Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

DTCM's SFGAm 2017 Visits

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 14th, 2017, 10:19 pm
Hey guys, thought I would start a thread for all of my 2017 visits. Halfway through the year but oh well... Ill start with my last visit on 8/12/17. It was my 6th trip of the year.

I showed up at the park around 7pm with my dad for a little father-son time. We started at strutters, which was same as always. I like strutters because from my experience its always been the same. Its consistent. Every time I go there I know what I am getting with no surprises. Big portion as always.

Told dad to stay at Strutters while I ride repiV because he can't handle rough rides (not that Viper is rough in my eyes but basically all woodies are a no go for him minus RMC). Line was 45 mins and I thought that was too long to leave my dad behind, especially for being at the park for 3 hours. So I did a station wait for Demon.

My dad and I reunited and then did Bull. Walked past Goliath that only had a 30 min wait because he wasn't feeling it. We did Batman and I checked out the SRL for Joker but it was full. So I went to Superman's SRL but when I got to the last pass person she told me that Superman doesn't have a SRL (and politely told be Joker does). To be fair, the SRL sign wasn't outside Superman, but I mean cmon there were 6 empty seats when I was walking past. Kinda weird that it didn't exist that visit...

I was dying to do repiV so I abandoned my dad and met up with some friends that had been at the park the whole day. We waited about 30 mins... full station. I absolutely hate when Viper's station is full. Why must the flash pass person do that? keep it half full. repiV gave me a headache but it was the most fun I have had on a SFGAm roller coaster in ages. We then bolted to RB at 9:55 and got on.

Overall thought, I thought the park was really smelly that day. You know when you get that wif of garbage? It seemed to be everywhere in the back half of the park.

Trip 6: 5 rides, 4 refills (I keep track of drink refills, idk why)
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 17th, 2017, 11:05 pm
Another visit in the books. Productive day yesterday (Trip 7 / 8-16-17), started empty but picked up around 12:30. We (me and 3 gp friends) left before it started raining. Here were the rides:

Raging Bull
Raging Bull
repiV
Demon
Demon
X-Flight (right)
*refill*
*refill*
*refill*
Revolution
American Eagle (red)
Fiddler's Fling
Fiddler's Fling
*refill*
Batman
King Chaos
Superman
Dark Knight
*refill*
Goliath
*refill*
*refill*
Chubasco
*refill*

It was an interesting day. Rode with Jiggidy on my double ride on Demon, nice to see him again! Fiddler's Fling was a strange experience... we rode once but then the operator had us ride again. But like we didn't really have a choice to get off... one person got off but the ride op made her go back in the line and not through the exit. There were people in line. Not enough for a full cycle, but they were in line. But she didn't let anyone in the ride. probably just over a half of the cars were full, so they could have rode but the op didn't let them ride. And then we rode again. Are they running double cycles or something..? I thought it was super weird. And I was lightheaded afterwards lol.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 18th, 2017, 7:59 am
Did she have her phone out or something and they stopped the cycle to remove her? No idea why else that would happen. Odd.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 18th, 2017, 11:47 pm
^ not that I saw. It looked like to me that she asked to get off. Heck, my GP friends had their phones out on the first cycle. It was so weird.
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to Trip Reports