Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2015

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Superman on July 23rd, 2014, 5:37 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:I want to assume that he rode a Floorless and hated it. I Posted awhile ago that I hate Skyscreamers and now I love them.

Actually I've never ridden a floorless coaster. X-Flight and Sheikra are the closes I've ridden to a floorless coaster.

In that case, you should probably think about your posts a little bit before you post them haha
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2014, 8:09 pm
sfgam-fan wrote:Floorless coasters are gimmicky in my opinion. If your legs are short enough, Raging Bull gives the same experience since your legs don't touch the floor of the train.

SFGAm got rid of Iron Wolf not because it was a stand up coaster, but because it wasn't a very good coaster. Chang was rumored to come to SFGAm but then it went to Great Adventure instead. I can see SFGAm doing another stand up someday, but not in the immediate future.

And since the park looks horrible, I wouldn't mind if they spent the next 2 years painting, landscaping, and replacing the blacktop with some nice pavers.

General Park Improvements are greatly needed, but it's been a while since our last thrill ride or rides which were KC and Revolution in 2004

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby nick42085 on July 23rd, 2014, 9:31 pm
Things I would love to see: skyscreamer

Things that will not happen: skyscreamer
Subscribe to my youtube at

Youtube.com/user/nick42085

"I'm Nick and I haven't rode a coaster since June 10th 2014"
nick42085

Postby Goku1910 on July 24th, 2014, 12:01 pm
What I want to see....It's not even a ride.

Restore Hometown square.
Park Improvements: This includes pretty much everything from paint, removal of asphalt, etc.
This one is a long shot but it's been an idea of mine for a while....Use the rides from BBNP to expand/rename/re-theme Kidzopolis.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby sfgam-fan on July 24th, 2014, 2:25 pm
Goku1910 wrote:What I want to see....It's not even a ride.

Restore Hometown square.
Park Improvements: This includes pretty much everything from paint, removal of asphalt, etc.
This one is a long shot but it's been an idea of mine for a while....Use the rides from BBNP to expand/rename/re-theme Kidzopolis.

As long as the repainting doesn't make the park look like this!

sfgam-fan

Postby Goku1910 on July 24th, 2014, 2:30 pm
They could have simply removed cyber from "Cyber Cafe" and it would still be better than that.
Goku1910

Postby kossdude1 on July 24th, 2014, 5:29 pm
When they painted the stand for the Go Fresh Cafe in the County Fair Food Court, I didn't mind that much, considering that each restaurant in that food court has its own special taste. However, this new repaint to the Not-So-Cyber Cafe is just hideous and stands out too much in this Orleans inspired area.

Honestly, this paint job would've looked better in Mardi Gras if the Cyber Cafe was in there. It'd fit in much better with the exotic colors of Mardi Gras. It doesn't fit into the French Quarter atmosphere whatsoever (I've been to N'awlins, so I know first hand :lol: )

*end of rant*
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby anewman35 on July 24th, 2014, 8:55 pm
Just an FYI on the dates we can expect to find out what's actually happening:

Six Flags is making their announcements this year on August 28th, so we should know for sure then.

If it's going to be anything over 125 ft, it'll have to be approved by the Gurnee Planning And Zoning Board. They have meetings scheduled August 6th and August 20th, if last year is any indication they'll do the August 20th one (again, IF they need to). The webpage for that is at http://www.gurnee.il.us/PZB/schedule, if you want to keep checking to see if they ever update the agendas. If they are going to do this, we'll also see a sign in front of the park, looks like it was up last year by August 8th.

Looks like for at least the last two years they started doing teasers on August 1st. I know the PR guy has changed this year, but that's just something to think about.
anewman35

Postby jasonm on July 24th, 2014, 10:19 pm
i want to see a stunt show!
jasonm

Postby Foltzy on July 24th, 2014, 10:52 pm
jasonm wrote:i want to see a stunt show!

Don't you remember having one that was a complete flop?
Foltzy

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 25th, 2014, 1:36 am
^ We've also had ones that were very successful. I think bringing back a cowboy themed stunt show would do very well for the park and could bring some life back into an ugly, neglected corner of the park.
DeathbyDinn

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 25th, 2014, 2:09 am
If they do a stunt show, they have to do it right.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby [jonrev] on July 25th, 2014, 5:05 am
A real stunt show? On the park's own entertainment budget? Keep dreaming - probably the biggest reason the Batman and WB Western Stunt Shows were so good back in the day was because Time Warner owned Six Flags at the time.
[jonrev]

Postby coasterfanatic on July 25th, 2014, 2:22 pm
So here is my take:

I am counting out a roller coaster. With the park receiving two big coasters in three years, I just don't see another big one happening for a while. And we would have to remove another coaster/ride in order to put one in.

I don't think a Skyscreamer will happen either. That has been rumored for a while but Great America has been building rides recently that are unique to our park (X Flight, Goliath,) so I don't think they jump into that ship. X Flight is so unique that no other Six Flags park has one yet (I expect that to change though).

My best guess right now is a dark ride. The park hasn't gotten any good new flat rides in a while and I think a dark ride would be perfect. Hank has talked about how he has wanted one, and the old MagiQuest space in county Fair would be perfect. I went to the haunted house in that spot last year, and that space is MUCH bigger than one may think. The only way they "retheme" Dark Knight is if they decide to drop naming rights for it. Otherwise, that will stay the way it is in my opinion.

I also don't think the water park will be expanded. apparently, the current size was all part of the original plan and I think the park is happy with it, in its current state.

With Pictorium going unused this year, I think it will see it last days during Fright Fest. It may close permanently and still sit dormant for a while until they decide to do soemthing with the land, but its clear they don't have any content for it besides the hypnotist!

I also would like to see southwest ampitheater go as well, as that is always an used space as well. I do not think we will lose any coasters this year. Buccaneer Battle may go at somepoint...it just depends on when the park decides that that investment was a lost cause and the space can be better used for something else! It was an interesting concept but you can get SOO wet on the ride that it would need to a hot day in order to go on it. It probably would have done better in the water park.

I also think the a RMC treatment of American Eagle is off the table! That was the rumor for last year before Goliath was announced.

Finally, someone mentioned backwards rides again and I am confident that that will TOTALLY happen again. Eagle and Viper will DEFINITELY go backwards again at somepoint. (Viper is my favorite of the backwards rides) X Flight is possible since B&M already turned a few rows of Swarm backwards already. Backwards won't happen again though until a year when the park doesn't get a new ride! (Eagle might go backwards for Fright Fest or end of the regular season before that)
coasterfanatic

Postby Coaster Justin on July 26th, 2014, 1:35 am
Foltzy wrote:
jasonm wrote:i want to see a stunt show!

Don't you remember having one that was a complete flop?

It had a good premise and a few good pop-culture jokes but yeah... I think the problem was it was advertised as a stunt show instead of a kids show.

Maybe if they intensified it and had teens/adults instead of YA, It might do better. I've also had ideas of a "Festival of the Lion King" like show but with Looney Tunes characters instead.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Viper 88 on July 26th, 2014, 9:10 am
No rides decent paint jobs on rides that sorely need it *cough *eagle *cough. Bringing back Marriott Music. real food, themeing, the characters. I could go on.
Viper 88

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 26th, 2014, 11:35 pm
If there ever was a chance of our park getting an S&S Screamin Swing, I'm pretty sure that now there is no chance. It happened last year and it just happened again, this time there seem to be injuries. Reports say there is a broken leg and that the cable hit a fence causing it to break and wood flew into a park guy and hit his mouth. Hopefully there aren't any other injuries. We need to see once more information is released though.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 27th, 2014, 1:02 am
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:If there ever was a chance of our park getting an S&S Screamin Swing, I'm pretty sure that now there is no chance.

Right, just like how no drop towers have been built since the girl got her feet cut off by one.

Oh wait.. :roll:
DeathbyDinn

Postby RollingCoasting on July 27th, 2014, 1:05 am
DeathbyDinn wrote:
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:If there ever was a chance of our park getting an S&S Screamin Swing, I'm pretty sure that now there is no chance.

Right, just like how no drop towers have been built since the girl got her feet cut off by one.

People also thought we weren't going to get an RMC after what happened with NTAG, but now we have Goliath
RollingCoasting

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 27th, 2014, 1:53 am
I am not talking about injuries as much as I am talking about reliability. Last year, Skyhawk had a cable snap and was down for a very good part of the season if i remember correctly. This year, another cable snaps which will obviously shut the ride down, and at this moment we are unsure about injuries.
I am just saying that in 2 years there have been two cable snaps on the same ride, and I see that as a reliability issue (at least on Cedar Point's installation).
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby FParker185 on July 27th, 2014, 2:00 am
Aftermath...

edit:
It wasn't the drive cable that snapped this time. It was a structural component, which is significantly scarier.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby tribar on July 27th, 2014, 8:09 am
RollingCoasting wrote:
DeathbyDinn wrote:

People also thought we weren't going to get an RMC after what happened with NTAG, but now we have Goliath

That wasn't on RMC, it was on Gerstlauer. They were the ones who made the trains.
tribar

Postby DejaVu2001 on July 27th, 2014, 9:12 am
^ Thank you. Not enough people get that :)
DejaVu2001

Postby RollingCoasting on July 27th, 2014, 10:21 am
DejaVu2001 wrote:^ Thank you. Not enough people get that :)

Do I have to include every little detail in my sentence?
RollingCoasting

Postby DejaVu2001 on July 27th, 2014, 10:25 am
^ Yes. :lol:

Seriously though, I wasn't singling you out at all, you never implied it was RMC's fault, I was referring to the numerous other people here, on TPR/CoasterBuzz, or worse, Facebook who think it was either (A) RMC or (B) Six Flags Over Texas' fault.

Now lets all just sit back and watch this topic get totally derailed. At least no trees were involved :lol:
DejaVu2001

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum