Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Batman: The Ride - Simulator in the Works!

Talk about RCT 2, RCT, No Limits, Hyper Rails, Scream Machines or any other Rollercoaster related game here.
Postby Cole on January 15th, 2012, 9:30 pm
Is your simulator done yet Iron Wolf 90-11? Wheres your simulator? When will it be done? Is it finished yet? Iron Wolf 90-11?
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Johnny.Ink on January 15th, 2012, 9:38 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:Is the simulator up yet?

I'm going to be very nice, because you might be a teenager or someone who isn't worldy enough yet to understand:

Please try to be considerate and patient while the program is being finished. It's awesome that you are really excited to play it and help the developer by giving him *constructive* critism, but as anyone who has programmed for a living will tell you, it's ready when it's ready. Unless you are going to want to play something buggy, or not as what the developer intended, please just try to be patient.

You asking all the time isn't helping - although - we can tell, you are really excited to play it.

Please be patient. :mrgreen:
Johnny.Ink

Postby Category3 on January 15th, 2012, 11:13 pm
I definitely considered releasing an unfinished version. I have yet to complete all of the game.

What I don't have done:

-People (Riders)
-Randomized Faulties
-Lift Stop Button Functionality

I promise I will get it released as soon as I can.

As Johnny.Ink stated, it is much better to be patient rather than to end up with a buggy, unfinished game.

Thanks,
Jacob
Category3

Postby w00dland on January 16th, 2012, 4:23 am
^So, is it done yet?

:roll:

Thanks for all the hard work, looking forward to it.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby icantwaittilxflight on January 28th, 2012, 7:01 pm
How's the simulator coming? I don't want to rush you but I was just curious..
icantwaittilxflight

Postby CoasterNick3157 on January 28th, 2012, 8:38 pm
^ Nice screenname.
CoasterNick3157

Postby mrsix on February 10th, 2012, 3:04 pm
whats not done yet
mrsix

Postby RagingBull144 on March 4th, 2012, 7:09 pm
Is The Simulator Ready Yet (NO RUSH) :D
RagingBull144

Postby Category3 on March 17th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Hello there!

Category3 Interactive has been extremely busy trying to meet customers' demands. Things are now thankfully slowing down, and I has decided to resume development on all of his third-party projects (the simulator being on of them). BUT, I'll need your feedback before we continue.

We have created two in-game graphic sets. One of them is a front-facing view of the train. You take the seat of the operator and everything he or she would see, you would see. This is similar to the simulators found at TowersTimes.co.uk. This would be the simplest and quickest to develop.

The second graphic set created is based off a sky view of the coaster. You would view the entire track along with the trains from a bird's-eye-view. This view is found more commonly. This view is similar to those found at TheMagical.nl and RideSims.

We have nearly completed the front-facing view's programming, and have started the sky view programming. However, this does not affect the release date. They would be released at similar dates. No ETA given.

So, the choice is yours. Please comment or personally message this account in order to have a say! We really would like to continue development, but without your feedback, it would be hard to do so. Please help us out!

Thank you for your continued support,
Jacob
Category3

Postby monsterfan99 on March 17th, 2012, 6:14 pm
Defiantly a fan of the sky view. They just flow better and feel like a video game simulator.
monsterfan99

Postby Ace on March 17th, 2012, 7:47 pm
I also would prefer the sky view
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby Brogrammer on March 20th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Category3 wrote:Hello there!

Category3 Interactive has been extremely busy trying to meet customers' demands. Things are now thankfully slowing down, and I has decided to resume development on all of his third-party projects (the simulator being on of them). BUT, I'll need your feedback before we continue.

We have created two in-game graphic sets. One of them is a front-facing view of the train. You take the seat of the operator and everything he or she would see, you would see. This is similar to the simulators found at TowersTimes.co.uk. This would be the simplest and quickest to develop.

The second graphic set created is based off a sky view of the coaster. You would view the entire track along with the trains from a bird's-eye-view. This view is found more commonly. This view is similar to those found at TheMagical.nl and RideSims.

We have nearly completed the front-facing view's programming, and have started the sky view programming. However, this does not affect the release date. They would be released at similar dates. No ETA given.

So, the choice is yours. Please comment or personally message this account in order to have a say! We really would like to continue development, but without your feedback, it would be hard to do so. Please help us out!

Thank you for your continued support,
Jacob

Who are your other clients? If you don't mind sharing that, I just find it interesting. Also, a friend of mine on facebook showed me this: http://marveland.blogspot.com/2011/05/h ... r-one.html
Isn't that you they're talking about? Sorry, I know it's slightly off topic, I just found this all really interesting.
Brogrammer

Postby Category3 on March 21st, 2012, 6:07 pm
Hahahahaha, yes, unfortunately. That is not something I'm proud of. That was, however, before I began to learn ActionScript. And I am apart of an interactive media group specializing in mobile and web development. The majority of the clients are just small businesses looking to go mobile.
Category3

Postby Category3 on March 21st, 2012, 7:20 pm
Quick Update - 3/21/12

If you'd like to try a quick beta version of the front-facing view, be my guest.

The beta can be found at http://category3interactive.deviantart.com/art/BTRB3T4-279356247

MAKE NOTE : This is what I had done as of 1-18-12. I have completed much more than this. I actually redesigned the entire UI. This is just basically for reference. The control panel is nearly exact, and the majority of the items are functional. Please, do NOT let this affect the outcome of the game.

Enjoy,
Jacob
Category3

Postby Category3 on March 21st, 2012, 7:30 pm
Sorry :P Double post here.
Category3

Postby Stoogie on April 16th, 2012, 6:47 pm
Sooooo. Where is the finished version of this?
Candy: What you lookin' at?
Otis B. Driftwood: I'm lookin' at you, mama.
Candy: Yeah, you see something you like?
Otis B. Driftwood: Maybe. I set my standards pretty low, so I'm never disappointed.
Stoogie

Postby monsterfan99 on April 16th, 2012, 11:07 pm
I appreciate the fact my awful computer can run the beta with no issues.
monsterfan99

Postby Category3 on April 17th, 2012, 5:39 pm
Been very busy with some other mobile based projects. The next time I have nothing on the agenda, I'll go ahead and release it. Glad to hear there were no issues!

-Jacob
Category3

Postby CoasterDemon on April 18th, 2012, 8:56 am
I checked it out - that's really cool! Good job :mrgreen:
CoasterDemon

Postby RBullFan97 on April 21st, 2012, 8:49 pm
^I second that. :) Very nice work indeed.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Stoogie on April 22nd, 2012, 6:49 pm
I messed around with it the other day. Great work So far! I'm hooked..lol.
Otis B. Driftwood: Maybe. I set my standards pretty low, so I'm never disappointed.
Stoogie

Postby NightRider785 on April 23rd, 2012, 12:24 am
N2b, although being the ride control enthusiast that I am, I remember what the control panel looks like, and that's not quite right :wink:
Missing a few buttons and lights.
NightRider785

Postby Category3 on April 24th, 2012, 8:32 pm
I think I'll have time to release it sometime next week. Thanks for the feedback guys!

I've just finished the new, improved UI and added so much more functionality. I'll release the simulator to the SFGAmWorld.com Forums first, and then I'll update all other sites this project has been posted on. Stay tuned for more.
Category3

Postby mthomas49 on May 20th, 2012, 1:04 am
any update on release date?
mthomas49

Postby Stoogie on May 20th, 2012, 11:18 pm
So, where is this thing?
Stoogie

PreviousNext

Return to Games