Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

OOOOOLD pics.......

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterinsane on February 6th, 2003, 9:54 pm
here is a site i have found it has many old pictures of willards whizzer and whatnot......the veryfirst picture you see turn of the centry is in the upper right hand corner next to the treeless whizzer...very coolhttp://americas.best.vwh.net/mga/mga.html
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby coasterinsane on February 6th, 2003, 9:56 pm
you dont relize how big the whizzer actually is untill you see the treeless pics of it......... you also start to relize how big hair could get back then....lol
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby Chitown on February 6th, 2003, 9:58 pm
Yep, thats Steven Wilson's pics. Its amazing that he was able to collect all of these old photos.Speaking of Steven, check out his even ooooooolder pics of Sky Whirl under construction along with the rest of the park.http://americas.best.vwh.net/mga/skywhirl002.html
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Timmy179 on February 6th, 2003, 10:03 pm
http://home.attbi.com/~geoff2222/sfgam/zforce.htmlI finally found it! heres a pic of z-force
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby CoasterDave316 on February 6th, 2003, 10:04 pm
Wow thanks for the link Chitown, I have never seen those photos before. Its odd how you could see the lighthouse in Yankee Harbor in one picture. The park is so empty with no trees.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Timmy179 on February 6th, 2003, 10:09 pm
Wow! i never knew sky whirl was such a big deal back then!im kinda mad because i never rode it because i was busy ridin the coastersdoes anyone know where it went?http://home.attbi.com/~geoff2222/sfgam/edge.htmlthats a picture of the edge. i never kknew we had such a ride its kinda like superman:power of tower
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby Chitown on February 6th, 2003, 10:15 pm
Yeah, it went to a scrap yard. However, the cages are still in the employee lot. In fact, I remember Dave(Coasterdude316) took a pic of the cages.Dave??? Would you care to show this pic?
Last edited by Chitown on February 6th, 2003, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Timmy179 on February 6th, 2003, 10:21 pm
that kinda stinks, sad to see a ride with so much history be melted down but hey, they had to put deja vu somewhere right?
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby CoasterDave316 on February 6th, 2003, 10:37 pm
Timmy179 wrote:Wow! i never knew sky whirl was such a big deal back then!im kinda mad because i never rode it because i was busy ridin the coastersdoes anyone know where it went?
Honestly this is just my opinion about the ride, but you didn't miss much by not riding it. I rode it once a long time ago and was bored to death on it, after that 1 ride it was forever known to me and my friends as the boring baskets.Also Timmy, The Edge was a freefall ride and it now is currently at SFWoA under the name of Mr. Hydes Nasty Falls.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on February 7th, 2003, 4:54 pm
Thanks for those pictures. Very very interesting how much of a difference having trees around a coaster makes.
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on February 7th, 2003, 6:51 pm
Those pictures rock! Sky Whirl looked cooler than it really was though... It was rather boring...
coastrcorey

Postby joker on February 8th, 2003, 1:39 pm
Wow, I was talking to my mom and dad about these pictures, and they remember going on some of those rides.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum