Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

9/24/2016 Fright Fest Opening Day

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby BCarroll on September 26th, 2016, 3:27 pm
Overall it was a pretty good day, rides wise. Got to the park at about 10:40 and easily got through security. However once I was in line for the ticket gates it took about 15 minutes to get in, after they stated letting people in. My line was just not moving on my side, and my line just took forever. Once I got in I wen't straight to BTR to get two consecutive front row rides in with no wait. Then I walked up to V2 to find that it was down (for the moment at least). After that, I walked back to the front of the park to meet my buddy, Tommy. We hit S:UF right after that, it was about a 25 minute wait. Afterwards, the two of us wen't for a spin on Blood Bath then checked out the ERC area. Concluding that, we walked over to the American Eagle to surprisingly find only the red side running. It was about 12:30 at the time when we got in line for X-Flight, it was experiencing some downtime but besides that it was around an hour wait before we got on. Next it was time to hit Demon before the ROTG opened, it was a front seat walk on. We took a walk through Six Saints Cemetery, which was very well done this year. Following that, we got some chicken from Strutters and headed toward Raging Bull. The wait time was about an hour and we had a phenomenal back row ride, we got in line and repeated the process. After that we hit TT2 and made our way to County Fair. We hopped on Fiddlers Fling and headed to B:TR, only to see V2 start testing. We got in a make shift line for that which ended up stretching around the Funnel Cake Shop! It was a one train wait for back seat, and when we got off we were surprised to see an almost-full queue already! Tommy and I took a lap on B:TR and that had an unexpected wait time of about 75 minutes. As we made our way to the back of the park, we noticed that V2 was shut down again. We rode Revolution and wandered into Hometown Square to pick up our 2017 sports bottles. We headed back to Yankee Harbor and rode B:TR again, this tome with about a 30-40 min wait (keep in mid this was about 45 mins apart from the last ride). At this time it was about 6:30 so we walked around for a while to check out the different scare zones, and both Tommy and I were very disappointed in the small amount of scare actors out. We picked up some dinner from Totally Kickin' Chicken and moved over to B:TR again. That is Tommy's favorite ride, and he doesn't get to go to SFGAm a lot so I sacrificed more Batman rides than Raging Bull rides. Anyways, we rode that once with about a 30 min wait, including a row ride. We walked over to X-Flight, and rode that again. It had about a 45 min wait, but it seemed like forever. We took the County Fair way to get to S:UF (because Tommy likes that one too) and we hopped on in for our final ride on Batman (5 min wait). To cap the night off we hit S:UF, and sped out the exit and made it in line again for one last ride. We were sent off on the last train of the night then headed for the park exits. All in all, we accomplished a lot, given it was FF. I can't wait to visit with Tommy again next year, and I'm looking forward to many more FF trips this year before I go back to work managing the shot clock at the Bulls games.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby RollingCoasting on September 26th, 2016, 3:53 pm
Sounds like you had fun, you guys seemed to scramble all of the place based on the order you rode everything. :D I think we might've experienced the same delay on X-Flight, I was on the right wing side of the station in the way back throughout the whole affair.
RollingCoasting

Postby BCarroll on September 26th, 2016, 7:20 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Sounds like you had fun, you guys seemed to scramble all of the place based on the order you rode everything. :D I think we might've experienced the same delay on X-Flight, I was on the right wing side of the station in the way back throughout the whole affair.

Indeed :lol: we just totally went in crazy order, but hey, it works sometimes! And as for X-Flight, we had just gotten in line and noticed a train empty on the brakes and just waited about 10 mins, and a few empty cycles before it was back in operation.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby Coaster Justin on September 27th, 2016, 1:51 am
Did you try the Snickers Funnel Cakes?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on September 28th, 2016, 8:10 pm
When I tried to get one, I went to every single place that sells funnel cakes where they continued to tell me to check other places because they were sold out at that location. Yeah right. More like the snickers aren't there yet.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby RollingCoasting on October 8th, 2016, 11:42 pm
I have not seen any advertisement for a Snicker's Funnel Cake, kinda odd
RollingCoasting

Postby onyxhotel08 on November 21st, 2016, 4:19 pm
Kinda wish people would post more pics...I know I don't but I don't know how to...
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Return to Trip Reports