Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Where do you see our park in 10 years?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goliath72165 on October 6th, 2013, 3:14 pm
RollerCoasterRyan wrote:I'm just stating my opinion here! :roll: My opinion is my opinion and if you don't agree with it, PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON IT!

And no one on this forum seems to agree with your opinion. Stop using capslock! It does not get your point across any better! :roll: Also please stop complaining about the locals! They are normal human beings with a right to voice their complaints. We live in America, and people here have a freedom of speech! Stop posting things like this. It makes you look like a fool and it becomes very annoying to everyone on this forum.
Goliath72165

Postby BBH on October 6th, 2013, 4:02 pm
RollerCoasterRyan wrote:I honestly think the park will close by 2018 :cry: SFGAm is NOT that popular of a park compared to other Six Flags parks. ThemeParkReview did not give SFGAm a good rating. A couple of years ago, SFGAm almost closed because it went bankrupt. I think that will happen again in the near feature and it will be ten times WORSE as last time. Also I think the locals that live around the park will soon vote to close the park. They are the most annoying people ever! All they do at the village board meetings is complain, complain and complain. They should no longer be allowed to attend feature meetings if they are going to complain. If they do they should NOT be allowed to voice their complaints! I'm sure Hank Salemi gets really aggravated by them as well at the meetings. I don't think SFGAm will be open for much longer. :cry:

"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby Goliath72165 on October 6th, 2013, 4:13 pm
RollerCoasterRyan wrote:PLEASE STOP WITH THE NEGATIVITY! All I posted was that I think that SFGAm will close and if you guys don't think so stop commenting and go to another forum!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Also I posted about how freaking ANNOYING the locals are and how they should be banned from the meetings forever!!!!!!!! If you don't like my opinion on that then STOP comenting and go to another forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the last time, please stop using caps lock! I does not get your point across any better! Also stop using a bunch of explanation points. One explanation point is good enough. You are starting to annoy a lot of people!
Goliath72165

Postby DeathbyDinn on October 6th, 2013, 4:14 pm
RollerCoasterRyan wrote:ThemeParkReview did not give SFGAm a good rating.

Not that TPRs rating is anything to judge how well a park is doing by, but they actually gave it a 4 out of 5 star rating (the same Cedar Point got). So unless you consider 4 out of 5 bad, I'm not sure where you're coming from with this..
DeathbyDinn

Postby CoasterMike on October 6th, 2013, 4:28 pm
RollerCoasterRyan wrote:I see are park closing in 2018ish because the STUPID local people will COMPLAIN NON STOP and will eventually FORCE THE BOARD TO CLOSE SFGAm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE EXTREMLY ANNOYING AND THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE PASS A LAW TO BAN THE LOCALS FROM THE BOARD MEETINGS DUE TO THEIR STUPID COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. How old are you? My guess is 12. I don't know what your problem is. You need to stop posting about the same thing over and over again. One post is enough. Also you seriously need to stop using caps lock and explanation points. Using caps lock and a ton of explanation point does not get your point across any better. It makes you look like a total fool. Shouting and whining about the locals is not a good idea. They have every right to voice their concerns and complaints.
CoasterMike

Postby Goliath72165 on October 6th, 2013, 4:31 pm
I'm starting to think that this Roller Coaster Ryan guy is not an American. If he is, then I don't know what kind of an American he is. :lol: He does not get the point of freedom of speech. We as American's have every right to voice our complaints and concerns. I don't know what kind of government Roller Coaster Ryan is running.
Goliath72165

Postby FParker185 on October 6th, 2013, 4:38 pm
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby CoasterMike on October 6th, 2013, 4:41 pm
FParker185 wrote:Image

LOL! :lol: I'm honestly getting a feeling that this is that SFA02 with a different user name. :roll:

Here we go again with the troll! :lol: :roll:
CoasterMike

Postby jackparanoia on October 6th, 2013, 4:46 pm
coasterkidd100 wrote:I like the idea of a launch coaster better but I suppose a Giga could work. Seriously though I don't see us getting another coaster for a while after Goliath.

I doubt it'll be a Giga, because that's too tall. If I was in charge I'd put something comparable to Maverick there, but a Demon theme still. I'm a fan of sticking with history. They might not do anything though because from what I'm hearing they're closing the park by 2018 :lol:
jackparanoia

Postby UWW-10 on October 6th, 2013, 4:53 pm
I think these kinds of questions are always hard to answer. If you asked someone back in 2003 what the place would look like now....I don't think anyone could really predict all of the improvements that have happened over the decade.

I will say that with the current CEO, the chain seems to be heading in the right direction. I still believe that Shapiro laid a pretty solid foundation after many years of Snyder and Company pounding it into the ground, and now Anderson is now working on building up from the solid ground that was previously laid. I would like to think that the people highest up in command know where SF has been, what the current state is now, and which direction they want to head in the future.

It already seems like the parks who can turn profit are the ones that are truly getting the capital improvements that they deserve and can sustain based off the books. This is just good business practice.

SFGAm has had major improvements over the past 10 years....some predictable, some complete surprises. Some good, some bad (depending who you ask). We're a pretty well-rounded park when it comes to what we have to offer.
UWW-10

Postby Goliath72165 on October 6th, 2013, 4:55 pm
UWW-10 wrote:I think these kinds of questions are always hard to answer. If you asked someone back in 2003 what the place would look like now....I don't think anyone could really predict all of the improvements that have happened over the decade.

I will say that with the current CEO, the chain seems to be heading in the right direction. I still believe that Shapiro laid a pretty solid foundation after many years of Snyder and Company pounding it into the ground, and now Anderson is now working on building up from the solid ground that was previously laid. I would like to think that the people highest up in command know where SF has been, what the current state is now, and which direction they want to head in the future.

It already seems like the parks who can turn profit are the ones that are truly getting the capital improvements that they deserve and can sustain based off the books. This is just good business practice.

SFGAm has had major improvements over the past 10 years....some predictable, some complete surprises. Some good, some bad (depending who you ask). We're a pretty well-rounded park when it comes to what we have to offer.

Take that RollerCoasterRyan! :lol:
Goliath72165

Postby JimPanky on October 6th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Sfgam isn't going anywhere. Look at annual attendance stats. There are many parks open year round that have less attendance than Sfgam.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on October 6th, 2013, 5:42 pm
TEA reports aren't lying.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on October 6th, 2013, 5:47 pm
Themed Entertainment Association. They post annual attendance reports.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on October 6th, 2013, 5:55 pm
SFGAm Attendance:
2010 2.7 Million 20th in North America
2009 2.5 Million 20th in North America
2007 2.63 Million 20th in North America
JimPanky

Postby sfgam#1 on October 6th, 2013, 6:14 pm
^^^ this guy is funny.
sfgam#1

Postby sfgam#1 on October 6th, 2013, 6:14 pm
^^^ this guy is funny.
sfgam#1

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on October 6th, 2013, 6:50 pm
RollerCoasterRyan wrote:I honestly think the park will close by 2018 :cry: SFGAm is NOT that popular of a park compared to other Six Flags parks. ThemeParkReview did not give SFGAm a good rating. A couple of years ago, SFGAm almost closed because it went bankrupt. I think that will happen again in the near feature and it will be ten times WORSE as last time. Also I think the locals that live around the park will soon vote to close the park. They are the most annoying people ever! All they do at the village board meetings is complain, complain and complain. They should no longer be allowed to attend feature meetings if they are going to complain. If they do they should NOT be allowed to voice their complaints! I'm sure Hank Salemi gets really aggravated by them as well at the meetings. I don't think SFGAm will be open for much longer. :cry:

Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby JimPanky on October 6th, 2013, 8:08 pm
The Moose Out Front has spoken:
(20:07:40) JimPanky: ok even park closes odd park stays open
(20:07:42) Moose Out Front: JimPanky rolls 1d6 and gets 1.
JimPanky

Postby Mr. D.T. on October 11th, 2013, 8:49 pm
This could fit in Trail Blazer's spot. They need to put something in there soon.

This is the Barn Swinger I was talking about earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4I49yfd5ms
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby Brewersdawg828 on October 11th, 2013, 9:24 pm
Mr. D.T. wrote:This could fit in Trail Blazer's spot. They need to put something in there soon.

This is the Barn Swinger I was talking about earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4I49yfd5ms

So basically a lower capacity river rocker that would be located 500 ft away from it that's only different element is that they swing by eachother
Brewersdawg828

Postby Mr. D.T. on October 11th, 2013, 9:31 pm
This swings far higher than River Rocker. And I kind of thought with the barn theming, Southwest would fit the bill.
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby Brewersdawg828 on October 11th, 2013, 10:28 pm
Mr. D.T. wrote:This swings far higher than River Rocker. And I kind of thought with the barn theming, Southwest would fit the bill.

So you're saupying its a non-turning version of revolution
Brewersdawg828

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on October 11th, 2013, 10:39 pm
Brewersdawg828 wrote:
Mr. D.T. wrote:This swings far higher than River Rocker. And I kind of thought with the barn theming, Southwest would fit the bill.

So you're saupying its a non-turning version of revolution

You've probably never even been on one of these. They're actually really fun. You swing more than 90 degrees and the aitime feeling you get at the top is great. So it's really unlike anything we have at the park currently.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Viper 88 on October 12th, 2013, 1:27 am
Meh I think we can do better. Again they already have River Rocker a few yards away something so close in ride experience wold probably not garner as much support as something that goes upside down or spins while going upside down. Not to mention it has a pretty crappy capacity What like 16 people 8 on each arm? No too slow not to mention loading, unloading, securing of passengers and then the actual ride cycle you're easily looking at 5 mins per load. And the spot where Trailblazers line was is HUGE! It would never move.
Viper 88

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum