Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Things I have found in line at Six Flags Great America

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Necropolis on April 15th, 2010, 4:58 pm
Has anyone seen how much change is in the water for roaring rapids? If u look at the water while waiting in the queue theres a ton of change there. Wishmakers lol. theres got to be dozens of dollars worth of change there and it never gets picked up. in the 2008 season there was change and this past season there was still more change. I went on the ride in april. Theres no way all that change could have been there only in april. there were also credit cards, and sunglasses, i think an old season pass was in the water too. Ive seen people spit into the water too. Oh those teenagers :roll:
Necropolis

Postby Necropolis on May 6th, 2010, 8:31 pm
Still saw the change $$$ in the queue for giant drop. Its behind the little fences. And a friend and I were wondering: Are the employees allowed to take the change, or does the company collect it and keep it for themself? Anyone answer this??
Necropolis

Postby monsterfan99 on May 6th, 2010, 11:57 pm
^Many parks such as Walt Disney World and all of the Cedar Fair parks donate the money at set points in time to local charities.
monsterfan99

Postby FParker185 on May 8th, 2010, 1:33 am
Yeah, I want to say SFGAm specifically donates money from the ponds and other places that collect loose change to Give Kids The World foundation. Any other found money goes to lost and found, and if stuff hasn't changed since I last knew people who worked at the park, if the money wasn't claimed within a certain timeframe, they were allowed to have it.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Cole on May 8th, 2010, 7:51 am
When I was in line for Chubasco, i found a guys walet on a bench. Dont worry, I have it to the ride opp to take care of.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby david on May 8th, 2010, 9:43 am
On Raging Bull, someones wallet fell and it landed on the rail of the track. So my friend spots it out, and tells some other guy to go get it. The guy jumps over the queue, gets the wallet, just as a train is about to pass! :lol: So, he gives my friend the money ($2) and he keeps the wallet. I thought it was quite fascinating.
david

Postby david on May 9th, 2010, 3:19 pm
^^^ Should clarify this a bit, jumped and tossed it to the ground, picked it up and proceeded to hop back over the queue fence. Did I mention how tall he was. I'd say 6' 2". Also, the train wasn't like VICIOUSLY close, but it was like at the bottom of the hill.
david

Postby rct2wizard360 on May 9th, 2010, 11:06 pm
Raginggiant wrote:one word: TROLLING. :roll:

Trolling for almost seven years? That's rich.
Unless you're talking to david. Which is believable.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby Viper 88 on May 11th, 2010, 6:48 pm
david wrote:^^^ Should clarify this a bit, jumped and tossed it to the ground, picked it up and proceeded to hop back over the queue fence. Did I mention how tall he was. I'd say 6' 2". Also, the train wasn't like VICIOUSLY close, but it was like at the bottom of the hill.

Stupid just the same.
Viper 88

Postby Director_Guy on May 23rd, 2010, 3:04 am
I've found a lot of great friends in the lines for rides. One instance occurs to me, back in 2005 in the line for Demon I met these folks:
We rode rides, sang songs, gave out stickers, and worked Fright Fest together.

Not to mention all of the great coaster geek friends I've made at the park (but I usually find those outside the lines.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby deja blues on June 16th, 2010, 6:33 pm
One word rings, a lot of them. I have found everything from cruddy spider rings to a really nice ruby ring, small but real. You could make a lot of money out of those lines, a lot of people just choose to wear jewelry on the big rides, mistake I think so.
"Park staff later claimed that they were offered a hundred bucks a pop to try to the slide, but refused after seeing that test dummies often emerged on the other end dismembered. The looping slide was actually closed down for most of the park’s life due to these injury concerns."
deja blues

Postby RollingCoasting on December 26th, 2016, 5:53 pm
Pretty sure I saw a condom in Batman's queue once

Also, this wasn't in a queue line, but this past summer me and my dad were walking through Yankee Harbor and we saw a piece of cloth floating down V2's tower. Must've fell out of someone's pocket. I was going to pick it up and walk up to the station to give it back to the owner, but some little kids already beat me to it.
RollingCoasting

Postby [jonrev] on December 26th, 2016, 11:21 pm
One time I found a Mount Olympus map in one of the trash cans.
[jonrev]

Postby JaminOut on December 27th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Jonrev wins this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on February 6th, 2017, 2:41 am
I saw someone with a Six Flags Discovery Kingdom sports bottle in X-Flight's station a few years back

One thing I've always wanted to do is to get a California's Great America, or even an older SFGAm map and put it in the map holder to see how confused people will get. :D :lol:
RollingCoasting

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum