Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2015

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on July 20th, 2014, 2:08 pm
If I had to make a guess it's diameter is larger enough, but the location makes it impossible. Another problem is the Sky Screamer would rotate until it cleared above Eagle.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby anewman35 on July 20th, 2014, 2:13 pm
Brewersdawg828 wrote:
Theoretically, could six flags put a skyscreamer in the helix of the eagle? I know it would be impossible to do because of where it's at, but if they did choose to do that would the space be large enough?

Just looking at Google Maps, yes, looks like they could, but, yeah, probably impossible for various other reasons.
anewman35

Postby w00dland on July 20th, 2014, 4:04 pm
Eagle's helix is supported by steel wire at the bottom of that helix that connects to its supports throughout the barrel, so while it'd be a unique place to put a flat ride it would likely be impossible.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby CoasterMike on July 20th, 2014, 5:10 pm
Six Flags can't build any rides (flat or roller coasters) that close to I-94 anyway.
CoasterMike

Postby anewman35 on July 20th, 2014, 7:54 pm
CoasterMike wrote:Six Flags can't build any rides (flat or roller coasters) that close to I-94 anyway.

As I say every time anybody says something like this, I'd love to see some proof of this (beyond "somebody told me!"). There's a slide tower in HH that's almost as close to the Tollway as the Eagle is, and there are buildings across the Tollway even closer to the road than the Eagle is, so I'm not entirely sure I believe it.

I'm a little more likely to believe the related rumor about not building anything so close to Washington Street again, but, again, I'd love to have proof of it.
anewman35

Postby mattberg on July 20th, 2014, 8:39 pm
So this is a long shot and would never happen but i do think would be very unique to see at the park, but to do a sky screamer around the Giant Drop lol. Build a deck above the Giant Drop loading Station with the loading for Sky Screamer on this deck. Even a facade could be created to hide the Giant Drops loading as if they plummet into the Abyss. Maybe even change the name permanently to the Fright Fest (HELLAVATOR)!!! :twisted: Imagine the views around 200ft the air and being able to watch the terror on faces when the Giant Drops at the same time. Just a thought.
mattberg

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 21st, 2014, 4:27 pm
I went on STT to look at the space for my idea, and I was like ZOMG THATS LIKE A TON OF SPACE!!!!1!1!1!!!one

Easily can fit a good out-back airtime machine.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 21st, 2014, 4:49 pm
^ So basically, it would be like Goliath at La Ronde, but much taller?
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 21st, 2014, 5:08 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:^ So basically, it would be like Goliath at La Ronde, but much taller?

Yes. And a tad longer.

But I was thinking, should it start on SWT, or should Carousel Plaza actually get a coaster?

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 21st, 2014, 8:09 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Yes. And a tad longer.

But I was thinking, should it start on SWT, or should Carousel Plaza actually get a coaster?

If they did do this eventually, then good. We need a nice long coaster.

If it where to go in Carousel Plaza, would there even be any name to match the coaster's section? Though I agree that Carousel Plaza could use a coaster of it's own. Maybe they could just give it a generic/Or just non-fitting name for the area like most rides at the park.

Southwest Territory on the other hand, has loads of options that fit the theme:

Detonator - A device you use to trigger an explosive device
Explosivo - Sounds cool and fits the theme
Asesino (Spanish for Assassin)
And a lot more.
RollingCoasting

Postby mattberg on July 23rd, 2014, 12:35 am
I do think a nice long floorless coaster like Kracken at Sea World would be a perfect addition to the park to.
mattberg

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 23rd, 2014, 12:40 am
mattberg wrote:I do think a nice long floorless coaster like Kracken at Sea World would be a perfect addition to the park to.

A floorless is honestly quite similar to a wingrider, X-Flight, which we already have.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2014, 12:55 am
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:
mattberg wrote:I do think a nice long floorless coaster like Kracken at Sea World would be a perfect addition to the park to.

A floorless is honestly quite similar to a wingrider, X-Flight, which we already have.

True. And I really don't think a floorless coaster is likely in the coming years as Six Flags really hasn't added one to any of their parks in a while. The only exception is if another parks gets rid of theirs and Six Flags sends it here since the last two coasters we got were brand new. But even if that happened it wouldn't be for a couple of years.
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on July 23rd, 2014, 1:21 am
GA doesn't need a floorless coaster. What GA really needs is a standup or sitdown looping coaster (B&M). Which would you rather see, sitdown or standup?

I'm not expecting a coaster in 2015. I still think we're going to see a dark ride in 2015.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2014, 1:32 am
Tardis1972 wrote:GA doesn't need a floorless coaster. What GA really needs is a standup or sitdown looping coaster (B&M). Which would you rather see, sitdown or standup?

I'm not expecting a coaster in 2015. I still think we're going to see a dark ride in 2015.

You do realize that we just had a B&M Stand-Up removed from our park 3 years ago right?
RollingCoasting

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 23rd, 2014, 2:28 am
RollingCoasting wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:GA doesn't need a floorless coaster. What GA really needs is a standup or sitdown looping coaster (B&M). Which would you rather see, sitdown or standup?

You do realize that we just had a B&M Stand-Up removed from our park 3 years ago right?

I thought we were done with Tardis1972. Sadly, I guess I was wrong.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby xcheetaht on July 23rd, 2014, 4:36 am
Pictorium may be removed for the water park expansion. Hurricane Harbor needs to separate from Six Flags for the second gate, but I doubt it. :?

Six Flags can build a starflyer in the Ragin' Cajun (RC) area, but obviously, it's a big waste of space. :roll:

I don't know if the park is getting another coaster for the RC spot. It may be a ball (zacspin) coaster because it can fit the spot.
xcheetaht

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2014, 12:04 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:

I thought we were done with Tardis1972. Sadly, I guess I was wrong.

I'm starting to think it might be one of those spam accounts
RollingCoasting

Postby tribar on July 23rd, 2014, 1:06 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406138666.611430.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406138666.611430.jpg (5.99 KiB) Viewed 8976 times
tribar

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2014, 1:16 pm
Okay, this seriously has to be a joke. Before, Tardis1972 said that he wanted us to get a floorless coaster. Now he's saying he doesn't. I think this was the same with the sit-down also

Straight from the Wish List Thread:
Tardis1972 wrote:I really want to see a floorless coaster one day

Now:
Tardis1972 wrote:GA doesn't need a floorless coaster.
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on July 23rd, 2014, 2:17 pm
I want to assume that he rode a Floorless and hated it. I Posted awhile ago that I hate Skyscreamers and now I love them.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Tardis1972 on July 23rd, 2014, 4:26 pm
Sorry I wasn't responding to anyone, but I was at my summer class earlier and I just signed in a few minutes ago.

Can we get back on topic now.
Tardis1972

Postby sfgam-fan on July 23rd, 2014, 4:56 pm
Floorless coasters are gimmicky in my opinion. If your legs are short enough, Raging Bull gives the same experience since your legs don't touch the floor of the train.

SFGAm got rid of Iron Wolf not because it was a stand up coaster, but because it wasn't a very good coaster. Chang was rumored to come to SFGAm but then it went to Great Adventure instead. I can see SFGAm doing another stand up someday, but not in the immediate future.

And since the park looks horrible, I wouldn't mind if they spent the next 2 years painting, landscaping, and replacing the blacktop with some nice pavers.
sfgam-fan

Postby Tardis1972 on July 23rd, 2014, 5:34 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:I want to assume that he rode a Floorless and hated it. I Posted awhile ago that I hate Skyscreamers and now I love them.

Actually I've never ridden a floorless coaster. X-Flight and Sheikra are the closes I've ridden to a floorless coaster.
Tardis1972

Postby Superman on July 23rd, 2014, 5:36 pm
sfgam-fan wrote:Floorless coasters are gimmicky in my opinion. If your legs are short enough, Raging Bull gives the same experience since your legs don't touch the floor of the train.

SFGAm got rid of Iron Wolf not because it was a stand up coaster, but because it wasn't a very good coaster. Chang was rumored to come to SFGAm but then it went to Great Adventure instead. I can see SFGAm doing another stand up someday, but not in the immediate future.

And since the park looks horrible, I wouldn't mind if they spent the next 2 years painting, landscaping, and replacing the blacktop with some nice pavers.

Other than a ridiculously spectacular coaster, I agree with you. I would love to see Hometown Square return to it's former glory. I would also like to see them improve the food that is there, because it is just awful. I now leave the park to eat because the food is horrible, and the food courts are crowded and dirty. The last few times I've gone I have really noticed how bad the park looks.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum