Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

CHANG WATCH: The Official Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby B&MGuy29 on May 27th, 2010, 12:35 pm
T.K. wrote:Now that we all know its a B&M Stand Up and know the location and etc.

I heard there is a Batman movie comming out in summer 2011, where the Riddler is the new enemy. I can see Chang getting renamed to SFMM one-> Riddler's Revenge, being painted green and black. I think Chang trains will be remodified to audio like they did to Medusa. I think Six Flags Great America need a villan coaster, we have too many heroes :). Plus they could get very creative with theme to Riddler, since he likes to throw bombs at people ;-)

I think Iron Wolf will stay. Iron Wolf could get repainted and changed to floorless. They would just need to redo the station, and the ride could be good for another more years to come, the ride lay out is compact and being floorless means no headbanging I hope ;-). Rename it to Bizzaro and paint it purple and yellow.

So two new villans that would make perfect addition to SFGAm. Now that i know Chang is stand up, I know IW will be either removed or redone to floorless.

No new Batman anytime soon....script isn't even written yet and Christopher Nolan is possibly doing the Superman movie first since Warner Brothers has hired him to reboot that series. I'm still hoping that Hank was just saying it was a stand up and there's still a possibility it will be converted!!
B&MGuy29

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 27th, 2010, 1:14 pm
Dark Knight sequel July 20, 2012 no villain confirmed and script is still unwritten
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby david on May 27th, 2010, 3:12 pm
I won't get into arguing this too much, but our park, as many know, is one of the most attended and profitable, and this is why we got the coaster. I would have much preferred the removal of the Go-Karts and having them go into Wolfie's area. Is it possible that the park may mean Stand-Up coaster, but did they say Stand-Up trains? Yes it may be a stand-up coaster but it could run floorless trains.
david

Postby SFGAm Viper on May 27th, 2010, 3:13 pm
neil wrote:What do we think the chances of Iron Wolf getting converted to a floorless/sitdown are. Everyone assumed it would be Chang,as it was new, but since it is confirmed Chang will remain a standup, maybe Iron Wolf will change.

About the same odds it would change over in the last 20 years? Maybe the odds would be higher if this had been done before but it hasn't on a B&M. Not only that but the average person who comes to the park and doesnt like Iron Wolf is going to really notice. Hell, at Magic Mountain people think Terminator is Psyclone and thats an ENTIRE new coaster!
SFGAm Viper

Postby david on May 27th, 2010, 3:15 pm
When you first fell off your bike, did you not want to ride it after? Once you've been bit, you don't want to go back. And I fear this might just kill Chang.
david

Postby SFGAm Viper on May 27th, 2010, 3:16 pm
david wrote:I won't get into arguing this too much, but our park, as many know, is one of the most attended and profitable, and this is why we got the coaster. I would have much preferred the removal of the Go-Karts and having them go into Wolfie's area. Is it possible that the park may mean Stand-Up coaster, but did they say Stand-Up trains? Yes it may be a stand-up coaster but it could run floorless trains.

A stand up coaster has stand up trains, a floorless coaster has floorless trains....etc.

If you want to hold out the .01% chance something changes you can but don't be disappointed when it stays stand up. Believe me, I wish it was a floorless too and I like Chang as a stand up!
SFGAm Viper

Postby Goku1910 on May 27th, 2010, 3:26 pm
david, you need to get over it. The President of Great America said Stand-Up, so IT WILL BE Stand-Up!
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby rct2wizard360 on May 27th, 2010, 3:53 pm
I honestly can't see what they can really theme this too with it being at the front of the park by STT and the Go-Karts.

I'm putting my money on Goliath.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby gottastrata33 on May 27th, 2010, 4:20 pm
Sorry about all this misspells before that's what I get for typin on a forum at 2am.......

Dont say Goliath! haha damn I hope not. As much as I would like a Bizarro, especially in the front of the park with superman on the opposite side, I'd rather shoot for originality here, seriously. Give chang the "bizarro/X2/TS treatment" but a new name no one else has. I hate to admit after bein a "slave" for them for 2seasons, that cedar Fair has good coaster names for their major attractions minus their corkscrews, FOF, or other former paramount additions...but yeah. In all reality, I don't hate to admit that cause they are original, just don't like kinzel. :roll:
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby ThemeParkFan07 on May 27th, 2010, 4:47 pm
Well, to be fair, even though I'm far from thrilled about Chang being added, at least if it was to become a Bizzaro or become another superhero ride it's not really in a part of the park that's really themed to anything anyway. It's not like they're building it in the middle of Hometown Square.
ThemeParkFan07

Postby david on May 27th, 2010, 5:00 pm
I don't get it! We all wanted a new coaster, and all you can do is say, "I didn't want it, or I don't want chang!"
david

Postby Goku1910 on May 27th, 2010, 5:09 pm
That's because they seen the proposed layout.

It's not a pretty site.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on May 27th, 2010, 5:26 pm
I'm not I'm just hopin for a good name & such....I'm bein made fun of for bein excited for a new 13yr old coaster :D I love Mantis, love standups, excited about "chang", have faith it won't be a parking lot coaster BUT as said am not likin the entrance plaza in the diagram.
gottastrata33

Postby BLADE on May 27th, 2010, 5:31 pm
I agree with Galvan. Gam missed the boat. Looks like it will be the next in a running line of coasters that don't reach their potential. Very disappointing.
BLADE

Postby Paradise on May 27th, 2010, 5:40 pm
haha wow. People are never happy about anything anymore..
Have a take and don't suck, it's the Jim Rome Show!
Paradise

Postby gottastrata33 on May 27th, 2010, 5:41 pm
So, were sayin they missed it as in "could have done somethin we've never seen before"? Ok agreed. For example, an innovative dive machine would have been a new product & technically original, yes?
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on May 27th, 2010, 5:55 pm
Someone at A website that I will keep anonymous posted a picture of the proposed layout. It's not the actual graph, just the one he created. But the layout is basically the same.....maybe off a little. From What I noticed from the real graph that I seen, it seemed closer to the entrance plaza.

Goku1910

Postby monsterfan99 on May 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
david wrote:I don't get it! We all wanted a new coaster, and all you can do is say, "I didn't want it, or I don't want chang!"

No, only some people wanted a coaster to begin with.
monsterfan99

Postby SFaddiction84 on May 27th, 2010, 6:28 pm
Goku1910, the photoshopped pick does not look off at all, looks almost exactly like the map six flags showed! It will look GREAT right at the front of the park!
Trips Planned 2009: ?Unsure?
SFaddiction84

Postby Goku1910 on May 27th, 2010, 6:30 pm
SFaddiction84 wrote:Goku1910, the photoshopped pick does not look off at all, looks almost exactly like the map six flags showed! It will look GREAT right at the front of the park!

Here I got to take my annual picture of the plaza.....Oh there's a track in the way!!!

Nah, I'll pass. It will look good, Not great. Especially if they don't change the station.
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on May 27th, 2010, 6:34 pm
Well all love it, ;) This is 150+ft 63mph, 5 time inverting scream machine here people! Any park would love to receive such a big coaster, I'm excited...that photoshop doesn't look as invasive as the first map we saw.
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on May 27th, 2010, 6:40 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Well all love it, ;) This is 150+ft 63mph, 5 time inverting scream machine here people! Any park would love to receive such a big coaster, I'm excited...that photoshop doesn't look as invasive as the first map we saw.

Yes, it doesn't look as invasive because I think it's little "off" from the original.
Goku1910

Postby SFaddiction84 on May 27th, 2010, 6:46 pm
As long as they Landscape the Area just right, i think it will look just fine where it is. Do you honestly think they will just place this thing and only landscape where the ride is, Im sure they will landscape the front of the park to make it look like its supposed to be there!
Trips Planned 2009: ?Unsure?
SFaddiction84

Postby SFGAm Viper on May 27th, 2010, 7:09 pm
That photoshopped pic you pulled is mine except for that key with the misspelled water park lol
SFGAm Viper

Postby Goku1910 on May 27th, 2010, 7:11 pm
SFGAm Viper wrote:That photoshopped pic you pulled is mine except for that key with the misspelled water park lol

Is it really? If I was a member of "the site" I would have sent you a PM....but I was not.
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum