Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Where do you see our park in 10 years?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby BBH on October 12th, 2013, 3:43 pm
The world desperately needs more Screamin' Swings. And for anybody that says the capacity isn't the greatest, I don't necessarily regard 800-1000 PPH as being low. With a five-minute load time and 40 people per cycle, the ride could easily handle the crowds it would generate.
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby FParker185 on October 12th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Screamin Swings are one of the least interesting rides I've ever ridden. I basically ran away when Stan Checketts asked me what I thought after I rode the prototype, one of those if you got nothing nice to say, don't say it :D
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Mr. D.T. on October 12th, 2013, 7:54 pm
A ride like the Barn Swinger would be great for a Six Flags park, like Great America or St. Louis. The only section I can see it fit in is Southwest. I'd suggest they move River Rocker but its Native American theming makes it stay put where it is now. They should at least put something where Trail Blazer was, and soon Cajun will be gone. And I necessarily wouldn't say it's a non-turning version of Revolution, since it swings far higher, and riders either face forward/backward, while on Revolution they sit inward in a 360 degree circle.
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby Mr. D.T. on October 12th, 2013, 7:58 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:
RollerCoasterRyan wrote:I honestly think the park will close by 2018 :cry: SFGAm is NOT that popular of a park compared to other Six Flags parks. ThemeParkReview did not give SFGAm a good rating. A couple of years ago, SFGAm almost closed because it went bankrupt. I think that will happen again in the near feature and it will be ten times WORSE as last time. Also I think the locals that live around the park will soon vote to close the park. They are the most annoying people ever! All they do at the village board meetings is complain, complain and complain. They should no longer be allowed to attend feature meetings if they are going to complain. If they do they should NOT be allowed to voice their complaints! I'm sure Hank Salemi gets really aggravated by them as well at the meetings. I don't think SFGAm will be open for much longer. :cry:

Six Flags will close in 2018! LOL! Like that will ever happen. :D

Mr. D.T.

Postby Mr. D.T. on October 12th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:
Mr. D.T. wrote:My predictions for the next 10 years:

Rocky Mountain buying American Eagle and rebuilding it into a more intensified version of the ride, with new trains. The old ones then get shipped to one of the Chicago museums for display.

Dark Knight moves someplace else, then gets re-themed to something else. (ex: Iron Man)

Giant Drop moves someplace else and makes way for a 500 ft. drop tower.

Whizzer moves to Silverwood, Idaho.

Superman moves to Buccaneer Battle's spot. A new and improved Shock Wave returns to its previous home, returning the Orleans theme.

Go Karts gone indefinitely. Looney Tunes National Park returns to its previous spot.

Kidzopolis gone or gets rethemed to Looney Tunes.

Raging Bull backwards.

A Barn Swinger moves into Trail Blazer's spot.

A flat goes into Ragin' Cajun's spot.

You hit that right on the head! Al of those things are going to happen. Honestly no, the only one that I could see happening is the last one. So no, none of that is going to happen.

LOL, I didn't think so. I really do miss Looney Tunes National Park, and that helped with the Yukon theming.

Mr. D.T.

Postby GoBears on October 14th, 2013, 3:13 pm
First off, Screamin' Swings and a ride like River Rocker aren't even close as far as ride experience goes. The only S&S swing I've been on is SkyHawk but I wasn't all that impressed with it. I went in with high expectations from other people raving about it but it just didn't wow me.

Secondly, I can see Demon leaving in the next 10 years to be replaced by another coaster. I do have a question though. How expensive is Sky Trek Tower to operate and maintain? Not that I see it coming down anytime soon, but I just never see anyone on it.
Founder of http://www.sfgamnation.com
Favorite Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force
Favorite Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. The Beast 3. American Eagle
GoBears

Postby jackparanoia on October 14th, 2013, 5:32 pm
I don't know how much STT costs to maintain, but I do see it's advertisement value, and aesthetic appeal far more important than how many people are on it. I'm sure at some point it'll be replaced, but I really hope they paint SIX FLAGS all obnoxious on the side of it. I can see a Sky Screamer there, but not really much else that would work.

These are just opinions, so don't yell at me
jackparanoia

Postby rb1 on October 14th, 2013, 6:14 pm
Ragin bull backwards might happen, Stt might get upgraded or just replaced into a B&M giga that goes over the park entrances and parking lots doubt it. Flat for ragin cajun possible or maybe replaced by a mini family launch coaster.
rb1

Postby x-flight on November 14th, 2013, 7:56 pm
I would think park expansion. . I see them changing the parking lot layout and expanding to the other side of the expressway hotels owned by the park making the park more themed and family oriented. . I see no new swing rides

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
x-flight

Postby JimPanky on November 15th, 2013, 12:02 am
Hank has admitted the park is land locked. They have no plans on major outward expansion.
JimPanky

Postby Ilovthevu' on November 15th, 2013, 1:15 am
GoBears wrote:Secondly, I can see Demon leaving in the next 10 years to be replaced by another coaster. I do have a question though. How expensive is Sky Trek Tower to operate and maintain? Not that I see it coming down anytime soon, but I just never see anyone on it.

