Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFOG 11-29-14

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Dan The Coaster Man on December 8th, 2014, 6:10 pm
I went to SFOG last Saturday for the rides during Holiday in the Park. It turns out only certain areas of the park and rides were open for the holiday event. It wasn't the end of the would, two of the coasters being clones SFGAm has, but I really wanted to ride Mind Bender and get as many coaster credits as possible. Oh well.

I didn't really care for the staff. They weren't very enthusiastic. On Georgia Scorcher, any empty seat's seat buckle was left unattached. I'm not sure if it's a rule they have to be or not, but either way I found it annoying. A flailing metal seat buckle couldve struck me in the thigh or arm or something, I'm not sure. Either way it wasn't very... "professional", so to speak.

As for Holiaday in the Park, it was decent for Six Flags. Met but didn't exceed expectations. Although I liked how it smelled like peppermint in Peppermint Plaza and in the Smore's Village they had fires in which you could warm up your hands. I found it very amusing though. Me being from Chicago, seeing them complaining and trembling in the "very cold" 45 degrees weather made me laugh out loud. These people were hovering over the fires and wearing the heaviest clothes they had. I was wearing shorts hahaha.

I really enjoyed Goliath. Best B&M Hyper I've been on, maybe the best B&M I've ridden. I rode Georgia Scorcher twice. They first time it was smooth for a stand-up, but then the second time (4 hours later) it wasn't as smooth as before. However still more smooth than Iron Wolf in present day (can't spell the name of the ride). Dare Devil Dive was fun but the line was not. First row and pretty fun. And for the Georgia Cyclone, it. was. rough. I was thinking it would be hardly more or less smooth as the Viper, both being Cyclone Clones, but it was dreadful. But there is more rough coasters I've been on. Acrophobia was very enjoyable. I hated the ride attendant that taunted us for the drop, but hey Id do the same if I was in his shoes. And after the ride I just look back laughing. Being the same height, well a couple feet difference, I would take Acrophobia over Giant Drop.

And that basically sums the trip up. 6 hours, 5 different rides, 6 total rides. Pretty good I think because Goliath and Georgia Cyclone only had one train running. And for the park attendance, I can understand why they didn't run full capacity, but I still disliked it.
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to Trip Reports