Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Spring Break Iggy Style Pt 2....

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Iggy ACE on April 20th, 2013, 11:40 pm
STOP!!!!
If you haven't read part one go read it!

Monday

After a early morning rise (6:30am) we got ready and originally planned on doing California's Adventure since we have all been excited for Carsland, but we found out resort guests get extra magic hours at 7am and hearing the horror stories of the lines the attractions get at Carsland we opted to do Disneyland first.

Our family shot!

Professional shot is better but ours are more fun!

Not being a big Disney fan this day just wasn't as much fun as we had at Disneyworld over the summer. Don't get me wrong we had fun but it just felt like we were doing the same things as we just did. One thing we did do which we always skip for some reason is the Orbiter. Casey wanted to go with Caitlyn and I opted to ride with Gage.... big mistake! He is getting to big for this.

She was actually having fun with him!

The kids discovered Disney's pin trading in Florida so we bought lots of pins off EBay and brought them here to trade. This made for LOTS of stops at all the shops and with cast members to try and trade for their sets they wanted. As the day went on the crowds got larger and the lines got longer. So glad for Fast Passes and getting up early to get things done before the crowds. I can say that Disney now does turn away people if you don't come back in the allotted time on your fast pass. We worked our way around the park with no sense of urgency. In fact we never even got to Adventureland section of the park.

We felt like caged animals with the size of the crowds today.

TUESDAY

Up early again so we can be at the gates behind people that got up earlier then us!?!? Not having been to California's Adventure but once before we just followed the crowds till we stopped and waited for them to drop the ropes.

Family photo! Making up for all those years I took pictures of the places and coasters and not getting us in them!

Carsland totally blew me away with the themeing they did. You felt like you stepped into the movie and was walking down the street with Mater leading the way to Radiator Springs Racers. Our plan was to head right to the racers and then do the rest of Carsland. I think this was the plan for everyone there. Radiator Springs Racers as most of you know is just Test Track themed to Cars! lol

AWESOMESAUCE!

Unreal!

We walked with the front of the crowd and right to Racers and only waited about 30 minutes to ride. As we got off the line was insane and already at 3 hours!!!!!!! Holy crap! So as the rest of the family went to on Luigi's Flying Tires I tried to go get Fast Passes for the Racers but a cast member told me the line was an hour long for that so I ran and got World of Color passes and Goofy's Flying school fast passes. I made it back in time and meet up with the family in time to ride.

One of the few pictures of us together!

Karen's inner child coming out! And I don't mean ME!

Karen went in line for Racers fast passes and only waited 20 minutes that was the same length as it was when i checked. We ended up with passes for 8:45 to 9:45, right at the time World of Color show was to be. This is going to be close to making it tonight. Today was kinda funky in the back and forth we did through the park. So over to Paradise Pier we went for Goofy's fly School and California Screamin'. Karen forgot what this coaster did and her's and Caitlyns hair made for a great picture which I just had to buy!!!!

She so special!!!!

We also tried yelling at the Toy Story characters "Andy's coming" and "Bonnie's coming" in hopes that they drop to the ground and play dead.

DOESN'T WORK!

I embarrassed my family during the World of Color show. During one part they are playing a part of Lion King where Simba watches his father get killed and Simba cries out "DAD"! In that silence I yell out "YEAH?" The whole crowd turned around and laughed being it was so silent at that time! Good times. Well after the show we head back to Radiator Spring Racers to use our fast passes to be greeted by a broken down ride that won't open again tonight. We really wanted to experience this at night being all lit up. Explaining we have fast passes the cast member tell us we can use our passes at the same time tomorrow night just explain the ride shut down. This would be fine if we were coming back tomorrow. Another cast member hears we won't be back for a couple days and take our fast passes and gives us one that is marked 'open' so we can use it any day or time! SCORE! So we wander about Carsland and this place really comes alive and is a whole new place at night!

Now the long walk back to the hotel for another short night of sleeping!
Waiting to fill this space with something stupid to say!
Iggy ACE

Postby w00dland on April 26th, 2013, 3:04 am
Nice photos! Gotta say I'm already missing my Southern California parks, especially the Disneyland annual pass. Glad you guys had a good time
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Return to Trip Reports