I go on Sky Trek Tower a lot, and I do see a bunch of people on it. You have to remember that Sky Trek Tower is a higher capacity ride being at 70 people. Maximum for Triple Play for instance is 48 people. King Chaos is 40 people. So, for the most part, you will never wait more than one cycle to go on that ride. The only thing with Sky Trek Tower is that it's geared more to families. So, if you want to go on Sky Trek Tower during a weekday (early season) when you have a bunch of teenagers coming in on buses, they aren't going to go on it much because that's not their ride. In October, I assume that it's not open because of high winds, and the cable banging on the tower. Sure, there is a gorilla on top of it, but I just think that, that's the real reason why they choose never to open it during Fright Fest.

As for FLATS / TOWERS, besides the train (Which has to be way up there - I always want to figure it out, but than I never think of it when I'm at the park) I can't think of another FLAT ride with better one cycle capacity at Great America.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on November 15th, 2013, 1:19 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:
GoBears wrote:Secondly, I can see Demon leaving in the next 10 years to be replaced by another coaster. I do have a question though. How expensive is Sky Trek Tower to operate and maintain? Not that I see it coming down anytime soon, but I just never see anyone on it.

I go on Sky Trek Tower a lot, and I do see a bunch of people on it. You have to remember that Sky Trek Tower is a higher capacity ride being at 70 people. Maximum for Triple Play for instance is 48 people. King Chaos is 40 people. So, for the most part, you will never wait more than one cycle to go on that ride. The only thing with Sky Trek Tower is that it's geared more to families. So, if you want to go on Sky Trek Tower during a weekday (early season) when you have a bunch of teenagers coming in on buses, they aren't going to go on it much because that's not their ride. In October, I assume that it's not open because of high winds, and the cable banging on the tower. Sure, there is a gorilla on top of it, but I just think that, that's the real reason why they choose never to open it during Fright Fest.

As for FLATS / TOWERS, besides the train (Which has to be way up there - I always want to figure it out, but than I never think of it when I'm at the park) I can't think of another FLAT ride withó better one cycle capacity at Great America.

The Columbia Carousel.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Ilovthevu' on November 15th, 2013, 6:51 pm
^That is very true. I completely forgot about that. The one thing I might say about it though is that a lot of people tend to go upstairs as compared to downstairs. I never see people even waiting in line when the cycle is going, downstairs. Either way, those 3 flat rides have the highest capacity for a flat / tower ride with one cycle with the train being 1, Carousel 2, and Tower 3.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby jmanporty7 on June 21st, 2014, 7:44 pm
These are my predictions, opinions, ideas, and what I hope for SFGAm:

2015 - SkyScreamer to replace the go-karts.

2016 - Premier Rides Launch Coaster similar to Full Throttle at SFMM to take up Ragin Cajun's former spot and also replace Roaring Rapids.

2017 - Giant Drop renamed to Scream.

2018 - Demon is removed. Logger's Run and Yankee Clipper are removed for a Intamin Mega Splash attraction.

2019 - Gerstlauer Eurofighter similar to Dare Devil Dive at SFOG to take up Demon's former spot.

2020 - Orbit is permanently removed. Camp Cartoon is revamped and is transformed into Bugs Bunny National Park.

2021 - American Eagle's blue train permanently run backwards again.

2022 - S&S Screaming Swing to take up space by X-Flight where Demon's corkscrew's used to be.

2023 - B&M Giga with out and back layout along the highway to replace the Riptide Bay section of Hurricane Harbor and parts of nearby parking lot space. Uses similar trains that Steel Dragon 2000 has.

2024 - Hurricane Harbor expansion including world's longest water coaster beating Mammoth at Holiday World and also new shows.

Thoughts anyone?
Last edited by jmanporty7 on June 23rd, 2014, 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jmanporty7

Postby Tardis1972 on June 21st, 2014, 7:50 pm
A dueling coaster with one side a inverted coaster and the other side a floorless coaster in SUF and DKC spot. I agree with blue side always backwards.
Tardis1972

Postby jmanporty7 on June 21st, 2014, 7:54 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:A dueling coaster with one side a inverted coaster and the other side a floorless coaster in SUF and DKC spot. I agree with blue side always backwards.

Why on earth would SFGAm remove Superman? And why get a dueling coaster when we already have American Eagle?
jmanporty7

Postby Tardis1972 on June 21st, 2014, 8:00 pm
http://rollercoaster.wikia.com/wiki/Cat ... _%26_Robin here. Couch this link and look for great America. I don't know if this ride is real or not.
Tardis1972

Postby jackparanoia on June 21st, 2014, 8:07 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:http://rollercoaster.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Batman_%26_Robin here. Couch this link and look for great America. I don't know if this ride is real or not.

I don't believe it. Not a bad idea, but I don't see it happening. The promo video was pretty funny though. Just a commercial for the Batman & Robin game.
jackparanoia

Postby jmanporty7 on June 21st, 2014, 8:09 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:http://rollercoaster.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Batman_%26_Robin here. Couch this link and look for great America. I don't know if this ride is real or not.

I think that's just an idea or a wild rumor from a while ago before Superman and DKC arrived.
jmanporty7

Postby Tardis1972 on June 21st, 2014, 8:17 pm
It's strange that the opening day is listed. As you saw Great adventures and a few other six flags parks have it as a future coaster. This I don't believe. If you go to the six flags great adventure wiki site you will see that they have what's coming in 2028. But I agree with I don't know if this batman coaster is real or not.
Tardis1972

Postby Tardis1972 on June 22nd, 2014, 1:51 pm
Here is how I see GA in tens years roller coaster wise
1. Another B&M coaster in SUF spot. Sit down (Kumba) (likely)
2. Premier launch coaster- (looping) LIM or LSM in go carts spot (LD moved to RC spot) (Very Unlikely)
3. Euro fighter in pictorium spot (very unlikely)
4. Water coaster (slime chance)
5. Mine coaster in SW theater spot (very unlikely)
6. 4th dimension coaster in demons spot (very unlikely)
Tardis1972

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 22nd, 2014, 4:16 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:I'm back and feel like I never left! The Chang I mean Green Lantern mess took a while to get over but time heals (almost) all wounds so moving on.

Looking back in the last 10 years, we have lost a ton of rides and got a lot of hit/miss stuff in return. Families got something almost every year. Thrill seekers got something big back in 2003/2004 and not much since. Six Flags Inc. has changed so much it is difficult to say what they will come up with next. We still have the area in County Fair that needs to get something in 2012 and we have 1-4 rides near the end of their life (this decade). What do you see happening in the next 10 years?

#1 We will lose at least one of the three (if not all) Whizzer, Demon and Wolf.
#2 We will get a major coaster in 3-6 years that will change our park forever.
#3 Hurricane Habor will become seperate entry after another addition in a year or two.
#4 The flume water rides will be torn down and replaced by a newer type.
#5 The park will try to get back to its roots more and more (like they are doing now with music changes) and more people will be checking out Great America.

I did pretty good! Hurricane Harbor will probably become separate gate in the next 5 years.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby nick42085 on June 22nd, 2014, 6:23 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:A dueling coaster with one side a inverted coaster and the other side a floorless coaster in SUF and DKC spot. I agree with blue side always backwards.

...what ....the ...heck
Subscribe to my youtube at

Youtube.com/user/nick42085

"I'm Nick and I haven't rode a coaster since June 10th 2014"
nick42085

Postby Tardis1972 on June 22nd, 2014, 9:35 pm
That's right a dueling inverted/floorless coaster.
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on June 23rd, 2014, 7:50 am
jmanporty7 wrote:These are my predictions, opinions, ideas, and what I hope for SFGAm:

2015 - SkyScreamer to replace the go-karts.

2016 - Premier Rides Launch Coaster similar to Full Throttle at SFMM to take up Ragin Cajun's former spot and also replace Roaring Rapids.

2017 - Giant Drop renamed to Scream.

2018 - Demon is removed.

2019 - Gerstlauer Eurofighter similar to Dare Devil Dive at SFOG to take up Demon's former spot.

2020 - Orbit is permanently removed. Camp Cartoon is revamped and is transformed into Bugs Bunny National Park.

2021 - American Eagle's blue train permanently run backwards again.

2022 - S&S Screaming Swing to take up space by X-Flight where Demon's corkscrew's used to be.

2023 - B&M Giga with out and back layout along the highway to replace the Riptide Bay section of Hurricane Harbor and parts of nearby parking lot space. Uses similar trains that Steel Dragon 2000 has.

2024 - Hurricane Harbor expansion including world's longest water coaster beating Mammoth at Holiday World and also new shows.

Thoughts anyone?

Why Would Giant Drop be renamed?
B&M Giga? Really?
I honestly don't see Six Flags going to Gerstlauer after the Whole NTG incident.
Roaring Rapids being removed?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum