Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

AOL-TW loses $44 billion

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby greatamerica2003 on January 29th, 2003, 10:42 pm
It was reported today that AOL-TW (Time Warner was the former parent company of Six Flags) lost over $44 billion in the 4th quarter last year.My question to you is: Do you think that if TW did not sell off the Six Flags parks division, and NOT merged with AOL, would they be doing better?Would Six Flags as a whole be doing better, had it not been bought by Premier, whom I blame for the downturn we saw after the sale (and the bastardizing of the Six Flags name, which they slapped on their own parks)Many of us who have worked at the park for both companies LONG for the Time Warner days. TW had TONS of capital to pour into the parks. They ran smoother, looked better, and just about every park got something new EVERY YEAR.One would hope that AOL and TW would split off and become seperate companies again, but thats not going to happen.I would be happy TW were more involved (as in OWNING) at least the parks that were under the Six Flags name before the sale. Would anyone else?
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby Timmy179 on January 29th, 2003, 10:46 pm
I DUNNO DOES IT REALY MATTER TO THE PUBLIC WHO OWNS SF? I MEAN I KNOW WHO DOES BUT IS THAT GONNA SLOW REVENUE SOMEHOW
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby greatamerica2003 on January 29th, 2003, 11:32 pm
It would affect you some way or another.Maybe somone can attest to the downturn in the quality of the experience other than me?
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby Chitown on January 29th, 2003, 11:55 pm
Is your "Caps Lock" stuck Timmy? I would suggest you use it. No need to shout at us.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Timmy179 on January 30th, 2003, 10:38 pm
sorry someeimes i dont even check it
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby coastrcorey on January 30th, 2003, 11:13 pm
This is dumb and off topic sort of, but... I think TWAOL is a big-time monoploy! Time Warner is like the main cable company (not only cable, but magazines, cd's, movies, etc., etc.). And AOL is a pretty popular internet service provider (though I hate them).
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on January 30th, 2003, 11:41 pm
They aren't really a monopoly, they are just very diversified and dominant. They don't crush competition to a pulp then eat them, they compete with them. And not very well. AOL: So many free hours, no wonder its number one! As for Time Warner Cable around here, I don't think they have any slogan, but it should be Time Warner Cable: Get a digital recorder from us, and we'll wipe it once a month for no reason at all! AOL really doesn't exist anymore, anyways. I think the last executive at AOLTW resigned, didn't he? Now it's all Time Warner execs again. So basically its just Time Warner again, except they now have AOL.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterzak on January 31st, 2003, 4:34 pm
I agree, I don't feel they are a monopoly. They offer many services but aren't the only single company that does this...
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on January 31st, 2003, 7:10 pm
Well, the only company you can get cable from around here is TW... Unless, you go the DirecTV/Dish Network way...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on January 31st, 2003, 10:40 pm
Where I live you can have Cable One, Mark's Cablevision, or Time Warner... with all the new other kinds of options now, most people have satellites or direct tv.
coasterzak

Postby Sliced Bread on January 31st, 2003, 11:05 pm
You guys are lucky. I only have an antenna. I get NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, WB, and PBS. I sure wish I had cable. Cable would be so nice. Then I could get a cable modem and get off this stupid dail up modem. :(
I'm the best thing since... wait! I am sliced bread! I am the best thing!
Sliced Bread

Postby coastrcorey on February 1st, 2003, 10:14 am
coasterzak wrote:Where I live you can have Cable One, Mark's Cablevision, or Time Warner... with all the new other kinds of options now, most people have satellites or direct tv.
Lol... DirecTV is satellite... But I get what you mean anyway! :lol:
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on February 1st, 2003, 10:51 am
Lol, can you tell I don't have Direct TV? or on the same page, a satellite? :lol:
coasterzak

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum