Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Park info for tomorrow - Ride order - tips

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby djgugl on July 22nd, 2014, 6:55 pm
Hi all, this is the first time posting to the forum and myself and 4 others are planning a trip to GA tomorrow morning. We plan on arriving as early as possible, because it seems that the key to avoiding a long wait on Goliath is to ride it first thing. My questions are as follows;
When do the parking lots open for the day?
My friend has a buy one get one coupon that I plan to use right away at the admissions booth using my Discover Card (apparently I get extra rewards for using it at the park), do ticket sales open the same time as the parking lot?
I plan to use the Discover entrance, and then once they open the park at 10:00am (correct?) I can be one of the first in and head toward Goliath right away.... after that would it matter whichever coaster/rides we head to next if we plan on hitting all the major rides at least once?
Should I then head straight to X-Flight, or hold out on that one until later since a lot of people will be near Goliath and X-Flight since they are in the same section?
Any advice or tips would be most appreciated!

Dave
djgugl

Postby Superman on July 22nd, 2014, 7:21 pm
I don't know when the ticket booths or parking lots open for the day, but I believe I've seen some people saying that they've arrived as early as 9am. As for your second ride I would say to try and head over to Superman since that has been having ridiculous waits lately, and then head towards Raging Bull. All rides have been having long waits though, so you could also just follow the circle and not spend time running all over the park.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 22nd, 2014, 7:36 pm
Head to Goliath, then X Flight, American Eagle, ALL big rides in Southwest Territory(Giant Drop, Raging Bull, and Viper), Demon, Whizzer, head to Orleans Place, do Superman, TDK for the cred and ONLY for the cred, Batman, and V2. Squeeze in some flats as well, like Revolution, King Chaos, and Triple Play. Do water rides if you want, I'd recommend Roaring Rapids and Logger's Run. Have lunch at JB's Sports Bar, as it has AC. Also, get Flash Pass if you want. Fun rides with almost no lines are American Eagle, Viper, and X Flight.

Have fun!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterForce99 on July 22nd, 2014, 8:50 pm
I'm going tomorrow too! Last week when I went, we went to goliath first thing, but found the wait was longer in the morning than afternoon. (On a Tuesday) either way, you will have PLENTY of Time to get on everything, and the longest line besides goliath you will have to wait in will probably only be 45 minutes, even for raging bull.
CoasterForce99

Postby djgugl on July 24th, 2014, 10:44 am
Thanks for all the tips all! Had a phenomenal time yesterday...

Got to park about 9:30 just as they were letting cars in the South parking lot. Parked first row by Hurricane Harbor. Got into park right as they opened at 10. Fast-walked to Goliath line-up and waited our turn, I think we were the 13th train if I counted correctly. Goliath was worth it - so awesome! We were off of it at about 11:00. Except for getting stuck on X-Flight for 10 minutes waiting to get back into the station after our ride the rest of our day went smoothly. Oh and one thing though, they wouldn't let my buddy ride V2 because they couldn't buckle him all the way in.... They managed to squeeze him into Batman fine though, so maybe it just depends on the operator?

Here's what we did in order:
Goliath
AE - Blue (only side open at the time)
X-Flight
Revolution
Bull
Ricochet
River Rocker
(skipped Giant Drop and Chubasco)
Viper
Orbit
Demon
Whizzer
Triple Play
HTFM
(dinner in car)
Superman
Dark Night
King Chaos
East River Crawler
V2
Fiddler's Fling
Whirligig
Batman
Orbit
(caught the very end of the parade as we got off Orbit)
djgugl

Postby Chitown on July 24th, 2014, 5:40 pm
^Not an operator thing. V2 is alot more restrictive than Batman.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum