Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

TR: Cedar Point Opening Weekend

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby tp41190 on May 13th, 2014, 3:58 pm
Trip Reports are lame without photos, but I feel like typing today.

I got down to Sandusky Friday night and stayed at Breakers Express. The first thing I did was go across the street to Louies Bar and had about 13 drinks. I got to see a bunch of townies and past co workers from the years past. I then stumbled back to my hotel room and passed around 3am. Woke up around 7am, pretty miserably, and got ready to go to the Marina Gate for early entry.

The gate opened right on time and everyone moved in quickly without any problems. It's crazy think how stress/problem free getting into a Cedar Fair park is compared to our SFGAm. It was my boyfriends first time at the park so we rode millennium Force first. Nothing different on the ride other then the red overhead lights no longer turn on/off. Next was Maverick and a visit to the bathroom that had about 2 inches of water. We then went to Dragster. The wait was only about 15 mins and the trains were rolling back one after another while fully loaded.

The rest of the day was a pretty standard day. I think the best part was still going to lunch at the Brass Pelican (amazing food). Mid day I took advantage of some free Ripcord and Skyscraper rides.

The new section looks pretty nice. I didn't ride any of the new rides because they were all crazy busy. Wicked Twister also has impossibly short seat belts. The belts are so short that when the restraint is closed on an empty seat, there is only about an inch of slack. They also can't even get close to that back buckle. I am pretty skinny and I almost got denied. The capacity was terrible because at least 2 people were denied every dispatch.

Gatekeeper also changed the way their restraints lock. The rubber vest does not lock in any row. There is slightly more resistance on it, however you can still push it forward pretty easily. It is so much more comfortable as you no longer get crushed on the first drop.

Millennium Force - 2
Maverick - 1
TTD - 1
Magnum - 3
Gemini - 2
Raptor - 2
Blue Streak - 2
GateKeeper - 3
Wicked Twister - 3
Corckscrew - 1
Iron Dragon - 2
Mean Streak - 1