Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm Opening Weekend 2013

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby DejaVu2001 on May 5th, 2013, 4:20 am
I got to the park around 8:00, parking lot opened at about 8:50. Let me just say the parking lot opening was an absolute disaster. They need to use the lights on the toll booths to indicate which lanes will open BEFORE they open the parking lot gates. They ended up opening every lane, but they didn't let anyone past the toll booths until 10:00, and the whole time you were sitting there, you just had to hope your lane opened.

Rides, as everyone knows, were a mess, but I was able to get a lot done early. Got on the second train of the day for namtaB, we'll see if it gets better after I've ridden some more rides this year, but right now, my stomach didn't do too well on it.

Superman, namtaB, X Flight, and Whizzer were 1 train. Viper had 2 trains, but the 2nd train was being run empty until mid-afternoon for testing.

Ride Totals
namtaB: 1
Little Dipper: 1
X Flight: 1
Demon: 1
Sky Trek Tower: 2
Raging Bull: 1

Takis has invaded X Flight

New lockers. There are less of them in each spot. Viper's lockers were replaced by a smoking area, V2's aren't there, but I don't know if they're permanently gone.

Bull has way less lockers. I'm surprised they didn't take the extra canopy down

Hometown Fun Machine looks ready, but did not test at any time today

Carousel Souvenirs renovations

Pictorium is FINALLY getting painted

Train 2 on Red Side has a repainted logo

Blue side has 1 train, but it has not run yet

I haven't seen every canopy up at Spacely's since 2007, but they're all up now

Crawler's arms for some reason are at the ride even though they haven't been painted yet

Superman Coke coming soon

Ride qualifier signs have been updated with much more detailed info for people that are missing limbs

Raceway cars are gone

Cyber Cafe has no computers :(

New harnesses on Giant Drop

The outer wall of Bull's storage track has been replaced

Whizzer Pretzels got new awnings. It definitely needed it.

I'll have a trip report from today later. There might be a few more photos if I missed something :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby Stoogie on May 5th, 2013, 11:43 am
So Orbit is down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Candy: What you lookin' at?
Otis B. Driftwood: I'm lookin' at you, mama.
Candy: Yeah, you see something you like?
Otis B. Driftwood: Maybe. I set my standards pretty low, so I'm never disappointed.
Stoogie

Postby rb1 on May 5th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Nice pics and update it look like the parks pretty busy good thing the weathers not that bad great job have fun.
rb1

Postby DejaVu2001 on May 5th, 2013, 9:13 pm
^ Yes, Orbit is down. From what I could see, it looked like the center of the wheel got work on it. At least that was the only part that had obvious new paint.

May 5th Ride Totals:
Whizzer: 3
X Flight: 2
Viper: 1
Sky Trek Tower: 2

Condor had some type of issue Saturday night after I left. I don't know exactly what, but people were stuck on it with all of the lights off. They had to manually lower the ride. Surprisingly it did end up opening today.

This is what happens when you don't open the metal detectors until 10:20. Way to go Six Flags, way to go :roll:

No trip to SFGAm is complete without one of Buccaneer Battle's 5 riders standing on the ride :lol:

Iron Wolf's locker canopy frame was by the Hurricane Harbor lockers

Bugs Bunny National Park ride cars are under namtaB's brake run

Cyber FAIL :roll:

They had some of the new ticket scanners uncovered.
DejaVu2001

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on May 6th, 2013, 7:37 pm
I look like an idiot on ae up front haha and I never noticed it had a repainted logo! Also nice pictures!I enjoyed opening weekend Hope you did as well
BURTONxBLUNT

Return to Trip Reports