Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

7-6-2015

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby RollingCoasting on July 6th, 2015, 9:38 pm
We decided to go to the park today. The weather was supposed to be warm and sunny all day, but that was not the case. We got to the park around 11:20. We were on our way to Raging Bull, when we saw Superman stop at the top of the lift. Anyways, we only waited about 12 minutes for Bull, and were assigned Row 2. :D Next, we wanted to go on X-Flight, but the line was pretty long. So here's when the perfect weather turned around: We decided I wanted to ride American Eagle Red. We walked all the way to almost the top of the stairs. We made into the station, and saw only one group waiting for the third to last row, so We walked towards the back of the station, and I realized the second to last row also had only one group waiting, and then I finally realized there was also one group waiting for back row (lol) , so two of us went there. When we got into that spot, the train in the station was emptying out, but I believe somebody near the front threw up, so they had to clean it up. It left about 5 minutes after the other trains returned for a re-ride. (I think someone also threw up on the blue side , because I saw cleaning up take place and the blue side sent about 2 empty trains. So just as the group in front of us was going to get on, the ride was shut down due to clouds. (The rain started about half an hour later.) The group in front of us immediately left the line, but we decided to wait it out for about 20 minutes. (About 4 people were still waiting on the blue side and about 8 on red.) We had lunch at the County Fair Food Court. We waited in line for food during the storm and ate while it ended. We went back to American Eagle Red a little later, but the back seat line was long now, so I decided to go for the third row, which was relatively short. We rode Fiddler's Fling next. My little sisters were with us so they wanted to go to Camp Cartoon. I scored a front-row ride on Spacely's. Funny story, the front row had only one train wait for me when I got in the station (There was two groups, but one let me cut so they could be on a train with the rest of their family.) Every other row had about four or five groups waiting. I took one of my sister's on Jester's Wild Ride. We rode Rue Le Dodge. We had dinner at the Go Fresh Cafe in Orleans Place around 6:20. I waited to get a couple rides on Superman using the single rider line, but my little sisters wanted to try Viper. (I also wanted to get a ride on Condor, but it's been closed during all my visits this year, and I hear since opening day.) After Viper, we rode Triple Play and Hometown Fun Machine and went home. I wish I could've ridden more coasters today, but yeah. (B:TR, V2, X-Flight, and of course, Goliath had long lines whenever I was near them.)

Also, just a random question, but does anyone know how long SF Outfitters has been closed. I don't think that it's on this years map.

Ride Count:
Raging Bull
American Eagle Red x2
Fiddler's Fling
Spacely's Sprocket Rocket's
Jester's Wild Ride
Rue Le Dodge
Viper
Triple Play
Hometown Fun Machine

Total: 10
RollingCoasting

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 13th, 2015, 2:38 pm
Goliath was brutal as always when I was there 7/3. 90 minutes at the minimum.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Return to Trip Reports