Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Where do you see our park in 10 years?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Viper 88 on June 23rd, 2014, 8:20 am
Leave Rapids alone if you are going to do anything to it fortify the tunnel, waterfall channel and the final rock structure. Have the waterfall channel actually hit the rafts. Bring back the waterfall over the tunnel. Have the final waterfall actually hit the boats. Also run more rafts. Dye it red again and bring back blood river for fright fest.
Viper 88

Postby jmanporty7 on June 23rd, 2014, 1:43 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:These are my predictions, opinions, ideas, and what I hope for SFGAm:

2015 - SkyScreamer to replace the go-karts.

2016 - Premier Rides Launch Coaster similar to Full Throttle at SFMM to take up Ragin Cajun's former spot and also replace Roaring Rapids.

2017 - Giant Drop renamed to Scream.

2018 - Demon is removed.

2019 - Gerstlauer Eurofighter similar to Dare Devil Dive at SFOG to take up Demon's former spot.

2020 - Orbit is permanently removed. Camp Cartoon is revamped and is transformed into Bugs Bunny National Park.

2021 - American Eagle's blue train permanently run backwards again.

2022 - S&S Screaming Swing to take up space by X-Flight where Demon's corkscrew's used to be.

2023 - B&M Giga with out and back layout along the highway to replace the Riptide Bay section of Hurricane Harbor and parts of nearby parking lot space. Uses similar trains that Steel Dragon 2000 has.

2024 - Hurricane Harbor expansion including world's longest water coaster beating Mammoth at Holiday World and also new shows.

Thoughts anyone?

Why Would Giant Drop be renamed?
B&M Giga? Really?
I honestly don't see Six Flags going to Gerstlauer after the Whole NTG incident.
Roaring Rapids being removed?

Justin,
I just think that Giant Drop is to of a generic name for a six flags park to use. Especially for a ride that's considered as one of the parks highlight attractions. I'm not saying Scream is any better but to use some sort of wild west name for the ride since it is part of the Southwest Territory section of the park. A B&M Giga could happen if they decide they wanted to, because what they need is a good airtime machine. Raging Bull has a twisty layout and isn't really known for airtime. So if they get that B&M Giga it'll give them that airtime machine that they need. They'll still be using Gerstlauer for stuff, they did make the trains for Medusa: Steel Coaster. Roaring Rapids isn't a popular ride at the park anymore, and we're seeing SFOT's Roaring Rapids leaving at the end of this season so it'll make since if SFGAm wants to get rid of theirs. Now keep in mind these aren't all predictions but just cool ideas that I think would be awesome for SFGAm.
jmanporty7

Postby kossdude1 on June 23rd, 2014, 1:53 pm
^ This post honestly is confusing me so much... :?
1. Giant Drop has been named that for over 15 years, so why change it now?

2. Giga probably not going to happen in any form due to lack of space and height.

3. Medusa Steel Coasters trains were built by RMC, they're the same as Goliath's with a different front-plate.

4. Roaring Rapids is hands down the most popular water ride in the park
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby jmanporty7 on June 23rd, 2014, 2:09 pm
kossdude1 wrote:^ This post honestly is confusing me so much... :?
1. Giant Drop has been named that for over 15 years, so why change it now?

2. Giga probably not going to happen in any form due to lack of space and height.

3. Medusa Steel Coasters trains were built by RMC, they're the same as Goliath's with a different front-plate.

4. Roaring Rapids is hands down the most popular water ride in the park

kossdude1,
1. You've seen Six Flags change the name of there rides at the most random times. We've seen the Bizarro, Superman: Escape from Krypton, Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, Medusa Steel Coaster, Apocalypse, American Thunder. And alot of flat rides have been through a name change too for practically no reason whatsoever.

2. They can use parts of the parking lot near Riptide Bay and the Highway. Height limit is 330ft. Perfect for a good out and back B&M Giga.

3. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that RMC built the trains for MSC.

4. The water rides at SFGAm aren't as popular as they once were except for Buccaneer Battle.
jmanporty7

Postby DeathbyDinn on June 23rd, 2014, 2:19 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:1. You've seen Six Flags change the name of there rides at the most random times. We've seen the Bizarro, Superman: Escape from Krypton, Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, Medusa Steel Coaster, Apocalypse, American Thunder.

Except that none of those are random.
- Bizzaros were complete attraction rethemes, not just name changes
- Superman: EFK & Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast had name changes to reflect that the rides are running backwards
- NTG, IR, and MSC changed names as the rides changed from wood to steel
- Apocalypse and American Thunder got new names as SF didn't want to pay for the rights of the old names anymore

Plus, we're a big enough park that our new capital for a year would never just be slapping a new name on an old ride. And like Koss said theres no reason for Giant Drop to get a new name anyways..
DeathbyDinn

Postby tp41190 on June 23rd, 2014, 2:24 pm
Speaking of Giant Drop, I really miss Hellavator during Fright Fest.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Viper 88 on June 23rd, 2014, 4:28 pm
tp41190 wrote:Speaking of Giant Drop, I really miss Hellavator during Fright Fest.

I miss when they would deck out the train and they had a water shooting spider on one of the tunnels. I also miss all of the fog machines It really set the mood. Also at The Mausoleum of Terror they need to have a door blocking the picture booth because you cannot get scared if you know there is a ghoul behind you that 15 other people have justhad their picture taken in front of. They should have a few in different positions this way you don't know where it is going to come from.
Viper 88

Postby Tardis1972 on June 23rd, 2014, 5:31 pm
I would rather see a B&M sit down coaster with 8 inversions rather than a B&M giga coaster. Might I remind you all that Great America doesn't have a coaster with a large loop like iron wolf had. I could see one if these coasters coming in 2016 or 2018.
Tardis1972

Postby kossdude1 on June 23rd, 2014, 5:37 pm
Three coasters I'd like to see before another B&M.
1. Premier Launch Coaster
2. Chance Hyper GTX-100
3, Intamin Megalite
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby Coaster Justin on June 23rd, 2014, 5:42 pm
^
#2 and #3. Why when we have a Hyper Already? Those coasters are really designed for parks that don't have space height or budget for a 200+ attraction.

jmanporty7 wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:...

Why Would Giant Drop be renamed?
B&M Giga? Really?
I honestly don't see Six Flags going to Gerstlauer after the Whole NTG incident.
Roaring Rapids being removed?

Justin,
...Roaring Rapids isn't a popular ride at the park anymore, and we're seeing SFOT's Roaring Rapids leaving at the end of this season so it'll make since if SFGAm wants to get rid of theirs...

WRONG! Roaring Rapids at SFOT is Temporarily Closed to allow a 2015 attraction.

Temporarily Definition:
Temporarily is the adverbial form of "temporary," which comes from the Latin word tempus, meaning time. Something done temporarily is supposed to be concluded in a finite amount of time. If your car is temporarily out of commission, you expect that you will be able to fix it and get it back on the road.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby tribar on June 23rd, 2014, 6:51 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I would rather see a B&M sit down coaster with 8 inversions rather than a B&M giga coaster. Might I remind you all that Great America doesn't have a coaster with a large loop like iron wolf had. I could see one if these coasters coming in 2016 or 2018.

IW did not have a "large loop"
tribar

Postby Tardis1972 on June 23rd, 2014, 11:27 pm
Are your sure IR loop wasn't big. Ok the loop riddlers revenge is what I am talking about. But IR had the biggest loop in the park.
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on June 24th, 2014, 5:22 am
Tardis1972 wrote:Are your sure IR loop wasn't big. Ok the loop riddlers revenge is what I am talking about. But IR had the biggest loop in the park.

What's IR?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Tardis1972 on June 24th, 2014, 10:03 am
My bad, I post from my phone and I accidentally spelt IR. I am talking about the Iron Wolf loop. I was saying GA needs a coaster with a large loop like RR at SFMM.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2014, 8:17 pm
I'm not going to do the next ten years, but here's my predictions for the next 4 years:
2015: Thrill Ride or Sky Screamer
2016: Park Improvements and a show
2017: Hurricane Harbor Addition
2018: Our Next Coaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby nick42085 on July 23rd, 2014, 9:41 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I'm not going to do the next ten years, but here's my predictions for the next 4 years:

That's...actually a really good prediction! The only problem is that I feel like something would be coming in 2016 other than park improvements (which would still be amazing.) Possibly a coaster

1999: raging bull
2001: deja vu and v2
2003: superman

I feel like six flags might do it again

2012: x flight
2014: goliath
2016: ???
Subscribe to my youtube at

Youtube.com/user/nick42085

"I'm Nick and I haven't rode a coaster since June 10th 2014"
nick42085

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2014, 10:05 pm
In 2016, That'd be great, but if they did that, it might not be a "Big Coaster" in length (And in my opinion, we really need a long coaster)

2018, more time would pass and we'd be due for something big
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on July 28th, 2016, 11:07 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I'm not going to do the next ten years, but here's my predictions for the next 4 years:

Going to change my predictions:
2017: Zamperla Giant Discovery in RC's Spot, Larson Superloop in Trailblazer's Spot (Making a broad guess with this one :p), Flying Scooters in Sky Trail's Spot. New Trains on Demon

2018: Hurricane Harbor Expansion OR New Coaster

2019: New Coaster OR Hurricane Harbor Expansion

2020: New Show, similar to IgNight

2021: Large Family Area

2022: Another Coaster OR A Flat-ride of some sort
RollingCoasting

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum