uncomfortable as compared with the rest of the ride. It was a poor design on Intamin's part to design the track to do something beyond what the rolling stock can handle. Same goes for Shoot the Rapids Boats that did not fit in the trough. Stuff like that is why they are falling out of favor.

Actually believe it was wheel damage, the trains would of been replaced every 5 years. Only the man who tested it experienced the roll. http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/community/showthread.php?287-IAAPA-Attractions-Expo-2007-Part-II&p=4569#post4569
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Superman on July 28th, 2014, 10:03 pm
anewman35 wrote:
Superman wrote:They could also remove the Go-Carts and Buccaneer Battle and put it there.

Certainly true, but I doubt they'd remove the Go-Carts just a few years after bulldozing a perfectly nice kids area to move them there. That said, almost anything would be a better use of the space than the Go-Carts in my opinion (but I'm sure the park disagrees, since they must be pretty profitable).

That's definitely true. I think if they decide to remove BB though, they might go ahead and remove the Go-Carts to make enough room to build a coaster.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby Superman on July 28th, 2014, 10:05 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:
FParker185 wrote:Actually the roll was removed from maverick because during the limited amount of testing it had with it there, the car couplers were being damaged. People who had ridden the heartline there said it was pretty fun and not uncomfortable as compared with the rest of the ride. It was a poor design on Intamin's part to design the track to do something beyond what the rolling stock can handle. Same goes for Shoot the Rapids Boats that did not fit in the trough. Stuff like that is why they are falling out of favor.

Actually believe it was wheel damage, the trains would of been replaced every 5 years. Only the man who tested it experienced the roll. http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/community/showthread.php?287-IAAPA-Attractions-Expo-2007-Part-II&p=4569#post4569

My opinion of intamin just keeps getting worse and worse haha
Superman

Postby Tardis1972 on July 29th, 2014, 12:16 am
I have some more BS for you guys. Look at the wiki page for great adventure. Of corse I don't believe that any of the future coaster listed are real. I just want to see your guys reaction when you see the Great adventure wiki page and how far they litsted for future coasters.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on July 29th, 2014, 12:06 pm
Someone just wrote that to confuse people and spread rumors. Anyone can edit Wikia. And what kind of name is Scooby Doo: First Flight?
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on July 29th, 2014, 12:31 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Someone just wrote that to confuse people and spread rumors. Anyone can edit Wikia. And what kind of name is Scooby Doo: First Flight?

I know that there just rumors. As soon as I saw the 2028 coasters, I knew they were fake. It just bothers me that someone would do this.
Tardis1972

Postby anewman35 on July 29th, 2014, 1:08 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Someone just wrote that to confuse people and spread rumors. Anyone can edit Wikia. And what kind of name is Scooby Doo: First Flight?

I know that there just rumors. As soon as I saw the 2028 coasters, I knew they were fake. It just bothers me that someone would do this.

If you ever see anything that hasn't been officially announced that's more than a year away you should know it's fake.
anewman35

Postby Tardis1972 on July 29th, 2014, 1:40 pm
anewman35 wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:

If you ever see anything that hasn't been officially announced that's more than a year away you should know it's fake.

I know that.
Tardis1972

Postby skibum101184 on July 29th, 2014, 2:33 pm
tribar wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Intamin went out of business in the next 10-20 years. More and more parks are going with Premier, Mack and B&M. It certainly doesn't help that B&M is doing launch coasters now.

But B&M only has one 'launch' coaster built and one in the works. IH at Universal uses a tire system for launch, and Thunderbird will be using a flywheel. If B&M hasn't used LIM/LSM technology yet, why would they start using it now?
skibum101184

Postby ilrider on July 29th, 2014, 3:33 pm
skibum101184 wrote:
tribar wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Intamin went out of business in the next 10-20 years. More and more parks are going with Premier, Mack and B&M. It certainly doesn't help that B&M is doing launch coasters now.

But B&M only has one 'launch' coaster built and one in the works. IH at Universal uses a tire system for launch, and Thunderbird will be using a flywheel. If B&M hasn't used LIM/LSM technology yet, why would they start using it now?

Thunderbird is an LSM launch. It has been confirmed by HW and is mentioned in the ride stats. The fly wheel is used to store the energy before the launch, as I understand it.
ilrider

Postby Tardis1972 on August 7th, 2014, 6:23 am
I'm going to SFOG today and believe it or not this will be my second six flags park I've been to.
I won't be taking a euro fighter off my list until I ride dare devil dive, then I will decide if I want one or not.
Tardis1972

Postby sfgam-fan on August 8th, 2014, 12:56 am
You'll probably enjoy the Euro Fighter at SFOG, but there aren't any significant elements in it that aren't already covered in SFGAm's coaster line up. Putting one of those in SFGAm would be redundant in my opinion.
sfgam-fan

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum