Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

[RCT3] Six Flags Connecticut Kingdom - The Final Update

Talk about RCT 2, RCT, No Limits, Hyper Rails, Scream Machines or any other Rollercoaster related game here.
Postby JaminOut on July 22nd, 2016, 6:36 pm
I could see the rock wall disappearing in the future. As for the new addition, I think it will be a Ripcord up charge attraction.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on July 22nd, 2016, 10:06 pm
JaminOut wrote:I could see the rock wall disappearing in the future. As for the new addition, I think it will be a Ripcord up charge attraction.

You sir, are a wise man. :wink: That's all I'm going to say

Anyways, sorry for posting without an update, but does anyone if a diagonal roof trim exists in any Shyguy Main Street packs? I'm trying to build something, and I need the trim, but the only diagonal one I see is for a roof spire. Please help.

Thanks
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on July 22nd, 2016, 10:20 pm
I have no idea, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2016, 6:33 pm
JaminOut wrote:I have no idea, sorry. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's fine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday August 3rd, 1993
Summer ending quickly at Heage Lake

I haven't been to Heage Lake in over a month because of work, and because I took a two-week vacation to go to Illinois. I went to Six Flags Great America for the first time, it was amazing! I'll be going to Heage Lake one more time this month, once next month, and twice in October, so that should make up for it. Anyways, on to the trip report...

Shot0780.png

With schools starting in a few weeks, this will likely be one of the last hot, crowded, summer days for the year.

Shot0782.png

I decided to start with Sky Tower, so I could see what ride had the shortest line. All of the major attractions had long lines, so I decided to do something else first.

Shot0783.png

I was pretty hungry, so I decided to give Cocina Picante a try.

Shot0784.png

The line was 30 minutes long! Ridiculous! The spicy chicken burrito made up for it, though.

Shot0785.png

Mid-Century Square looked less crowded than other areas, like Tajito Village and Pontchartrain Bay, so it was my next stop.

Shot0786.png

I hit Grand Stand quickly, the line reached 1 hour and 45 minutes after I got off.

Shot0787.png

I haven't been on Cab Derby in quite some time. If memory serves, my last ride on it was August 31st of last year.

Shot0788.png

The views from the ride are pretty great.

Shot0789.png

I don't think I've showed you guys a picture of Andre's Pizza's sign before. It looks rather nice.

Shot0790.png

This section of Mid-Century Square was DEAD. Delirium was a walk-on!

Shot0791.png

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Shot0792.png

Americana Theater is the lesser-known of the the two theaters, the other being the Cali... I mean Showhouse.
Regardless, there are still some great shows played in it. I still wouldn't be surprised if it and Delirium were torn down in favor of a wooden roller coaster in the coming years.

Shot0795.png

Fairgrounds seemed to be dead too, Gyration maxed out a 5 minute wait.

Shot0796.png

I decided to pay Scream Machine a visit.

Shot0797.png

That didn't look like a 45 minute wait to me...

Shot0798.png

I would've had a POV for you guys, but I accidentally pressed the picture button instead of the video one.

Shot0799.png

The loops are some of the best coaster elements in the park.

Shot0800.png

I decided to go check out the construction, but first I made a quick detour to Pizza Factory for some delicious cinnamon bread-sticks.

Shot0801.png

The view from EX-press Cafe. The park constructed an Employee Access Road, along with some sort of building.

Shot0802.png

Only time will what next year will bring......

I'll see you guys August 27th,

---Jacob Karse---
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll give you guys some hints on next year:
-It's not a new coaster
-It's not a new area (For now :wink: )

Also, please tell me things you would like to see in the updates, like stuff I haven't showed much of. For example, I don't think I've showed much of Sky Wheel. So yeah, look at the list of attractions and stuff and tell me stuff you want to see.

-RollingCoasting
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on July 23rd, 2016, 7:46 pm
Something tells me it will be a water ride.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 23rd, 2016, 9:08 pm
We haven't seen jack on the Rapids ride. Some pics would be nice.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 24th, 2016, 5:19 pm
JaminOut wrote:Something tells me it will be a water ride. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. We could also use a B&M Stand-Up, an Arrow Looper, an RCOA Woodie, an Intamin Gyro Tower, a Hrubetz, and a bunch of other stuff. :lol:

Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:We haven't seen jack on the Rapids ride. Some pics would be nice.

Ok, thanks. I'll post some pics of it. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday August 27th, 1993
Schools back = DEAD PARK!!!!!!

Shot0787.png

That's right. It's a weekday in August. Almost everyone is at school. Last year when I went on a weekday towards the end of August, local schools had the day off, but not today!

Shot0788.png

I don't think the park will be making much money from Quick Pass sales today...

Shot0789.png

I didn't see anybody else besides employees in Connecticut.

Shot0790.png

These switchbacks were full last time...

Here's a POV of Connecticut Twister. Switch the quality to 480p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVELLm-KY9k

Shot0791.png

I rode it 16 times in a row! Half back row, Half front row.

Shot0792.png

The Heage Lake Monster was calling my name, so I took it for a spin.

Shot0793.png

Dead Pontchartrain Bay.

Shot0794.png

It's Sky Wheel time!

Shot0795.png

The views from the ride's cabin are amazing.

Shot0796.png

Time to ride the rapids.

Shot0798.png

It's station was empty. I was the only person on my raft.

Shot0799.png

The tunnel is a great way to escape the heat. (Or what's left of it. : p)

Shot0800.png

The Calico logo has been removed from the sign.

Shot0801.png

I need to come back on Saturday to see one of these battles. Maybe next year I'll join, my cousin Mark and brother Neil and I have a band, haha. (I missed the cut-off this year)

Shot0802.png

I wanted to do El Starfish next.

Shot0803.png

The employee ran a double-cycle for me!

Shot0804.png

Of all the days Grand Stand had to be down... :cry:

Shot0805.png

El Scrambler was running great today!

Shot0806.png

Americana Swings sign is gone. Weird.

I don't have any clue on when the park is going to announce the new 1994 addition, but Calico Lake sure isn't taking much time to announce theirs... everywhere. There are advertisements all over Connecticut, on TV Channels, Radio Stations, Magazines, Newspapers, Billboards. Yep. The way the crowds at Heage Lake were today might be the same on Opening Day next year...

---Jacob Karse---
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments
Shot0802.png
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 24th, 2016, 5:29 pm
Connecticut Twister looks too good to be RCCA lol. It does look like a nice coaster though! Can't wait to see more POVs!

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on July 24th, 2016, 6:15 pm
^Agreed

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on July 25th, 2016, 7:57 pm
Thanks guys. I plan on doing more in the future, as you will see in this update.
Monday September 6th, 1993
Labor Day + 1994 Plans announced

Shot0803.png

Today is technically the last "summer" day of the season.

Shot0804.png

I ran out of pre-brought tickets for the season so I had to wait 20 minutes for the park to open the ticket sales building. :P

Shot0806.png

So I guess the park is expanding Pontchartrain Bay and adding a pirate-ship ride, S.S. Bayou in 1994. Not the most exciting announcement, but it's pretty cool since we could use a flat in the back of the park.

Shot0807.png

Not sure if this is going to fool anyone......

Shot0808.png

I never really noticed how much space is available by La Empresa/On The Trail.

Shot0809.png

As everyone else headed for Fairgrounds, I made my way to Tajito Village.

Shot0810.png

It was almost as much of a ghost-town as the park was last time.

Shot0811.png

No line for La Empresa? Don't mind if I do.

Shot0812.png

I see Haunted Ranch.

Shot0813.png

2 of my favorite rides in the park in one picture.

Shot0814.png

I saw two kids inappropriately making out in El Scrambler's queue line, so I tried to take a picture and show it to security. I accidentally turned the rear-facing camera on though. :x

Shot0815.png

The Connecticut Rippers (Famous local band) were playing at the Showhouse. Actually, they were the winners of the park's 1993 band battle. (Summer long event - I promise, I'll enter next year) There are no band battles during Fall Fest since the park uses the Showhouse (and Americana Theater) for Halloween shows.

Shot0816.png

I have no idea why that entertainer was allowed in the construction area...

Shot0817.png

I rode Dive Slide to get a better view of the service road/construction.

Shot0818.png

It looks like that's a gift shop (The building near EXpress Cafe)

Shot0819.png

The pepperoni sub at Orleans Sub tasted dried. And I found a hair on my tomato slice :|

Shot0820.png

I beat the high score on Pac-Man and got a ticket to attend the park's "ENR" (Exclusive Night Rides) event that they are starting for Fall Fest. You can only gain entry by buying a slightly more expensive ticket ($45 instead of $30) or by winning a free ticket. :P Mr. Heage said that if the event is successful, it will continue next summer as well.

Shot0821.png

I can't wait for Fall Fest this year!

Shot0822.png

Basically everyone left around 6, so I spent the last hour marathoning the whole right side of the park, including multiple re-rides of Scream Machine, Grand Stand, Haunted Ranch and Mine Shaft Drop.

Oh, I also recorded this POV of Grand Stand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s7uB8FnaCE

I'll see you guys in October!

---Jacob Karse---
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on July 25th, 2016, 8:02 pm
May I request more haunted houses for Fall Fest?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on July 25th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Sure, do you have specific requests, or do you just want more in general? (I've got a new one in mind to tie in with the storyline :wink: )

Also, for anyone who saw the POV, it's pronounced "Heeg" not "Heege." Darn Text to speech bots : p
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on July 25th, 2016, 8:16 pm
Some form of murderous house or a creepy forest trail.

Also, I've been pronouncing the park's name wrong all this time!

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on July 27th, 2016, 10:19 pm
^ Done :wink:
Also, I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates.
Friday October 1st, 1992
Fall Fest Opening Day Part 1

Shot0833.png

It's officially fall here at Heage Lake.

Shot0835.png

I wonder what the building is for?

Shot0836.png

New for Fall Fest 1993 is 24 Elm Street! The park constructed a Haunted House in the Main Gates section of the park and hired some scare actors to chase you around carrying things such as fake chainsaws, fake knifes, and paint-ball guns (unloaded).

Shot0837.png

At this point, somebody with a ski-mask chased me with a fake knife, so I was running trying to find the way out.

Here's how I'll rate 24 Elm Street:

Theming - 6/10 - Besides the nice temporary walls and a few cobwebs, there wasn't much theming. For example, the park could've added a soundtrack, or some fake blood or something.

Scariness - 9/10 - I'm not going to lie, I actually got scared, as did everyone else I saw being chased out.

Overall Looks - 9/10 - The temporary walls looked good and all, as did the fences around the building. Great for an amusement park!

Shot0838.png

It didn't look like Swingset had received any theming for Fall Fest.

Shot0839.png

I tried to see if any construction materials were on the service road, but it didn't look it.

Shot0840.png

Ship Dip seems to be less popular than it was in 1992, but it's still a great ride.

Shot0841.png

Orleans Grille's outdoor seating is a great place to eat any meal.

Shot0842.png

Next up on the Fall Fest agenda is Lake Calico. Honestly, hilarious name. I heard Mr. Calico isn't taking it very lightly, either. So I wouldn't be surprised if Calico Lake has a "Lake Heage" attraction at their Halloween Event next year.

Shot0843.png

You can see Orleans Park in plain sight.

Shot0844.png

Lake Calico is themed to an abandoned amusement park.. looks like Heage Lake is finally getting vengeance for Calico Lake advertising themselves so close to the park.

Shot0845.png

The had a cool little house to walk in, but it didn't really have anything to do with the theme.

Shot0846.png

At least you can get great views of Lake Pontchartrain that you can't get anywhere else in the park.

Lake Calico:

Theming - 4/10 - Besides what I showed you guys, there was basically no other theming besides a few gravestones. Plus the haunted house was really random.

Scariness - 1.5/10 - Obviously, this was just meant to be a walk-through, but I did see some little kids scared of the gravestones and haunted house, so that's where the point and a half comes from.

Overall Looks - 6.5/10 - The roller coaster cars were great for the amusement park theme, as was the canopy.

Shot0847.png

Mountain Climber was half off today! You can tell everybody was talking advantage of it.

Shot0848.png

Mine Shaft Drop was closed today. Now that I think about it, it and Gyration are probably the most mechanically-plagued rides in the park, though Heage Lake has spectacular maintenance, so it's not a big issue.

Shot0849.png

Americana Theater has been transformed into Americana Morgue for Fall Fest.

Shot0850.png

Kind of mediocre theming if you ask me. :P

Shot0851.png

At some points during the walk-through (About every 5 minutes) zombies would jump out of the stage and chase people. It was hilarious to hear all the 16 year old girls being chased out of the theater, haha.

Shot0852.png

The park recycled the Frankenstein from Graveyard Gardens. (More on that later)

Here's what I think about Americana Morgue:

Theming - 6/10 - The park did an okay job with theming. It didn't really remind me of a morgue, though, it's basically like a maze/indoor version of Graveyard Gardens, but better.

Scariness - 9/10 - The park did do a good job with this, I saw so many people scream from the top of their lungs when a zombie jumped out of the stage.

Looks - 8/10 - The park did a great job of removing all of the seats and putting up temporary walls to accommodate the Fall Fest conversion.

Shot0853.png

Forest of Terror is back, and it's new sign and theming look great! But you'll have to wait for part 2!

Graveyard Gardens is not back this year, due to unpopularity. But it's theming has been recycled for Lake Calico, Americana Morgue, and a small graveyard (Un-named) in Mid-Century Square.

Le Maze of Terror is back, but obviously not in the same place due to the construction of the Service Road and now the expansion of Pontchartrain Bay. It's now located in Tajito Village by the bathrooms and is now called "Field of Nightmares." Don't know how that fits into a Spanish/Southwestern section of the park, but it fits better than "Le Maze of Terror."

Part 2 coming soon!
---Jacob Karse---
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on July 28th, 2016, 6:09 pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Friday October 1st, 1993
Fall Fest Opening Day Part 2

Shot0833.png

Forest of Terror was looking as good as ever.

Shot0834.png

The park added some "Black-hole tunnels" this year. Honestly, they were a great touch - it was PITCH black in the there!

Shot0835.png

Here's a view from inside the tunnel.

Shot0836.png

Another tunnel towards the end of the path. You can't see in the other pictures, but the outsides of both tunnels are blood red.

Shot0837.png

Here's the graveyard. They had "Diner" and "Wendell's Steak-house" printed on two of the gravestones. I wonder if anything will join them after this season...

Shot0838.png

I decided to trek to Tajito Village to try out Field of Nightmares.

Shot0839.png

It had a cool sign, seemed like something for a video game.

Shot0840.png

It was even more trickier to find the way out then last years "Le Maze of Terror." Plus they hired scare actors to chase you around.

Shot0841.png

I'm not going to lie, I got lost for a good half hour. :oops: :?

Shot0842.png

I found my way out and saw that Haunted Ranch only had a 15 minute wait time posted on its sign! (Which usually means a 4 minute wait :p)

Shot0843.png

Here's a pic from inside its station.

Shot0844.png

What was once a 3 hour wait in summer is now a walk-on. I'm actually surprised Klondike River Splashdown and The Lost Rapids were running, as it wasn't that warm out.

Shot0845.png

You're never too old to get a ride in on Swingset.

Shot0846.png

Ferris Wheel was feeling rather photogenic today.

Shot0847.png

Frankenstein was playing at the Showhouse.

Shot0848.png

I wanted to do Junior Twister so I could shoot a POV.
Click here to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMIU0MbZ3rM
On a side-note, it did not pick up it's "Junior Twizter" theme from last year's Fall Fest.

Shot0849.png

I figured I'd hang around near Fairgrounds so I could get the last train of the day on Scr.. I mean, Death Machine.

Shot0850.png

Death Machine received a pitch-black tunnel for Fall Fest. (Though it wasn't nearly as dark as the one in Forest of Terror. :P)

Shot0851.png

The effects looked great!

Shot0852.png

The tunnel was truly something special at night!

I'll be back one more time before the season comes to a close. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of Frankenstein next time, along with some construction photos.

On a side note, it appears somebody broke in to Mr. Heage's office last night and got off with a few things, including:

-Blueprints for S.S. Bayou
-Blueprints for Bayou Gifts (New gift shop)
-Orders for merchandise
-A flash-drive with IMPORTANT information, including a slide-show of what the park might consider adding for 1995 AND some financial stuff.
-Employee Schedule

The Whitehall police are currently investigating the incident, and reviewing security footage from last night.

Here's the funny thing: I arrived at the park at about 11:30 last night so I could be the first one at the gates when the park opened (Sorry, I'm a die-hard Heage Lake Fanboy :P) and I saw a white van pull up near The Lost Rapids. I took a picture and turned it in to the Investigation Crew, so hopefully that should help. I think this situation has "Calico Lake" written all over it. :x

---Jacob Karse---
Also guys, I'll have a POV of Scream Machine next time. I'm also considering doing one for Haunted Ranch (Park's dark-ride) and Sky Tower. If you're interested in seeing these, please let me know. Thanks.

-RollingCoasting
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on July 29th, 2016, 10:55 pm
Sunday October 31st, 1993
1993 Last Day + Woman has heart attack at Heage Lake

Shot0856.png

Good morning and good-bye to the 1993 season here at Heage Lake.

Shot0857.png

I got one last pretzel at Gary's Grub for the season.

Shot0858.png

Goodbye Connecticut Twister!

Shot0859.png

I went to see the Frankenstein show today.

Shot0860.png

It was a pretty good show, especially considering the amount of crappy musicals that have been put on here this season. (Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, etc.)

Shot0861.png

I took one last look at the construction site for the season. Seriously, it looks like no progress has been made since last month.

Shot0862.png

I did Lake Calico one last time. I'm sure it'll return next season, it seemed to be very popular with the GP. And the local news station did a story on a rivalry between Calico Lake and Heage Lake because of it. :P

Shot0863.png

The Lost Rapids from afar.

Shot0864.png

Field of Nightmares only took me half the time it did last time, but it was still really fun.

Shot0865.png

Forest of Terror was really popular with families.

Shot0866.png

Fatality's queue line reached 3 hours!!!

Shot0867.png

The park had to set up a temporary queue which reached to near Grand Stand Gifts. Earlier in the day, the line went out of the temporary queue and past Nifty Fifties Playground!

Shot0868.png

La Empresa snacks has terrible service, but the nachos are spectacular.

Shot0869.png

Time for 24 Elm Street!

Shot0870.png

Going up the stairs shot.

Shot0871.png

I was pretty hungry, so I headed to the EXpress Cafe for lunch.

Shot0872.png

I think you all knew where I was heading...

Shot0877.png

About half way through my meal, I heard sirens. I looked to my left and saw flashing lights. What's going on?!?

Shot0878.png

Turns out an 83 year old lady from Berserk, Massachusetts had a heart attack after being chased by a 17 year old male with a chainsaw in 24 Elm Street.

Shot0879.png

The lady was taken to the hospital and the park was evacuated.

This is not good. Mr. Heage has told the media that Fall Fest will not return next year, or anywhere in the near future because of this incident. I can't believe this happened. This park is doomed. The world's tallest and fastest roller coaster is opening 4 hours away and somebody had a heart attack at the park.

Also, two more things:

For the 1994 season, Max HeWilth will replace Mr. Calico as the park's co/manager.

Regarding the burglary incident, Shawn Jones of Springfield, Massachusetts has been arrested for theft of Heage Lake's private property. Police figured it out when they spotted Shawn's drivers license which he dropped on the floor of Mr. Heage's office. They tracked him down and found everything at his house. Not surprisingly, he has connections to Calico Lake, as he as been interviewed for a position in upper-management there. Mr. Calico denies that they have anything to do with this, but police are still investigating into the case.

Anyways, I'll see you guys April 7th, 1994!

---Jacob Karse---
Sorry, Scream Machine POV delayed until next season. :P
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on July 31st, 2016, 10:15 pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday January 3rd, 1994
Winter Wonderland at Heage Lake

Shot0879.png

Mr. Heage invited me to take a tour of the park today. A massive blizzard hit Connecticut this weekend, so the whole park was covered with snow.

Shot0880.png

The front pond was frozen.

Shot0881.png

Nutmeg Cafe has been boarded up for the winter.

Shot0882.png

As has the New England Games Gallery.

Shot0883.png

Connecticut Twister received a much wider station. Good move on the park, operations were hell before.

Shot0884.png

The sign for Orleans Park has been stored for the season.

Shot0885.png

Dive Slide has been enclosed for the winter, while Lake Pontchartrain Boat Tours and Spiral Slide have been stored away.

Shot0886.png

S.S. Bayou was being worked on while I was at the park.

Shot0887.png

Yet the work on the new entrance to Pontchartrain Bay has yet to progress..

Shot0888.png

Haunted Ranch's "Outdoor" section has been enclosed for the winter to prevent damage.

Shot0889.png

La Empresa Snacks will soon be renamed "HeWilth Snacks" in honor of Max HeWilth.

Shot0890.png

El Scrambler's queue has been closed off, though the ride was being worked on.

Shot0891.png

I can't eat at Cocina Picante today, unfortunately. :cry:

Shot0892.png

Too bad Grand Stand wasn't running.

Shot0893.png

Grand Wheel has been stored for the Winter, while Musical Cups and Carousel remained.

Shot0894.png

I was allowed a visit to the Maintenance shed.

Shot0895.png

Grand Stand's train was being worked on while I was inside.

Until next time
---Jacob Karse---
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 31st, 2016, 10:53 pm
Wait, who's Max HeWilth? :p

The park does look cool in the Winter. Very bare, but still neat!

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2016, 12:18 am
Max is the co/manager now that Mr. Calico is gone.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 3rd, 2016, 10:24 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Wait, who's Max HeWilth? :p
The park does look cool in the Winter. Very bare, but still neat!

Thanks!

JaminOut wrote:Max is the co/manager now that Mr. Calico is gone.

Thanks for clearing that up
Saturday April 7th, 1994
Opening Day, No Lines, Construction, and more!

Shot0905.png

Now I know what you're all thinking. It's a Thursday in the school year, why would anyone be at the park?
Heage Lake advertised the heck out of opening day, AND all of the local schools have the week off for a county holiday.

Shot0906.png

Usually at this time of day, there's a 10 minute wait for each pay phone. Not today!

Shot0907.png

After two years, the park FINALLY put this gift shop to use. It's always been listed as Main Gate Gifts on the park map, but was nothing but a big empty room before, that anybody could walk in. I heard the reason it never opened was because of a shortage of funds. People were starting to use it as a dumping ground for trash.

Shot0908.png

The building got a COMPLETE overhaul, and even a new roof!

Shot0909.png

I was really excited to finally be able to walk in this section of the park.

Shot0910.png

The mid-way was completely empty.

Shot0911.png

It's finally time to ride S.S. Bayou!

Shot0912.png

It was a great ride, one of the best flats in the park!

Shot0913.png

Oh great, more Gary's Grub. Yay for terrible service :roll:

Shot0914.png

Bayou Gifts was a rather nice looking gift shop.

Shot0915.png

Even the bathrooms looked great!

Shot0916.png

It looks like some remnants of Fall Fest are still lurking behind Lake Pontchartrain.

Shot0917.png

That doesn't look like Fall Fest to me... (By the way, the lady who had the heart attack survived)

Shot0918.png

Yep, that's definitely some genuine construction going on back there. I think I might know what it'll be for, I kind of "Overheard" Mr. Heage on the phone with his friend. All I can say is, something might come "Storming in" for 1995. :wink:

Shot0919.png

Connecticut Twister is still running smooth.

Shot0920.png

This sparked my mind. Yay! Connecticut Twister is running backwards! I hope the park advertises this, it'll draw a ton of attention away from Calico Lake, who opened their Predator coaster to record crowds today, according to my friend Steve.

Shot0921.png

Zipper is a great ride.

Shot0922.png

I was the only one riding Dodgems.

Shot0923.png

This place still has better service than Gary's Grub.

Shot0924.png

Remember when this line was all the way past the gift shop? Not today!

Until next time,
---Jacob Karse---
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on August 3rd, 2016, 10:49 pm
Guys, I think the new COASTER is going to be called Hurricane. Just saying :)

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 3rd, 2016, 11:03 pm
You seem to be on the right track... :wink: #HeageLake1994
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on August 4th, 2016, 8:07 pm
May 7th, 1994
Connecticut Twister Backwards Extended + More Construction

Shot0908.png

Crowds have slightly picked up since last month, but not by much.

Shot0909.png

It was a great day to ride Klondike River Splashdown.

Shot0910.png

It's great to see other people in the arcade.

Shot0911.png

Connecticut Twister backwards, or retsiwT tucitcennoC has been extended from June to October. This a great move by the park.

Shot0912.png

I'm expecting this queue to be full next time I visit on June 18th.

Shot0913.png

Oh. Sh*t.

Shot0914.png

Now I'm really excited. It looks like a station and a shed of some sort . (Please no WhatsInTheShed jokes :P)

Shot0915.png

I'm pretty sure I've been the only on my raft on at least half of my rides on The Lost Rapids.

Shot0916.png

Bayou Gifts has a great selection.

Shot0917.png

I'm also expecting S.S. Bayou's queue to grow when the crowds come in for Connecticut Twister backwards.

Shot0918.png

It's great that whole park is finally connected in one big loop.

Shot0919.png

Many flat rides such as El Starfish were not operating due to low crowds.

Shot0922.png

Scream Machine. I recorded a POV of it, that'll be out next time.

Shot0923.png

I finished off the day in Tajito Village.

Regarding the construction, the park has filed for a construction permit.
The permit said something about a new steel roller coaster along with the word "Hurricane"

I wonder if this is the coaster's name, the manufacturer name, or what.

Anyways, here's a Sky Tower POV from winter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcHoR4Q ... e=youtu.be
---Jacob Karse---
If you think you know what this ride will be, PM your guess. I'll tell you if you're right or not, but please don't tell anybody else. One guess only.

-RC
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 4th, 2016, 8:31 pm
B&M Giga with a tilt track.

You heard it from me first.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on August 4th, 2016, 10:47 pm
I screwed up big time. The sign should read "IT'S MUCH BETTER THAN PREDATOR AT CALICO LAKE."

Sorry :oops:
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Games