Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Darien Lake

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby stockboy300 on December 23rd, 2012, 8:44 pm
Going to Buffalo New York In June for a week. Just wanted to see if anyone has been to this park. I know SF doesn't own it any more but I want to stop there for the day.
stockboy300

Postby FParker185 on December 24th, 2012, 4:48 am
Well, I haven't been there since Six Flags owned it, when I did I'd go, I'd stop in for an hour tops. But if it's your first time visiting, and they haven't changed to much, they have some really unique in the US Flat rides. As for coasters, Their woodie, Predator is pretty bad, though it has new trains (original Voyage trains), maybe that improved it over the god awful PTC trailered cars, their large arrow looper is respectable in the world of Arrow Loopers, otherwise it's so/so at best, they also have a boomerang and SLC, those are what they are. Superman is fun, but there are much better rides out there, in 99 it was great, but now it's been eclipsed many times over. Can't remember much else. Esthetically the park was mediocre at the very best, but that may have changed with new ownership.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby stockboy300 on December 24th, 2012, 10:04 am
I have family in Niagara Falls and I was looking for something else to do. I see they are getting IGnight. I really appreciate the information. It will be like two trips in one.
stockboy300

Postby FParker185 on December 24th, 2012, 6:27 pm
I think I forgot in the past few years they put in a launched Zamperla Motorbike Coaster, haven't ridden it, but rode an exact clone in Finland and it's a pretty good ride.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Geroshie on December 27th, 2012, 12:04 am
I remember their version of "Superman" was sweet. Was worth the 45 min wait.
Geroshie

Postby BLADE on January 2nd, 2013, 2:14 pm
You could also go to Canada's Wonderland. It's about 1 hour and 36 minutes away from Niagara Falls on the Canadien side. I plan on going there the next time I am in that area.
BLADE

Return to Trip Reports